What have you bought recently?

Bought an Egyptian/Turkish bath towel, which arrived today......
GLAMBURG-Peshtemal-Turkish-Towel-100-Cotton-Beach-Towels-Oversized-36x71-Set-4-Adults-Soft-Durable-Absorbent-Extra-Large-Bath-Sheet-Hammam-Aqua-Blue_ae5d2659-498e-42fd-b6fa-dd52f4d5e637.10dd6cb9e0002ec05e3440550a8ad481.jpeg

It's my birthday in a couple of days..so in recent times I buy myself a small gift....

I've just bought a new Turkish Towel.. in Aqua stripes. I've been meaning to try Turkish/Egyptian towels for a while they're supposed to be very absorbent.but of course I can't buy more until I know how good or bad they are..

I also just bought, a new Pill/capsule holder...

I've got a really good one.. good manageable size, but it only has 4 sections which means I have to have bottles separate to it as well.. I finally found one that is 7 sections.. which means I can get all my vitamins in the one pill holder.

41G11Urnw3L._AC_.jpg
I love that! Seven sections is plenty. I have a small one. I'm always refilling it.

About every month Bath and Body Works sends me coupons. One is for a free lotion product. The size has shrunk considerably but, hey, it's free and I don't need a full size. There's also usually a 25% off total purchase plus a coupon for their featured product.
I got my lotion and they had the single wick candles $5.98 so I got 25% off that. It's 'Iced Dragonfruit Tea" sent. Smells like tropical summer. I left there under $5.
I went to Joannes fabric to look for some yarn to match a small lap blanket I'm crocheting. I was going to use a 40% coupon but it was already 50% off so I got the small container of paint I needed for 40% off. Left there under $6.
I wasn't even trying!

I didn't fare as well in the $$ department as @hearlady. DD and I spent money at the garden centers like I had it to spend! I won't know how much my paycheck is until after 4, when it's posted to my credit union account. It should be enough to keep me solvent until next payday. Barely.

Yup. Spent that much at the garden centers, so much that there probably won't be enough left to transfer any $$ to my EF. Shame on me. Sort of.

Garden is looking pretty darned spiffy, though.

OH I forgot to tell you. I treated myself yesterday by buying 2 Perfumes by the upmarket British Perfume house , Penhaligon's

I got Artemisia which costs £175.00 for 100ml...

..and Empressa which is £215.00.. per 100ml...

s-l400.jpg

s-l400.jpg

ladies | penhaligon's | british perfumers established 1870 | fragrances | ladies

ooops did I forget to say...I only bought 2 samples.... £5.50...:love:

s-l1600.webp
I love to have a nice perfume for special days. I do not use it often, not for everyday but I do enjoy putting it on to go out.

I do not know what it cost these days but last time I bought it the cost was about $70 for a 3 ounce bottle. I wear Sung by Alfed Sung.

Um. Er. I sort of spent a lotta lettuce. Ordered a 15ftx9ft patio umbrella. Yup. I've been threatening to do it for a couple of years and finally did. It comes with two sandbags to fill to add extra weight to keep it from blowing over.

My old one? It's toast. Worn plumb out and it's dark blue besides. Dark colors absorb heat.

The one I ordered is tan. Light colors reflect heat.

The teeny tiny patio is south-facing so gets very hot; with this new umbrella I can sit outside in summer and it's big enough that I can even sit outside in the rain. Yay.

Next up? Pay the bill:(💸💸

Oh, goody. My new patio bumbershoot will be delivered tomorrow. I'll probably have to ask the neighbor to help me get it around to the back and put it together.

So could it at least be sunny and hot? Hell to the no! It's gonna get rainy and cold, of course, and won't warm up until maybe Wednesday. Fooey.

Do you buy much online?
I have not gotten into buying on line yet, but my partner does Ebay/Amazon, FB Marketplace
Do you prefer to shop in the brick & mortar stores...?
Don't prefer them either but when forced, I go and find I spend too much time l👀king.
Did you recently get a great bargain, or feel you've paid too much for something ?
We are bargain shoppers and utilize garage sales and discount shops.
Come and share what you've bought in either ....
Our recent purchase was a Toyota Camry (hybrid) and sold our Toyota Prius (hybrid). The Prius was a 2007 and the Camry is a 2020. This should be our last car we buy. We did OK on the sale and purchase, nothing spectacular but OK.
This week we bought a new Electric telescopic Pole tree saw.. .. which arrived today..alongside a gallon of oil for it..

electric-pruner-8-amp-telescoping-2-in-1-pole-saw-tree-trimmer-chainsaw-high-speed-grape-pruning-s.jpg

Still waiting for half the order to arrive even tho' we paid for a specific date for delivery

Oh, goody. My new patio bumbershoot will be delivered tomorrow. I'll probably have to ask the neighbor to help me get it around to the back and put it together.

So could it at least be sunny and hot? Hell to the no! It's gonna get rainy and cold, of course, and won't warm up until maybe Wednesday. Fooey.
well don't worry about it Gigi... it's so big you can even sit out under it in the rain :D

Finally replaced the very cheap Adirondack chairs that have somehow survived in my back garden for many years. The new ones look like painted wood but are made of some plastic/resin material.

https://www.amazon.com/YEFU-Adirond...42461_m_sccl_9/131-7428520-3617104?psc=1&th=1

1713549271388.jpeg

The old ones -while they continue to hold up will be in the lower side garden which I’m gradually clearing out to give my stepson a place to park a trailer.

1713549432813.jpeg

I've just ordered some large picture frames from Ikea.. for some Canvases I bought last week...also some new Skubb boxes.. and 4 replacement Drone boxes 2 red 2 white... for the storage in the spare room craft corner

I have had the current ones for many years..time to renew them now that Ikea has reduced their price..

these are my original ones

DSCF0022.jpg

Patio umbrella delivered, assembled, up and shading! I was able to drag the box around to the back and put it together without bothering the neighbor to help. It was easy to assemble but really heavy. The base came with sandbags...wish I'd bought sand when I was at the garden center. Oh, well, it's stable for now, and no big wind is expected 🤞. Need more mulch anyway so that'll get done next week.

The cold/wet front is supposed to come through during the night and rain all day tomorrow. I could sit out there in the rain and not get wet, but geez, it's gonna be too cold🥶 to be outside:(. Might just bundle up and sit out there with my coffee in the morning anyway. Because I can:)

I picked up groceries and received delivery of 4 green place mats and a solar candle for my new lantern that hangs on a bracket attached to the porch post.

Almost killed myself trying to hang the lantern...... I'm short and it's just out of reach so I had to use my step-up and I wobbled a bit. So now I have to take it down to place the candle and try to hang it back up again. I should have left it alone until the candle came.

Stocked up on chicken, frz veg and some beef. Tomorrow I'll portion what I plan for the freezer.

Better-Homes-Gardens-Rustic-Wood-Candle-Holder-Lantern-Medium_507c2fc5-7b22-4372-aa43-162aae8f2948_1.d870bbb953f6e888f4bfba5e527b5590.jpeg

A replacement anti-slip mat for the shower. It’s worth the cost for safety.

Dragged my trolley to the store for milk. Totally filled the cart with this and that. Yesterday, I noticed a small silver nut on the steps. Figured it had to be from my trolley and it was. Glad it decided to fall off at home.

Back