Are there ANGELS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atheism is a belief without proof that God doesn't exist. Just like Christianity is a belief without proof that God does exist.

I agree. NO ONE has any proof whether there is a god or not, all we can do is speculate. I choose to believe in a ''creator'' (somehow that sounds more logical than ''god'', don't ask me why) because the living body and the universe is too complex to have arisen out of nothing.

I used to have a penpal who was religious and not only a faithful church attendant, but was also the guy that locks the church doors etc (whatever they're called). He's the one who told me I would not go to heaven even if I was a good person unless I went to church. When I asked him what proof did he have that there was a hereafter, he said he didn't have any proof but went to church to ''cover his bases'' in case he was right. I call that being cautious. I haven't been to church since Feb 1992, for my mother's funeral.

I agree. NO ONE has any proof whether there is a god or not, all we can do is speculate. I choose to believe in a ''creator'' (somehow that sounds more logical than ''god'', don't ask me why) because the living body and the universe is too complex to have arisen out of nothing.
Are you an astro or theoretical physicist? Nope, didn't think so.

Everyone must have had experiences which might have adversely changed the path of their life if it not had been for the help from......HEAVEN?
There is a very reliable book that says there are angels put in charge of us. So, yes, there are definitely angels. I have never seen one, however, there is some that say that there are angels among us while we are unaware that they are there with us. Keep your mind open to this, it is real.

I used to have a penpal who was religious and not only a faithful church attendant, but was also the guy that locks the church doors etc (whatever they're called). He's the one who told me I would not go to heaven even if I was a good person unless I went to church. When I asked him what proof did he have that there was a hereafter, he said he didn't have any proof but went to church to ''cover his bases'' in case he was right. I call that being cautious. I haven't been to church since Feb 1992, for my mother's funeral.
Well, going to church won't get you into heaven. There are other things, requirements, that you must do to get to heaven. Going to church keeps you in fellowship with fellow believers, you receive teaching, and your spirit gets fed. Of course, he didn't have proof of that, cause he knew that what he said had no foundational truth.

Interesting.. I was reading an article today about the possibility of the universe spontaneously coming from nothing 13.5 billion years ago. Our solar system which is only one of billions, was formed approx 4.5 billion years ago. Life was not just created - it evolved over millions of years on Earth. The evidence is there and and it seems absolutely ridiculous to suggest that it didn't also evolve elsewhere.

I haven't had any experiences or feelings of angels or spirits but I keep an open mind and hope to have contact with a departed loved one someday, so far nothing, not a believer yet
You don't need proof of angels or anything like that to become a believer, it is like when you are a baby you know nothing about walking then you try it out and practice it and before you know it you are walking and running. Same principle, just try it out, find a church that appeals to you, then before you know it, you will get it. You will understand it, there are others there that will help you, sometimes they have been where you are.

I was reading an article today about the possibility of the universe spontaneously coming from nothing 13.5 billion years ago.
And what was there before nothing? I can't comprehend anything without a beginning and an end, that is why I believe in a creator, because I have no answer to that question.

And what was there before nothing? I can't comprehend anything without a beginning and an end, that is why I believe in a creator, because I have no answer to that question.

There is really no empirical answer to that kind of question. Which is why I believe that each individual's answers to those questions is finally based on one's philosophy of life, whether that be a religious belief or just about any thing else. I personally lean more to the Buddhist philosophy, about no birth, no death, although I don't really see where one kind of belief negates any other. I believe that we can learn so much from each other. We're really just one species of human being if we can only understand that. We each may just have a part of the truth, whatever that truth may be.

A void seeks to be filled. The lack of comprehension is filled by God(s). That doesn't make them real. It consumes the vacuum. Not having an answer doesn't mean it is a god. Just means you don't have the answer, whether 'yet' or 'never.' It's actually lazy.

Last edited:
A void seeks to be filled. The lack of comprehension is filled by God(s). That doesn't make them real. It consumes the vacuum. Not having an answer doesn't mean it is a god. Just means you don't have the answer, whether 'yet' or 'never.' It's actually lazy.

There's only a void if you perceive it to be.

See how philosophical I can be? LOL

Last edited:

PVC, that comment explains a lot about religion. You are right, we can't comprehend anything without a beginning and an end (though a Mobius strip comes to mind, that's probably the closest I can come, or maybe a circle), and so we have invented supreme beings to reassure us that there's "something" there. But who says there is, just because we can't comprehend the void?

What is real in this universe may be far beyond the comprehension of us poor, feeble human beings. Astrophysicists have told us that the universe exploded from a tiny speck, and some day will all collapse back into another tiny speck. Can we really imagine that? I know I can't. But it strikes me as more real than imaginary stories about ghosts, goblins, angels, demons, and whatever else our fertile human imaginations have come up with. At least there is some evidence of truth in the scientific findings.

Your can drive yourself crazy trying to get your head around some big questions like what was it like before the beginning of time and space. I don't have enough years left, or enough grey matter still firing to indulge on these conundrums.

I prefer to reflect on deeper and more ancient questions like" what is the purpose of life and what does it mean to live a good life". These questions are inherently religious and most systems of religion focus on both of these questions. Often they come up with similar answers.

People of faith and of none tend to settle on their own personal answers which are influenced by culture, education and personality. Discourse and dialogue present opportunities to learn and expand our horizons of thought and are fruitful only as long as we are prepared to listen to the thoughts of others.

PVC, that comment explains a lot about religion. You are right, we can't comprehend anything without a beginning and an end (though a Mobius strip comes to mind, that's probably the closest I can come, or maybe a circle), and so we have invented supreme beings to reassure us that there's "something" there. But who says there is, just because we can't comprehend the void?

What is real in this universe may be far beyond the comprehension of us poor, feeble human beings. Astrophysicists have told us that the universe exploded from a tiny speck, and some day will all collapse back into another tiny speck. Can we really imagine that? I know I can't. But it strikes me as more real than imaginary stories about ghosts, goblins, angels, demons, and whatever else our fertile human imaginations have come up with. At least there is some evidence of truth in the scientific findings.
Yes, there are too many mysteries out there, the Big Bang and the black holes etc. But the biggest mystery of all is what is beyond ''reality'', what was there before the beginning of time and space? The answer seems to be spherical, since everything in the universe seems to be spherical (the planets and the galaxies and even the movement of all celestial bodies) but even that does not answer what is beyond the (finite) globe of the universe. I just don't understand infinity, I guess, and THAT is what makes me believe in a creator. I don't believe in ghosts, and angels, and heaven and hell, those are just human inventions trying to make sense of our existence.

I am also amazed at how complex the living body is, and it all comes to be from a tiny egg and sperm invisible to the human eye. When you think about it, that is similar to what the astrophysicists said "that the universe exploded from a tiny speck, and some day will all collapse back into another tiny speck." And then comes death and all of that marvelous machinery decomposes and goes to waste, like an exercise in futility. There MUST be some sense to that futility, that waste of creation. Why would the creator or whoever go to all that trouble to create something only to destroy it? And these are not the musings of an old woman near the end of life, I have always asked these questions since I was at least a teenager. And what is sad is that I will never find out the answer, because I truly don't believe in that mythical afterlife.

I prefer to reflect on deeper and more ancient questions like" what is the purpose of life and what does it mean to live a good life".

Why does there even have to be a purpose?

Couldn't it just be that "Shit happens"?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=shit happens
Taoism: Shit Happens.
Hinduism: This shit happened before.
Islam: If shit happens, take hostages.
Buddhism: If shit happens is it really shit?
Protestantism: Shit happens if you work hard.
Catholicism: Shit Happens, I deserve it.
7th Day Adventist: Shit happens on Saturday.
Mormonism: Knock Knock, Shit Happens.
Judaism: Why does shit happen to me?
Krishnaism: Shit happens, ring a dingy ding.
Jehovah's Witness: people now living will see shit happen.
Paganism: Each shit has its own name.
Atheism: Bullshit!
TV Evangelism: Send more shit.
Rastafarianism: Let's smoke this shit.
Sunday School student:I gotta go!

NO ONE has any proof whether there is a god or not, all we can do is speculate
Well, hell, I gotta respond

There IS proof
in the Bible itself

It does take study
But not all that much

The prophecies in the book of Daniel alone are so precise
There's other places, but if one is truly looking, it's there

I hope to hell this isn't considered proselyting, or soliciting some sorta conversion, 'cause it ain't
I could give a rip less.

Screw 'belief'.
It's just something I know

I'd hate to go more into detail, and imagine nobody here cares to put up with that (I wouldn't)
but
if yer truly interested
it's there

There IS proof
in the Bible itself
It does take study
But not all that much
The prophecies in the book of Daniel alone are so precise
There's other places, but if one is truly looking, it's there

I hope to hell this isn't considered proselyting, or soliciting some sorta conversion, 'cause it ain't
I could give a rip less.
The bible is not PROOF, it was written by human writers.

No, you are not proselyting, this is just a discussion/debate about what we believe about religion. As long as no one tells me "YOU MUST agree with my beliefs" I am fine with people disagreeing with me. It would be very boring if we all agreed, there would be no seed planted for thought.

I hate to admit it, but there is one response that either goes from my mind but comes out of my lips and that is "Oh shit". I wasn't brought up that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back