And the shootings go on and on , and on, and on...

I do not believe the framers of the constitution intended to predicate the right to own firearms on membership in some militia. Had they meant to do so, they would have said that the right of militia members to keep and bear arms could not be infringed. That's not what the constitution says.
Well that is debateable of course. There is a preamble that you cannot ignore. The reason for allowing the right is clear.

Never said I did, But when it comes to American law, politics & policy , it is my position that any non Americans should keep their nose out of our business. They live in a different country..... concern themselves with it.
As the leader of the free world, with the largest military in the world, anything the U.S. does influences the entire globe.
The United States does not keep their nose out of world affairs.
We are just commenting here, not trying to set law, politics & policy.
What are you afraid of?

As the leader of the free world, with the largest military in the world, anything the U.S. does influences the entire globe.
The United States does not keep their nose out of world affairs.
We are just commenting here, not trying to set law, politics & policy.
What are you afraid of?

Not afraid of anything........just sick & tired of people around the world trying to tell us what to do . Again, if we're so bad, etc. Why is it that it seems everyone wants to be here, come here ?

Refer to my previous post. Not everyone want's to be there or come there. No one is trying to tell you what to do.

In a way you are, you & others keep trying to dictate gun law..or at the least make a very strong suggestion as to what we should do...that is exactly trying to tell us what to do. Granted here, on group as you noted, it is merely suggestion but it comes off as sticking your noses in our business, and our business is not your business.

In a way you are, you & others keep trying to dictate gun law..or at the least make a very strong suggestion as to what we should do...that is exactly trying to tell us what to do. Granted here, on group as you noted, it is merely suggestion but it comes off as sticking your noses in our business, and our business is not your business.
What I do is copy over your posts and reply to them.
As I stated before I have family living in the United States so I have a dog in the hunt so to speak.
You have no business telling a member of this forum to butt out of any thread or conversation.
I don't try to dictate gun law or tell you what to do.
You are being overly sensitive. Everyone here is anonymous. Management posts the rules. Everyone is welcome from what I read.
If you want to defend your gun ownership, be my guest but not everyone has to agree with being intimidated from posting.
And that sir is why the politics was eliminated from this forum.

Never said I did, But when it comes to American law, politics & policy , it is my position that any non Americans should keep their nose out of our business. They live in a different country..... concern themselves with it.

Well bless your heart.

How many more innocent lives would have been lost in the shooting at the church in Sutherland, Texas if a civilian had not been similarly armed and shot at the attacker, scared him away from the church and cornered him? I would wager more than one.
That Sutherland church shooting is the one that set me off. Killing crying babies execution style still bothers me to this day.
I followed that case. The shooting was taped by the church for the church service and was never shown. It must have been really bad.
Now. The civilian you speak of was an NRA instructor who lived not far away from the church so he did have the same type of weapon but (I'm not sure) the guy was wearing body armor.
When he got there the shooting was all over and the attacker was coming out of the church. He exchanged gunfire with the shooter and the shooter took off in a vehicle and was chased and then crashed or took his own life. That's what I read.
Now what surprised me was that the NRA instructor's daughter investigated the shots and came back from the church and told her father who rushed out.
What I don't get is why she didn't call 911 when she was at the church..
The shooter had his truck parked near the church for a getaway. It was all over at that point.
The guy shouldn't have had a gun in the first place. That would have saved lives.
This was a planned killing and the church was the intended target.

One more time. The idea is not to ban all guns. We know you know all Ihe intimate details about guns and rifles and speculate all about the fictitious scenarios as all gun lovers do.
The average citizen doesn't care. They want the carnage mitigated. They feel the right to bear arms is not worth one innocent life. Military weapons are not necessary for civilians. The restrictions are necessary for the purpose of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Well put, Camper. I wouldn't even say, "the average citizen;" I'd say the overwhelming number of citizens of the U.S. agree with you. It is only the fervent supporters of the NRA who would argue with what you said. They will go down with their sinking ship, shouting their loyalty to the almighty gun. No amount of sanity seems able to reach them.

What I do is copy over your posts and reply to them.
As I stated before I have family living in the United States so I have a dog in the hunt so to speak.
You have no business telling a member of this forum to butt out of any thread or conversation.
I don't try to dictate gun law or tell you what to do.
You are being overly sensitive. Everyone here is anonymous. Management posts the rules. Everyone is welcome from what I read.
If you want to defend your gun ownership, be my guest but not everyone has to agree with being intimidated from posting.
And that sir is why the politics was eliminated from this forum.

I have every bit as much business telling you to butt out of a thread , as you do suggesting gun owner policy in my country.

I'm not overly sensitive about anything at all. Just fed up with all those that think they know best for us.

Is there a magic ingredient in New Jersey Pizza that no one else has?
Evidently there is
Got a buddy there
All he can talk about
All I can think about
drooling dog.jpg

Seriously, this ol' dawg knows good pizza from other (Dominos, Pizza Hut)
They're tossed dough, come from real pizza ovens, and served where buxom ladies never let yer pitcher of beer get too low

Evidently there is
Got a buddy there
All he can talk about
All I can think about
View attachment 76341

Seriously, this ol' dawg knows good pizza from other (Dominos, Pizza Hut)
They're tossed dough, come from real pizza ovens, and served where buxom ladies never let yer pitcher of beer get too low

I'm not big on chain pizza, but the Pizza Hut Big New Yorker with pepperoni is da bomb!

I have every bit as much business telling you to butt out of a thread , as you do suggesting gun owner policy in my country.

I'm not overly sensitive about anything at all. Just fed up with all those that think they know best for us.

I would listen to anyone's advice on gun control if their country had a much lower level of gun violence than the US does. I think Camper being from Canada qualifies, at least for me he does. Canada's gun violence numbers are one of the lowest among 1st world countries.

Not terrible looking, gotta say
The pepperonis look a bit tiny, however

Next time I go by a Pizza Hut, I'll stop in...sniff...look for the ovens....and a guy tossing dough

Not terrible looking, gotta say
The pepperonis look a bit tiny, however

Next time I go by a Pizza Hut, I'll stop in...sniff...look for the ovens....and a guy tossing dough

The oil/grease that comes on one of those New Yorker's with pepperoni is enough to run a small diesel engine for a month. That's what makes it taste so good.

Back