All The Live long Day...."Now departing on Track Two"!

hellomimi

I'm an old soul
I have a story about Rr tracks that my sibs and I chuckle when we tell them. We had a dark green Plymouth, my parents bought second hand. The car was a prima donna such that sometimes it'll run smoothly, other times it just won't. One time, it was packed with us, 4 kids, mom and our family driver, Tony. I don't remember having seat belts, we were always packed like sardines. hehehe As we were crossing the tracks, P played dead in the middle of the tracks. Tony kept on trying to make it start and mom was getting antsy. The train was coming in less than 10 minutes. While mom was panicking, us kids were just giggling unmindful of death. We love to mimic mom when she panics. All of a sudden, in the nick of time, P started and we got to the other side unscathed. Moral lesson ~ don't buy a Plymouth(!?) 😅😛🤓

Whenever I see cartoons of one tied to Rrt, then saved by the hero before train comes, I say BTDT ; )

P.S. @FastTrax, I beg your indulgence. Now back to regular programming.

FastTrax

I have a story about Rr tracks that my sibs and I chuckle when we tell them. We had a dark green Plymouth, my parents bought second hand. The car was a prima donna such that sometimes it'll run smoothly, other times it just won't. One time, it was packed with us, 4 kids, mom and our family driver, Tony. I don't remember having seat belts, we were always packed like sardines. hehehe As we were crossing the tracks, P played dead in the middle of the tracks. Tony kept on trying to make it start and mom was getting antsy. The train was coming in less than 10 minutes. While mom was panicking, us kids were just giggling unmindful of death. We love to mimic mom when she panics. All of a sudden, in the nick of time, P started and we got to the other side unscathed. Moral lesson ~ don't buy a Plymouth(!?) 😅😛🤓

Whenever I see cartoons of one tied to Rrt, then saved by the hero before train comes, I say BTDT ; )

P.S. @FastTrax, I beg your indulgence. Now back to regular programming.
hellomimi, how are you doing? hello fasttrax i'm fine how are you doing? I know, don't quit my day job, seriously though feel free to contribute. Meanderer started this thread and I'm quite sure he set it up for all to enjoy and contribute. You know how us foamers are. Lol.

Meanderer

Original Poster
Well done, @hellomimi and @FastTrax. I post railroad pictures, cartoons, music, poems, history as well as videos. My concern is that a flood of videos all at once seems to derail things a bit. Feel free to post, just slow the pace some, so folks can spend time digesting them. Thanks for your interest & expertise, but I don't want to see this thread become a "bullet" train!;)

Last edited:

FastTrax

Meanderer please accept my sincerest apologies for misleading another member about your rules and more so derailing a thread is a serious violation of some sites TOS and it will not happen again. You have my word on that. Thanks for the warning. GOD bless.

FastTrax

My apologies to @Meanderer and @FastTrax. I didn't realize who started this thread.
Enjoy your weekend!
Please hellomimi you do not have to apologize to me for anything. I am just a member here, not a moderator or administrator but like you just a member hopefully in good standing. Feel free to apologize to the OP if you see fit. Be blessed and again I apologize if I mislead you in any way shape or form about posting on the OP's personal thread. And here I thought I was doing a good thing, strange.

Last edited:

Meanderer

Original Poster
Meanderer please accept my sincerest apologies for misleading another member about your rules and more so derailing a thread is a serious violation of some sites TOS and it will not happen again. You have my word on that. Thanks for the warning. GOD bless.
@FastTrax , my friend, I welcome any and all to post in this thread, I used the term "derail" only in the railroad way. I am only a member here as well. There were just too many posts all at once. I'm not angry.;)

Last edited:

Meanderer

Original Poster
Please hellomimi you do not have to apologize to me for anything. I am just a member here, not a moderator or administrator but like you just a member hopefully in good standing. Feel free to apologize to the OP if you see fit. Be blessed and again I apologize if I mislead you in any way shape or form about posting on the OP's personal thread. And here I thought I was doing a good thing, strange.
So many posts at once caught me off guard. They were a little too much of a good thing. No apology needed.