Are there any actors you don't like to watch?

I can't stand Martin Lawrence, who I saw a long time ago in Bad Boys, so no longer watch what he's in. I won't watch Mark Wahlberg ever since I found out about his violent, racist attacks on both Blacks and Asians, although I do like his brother Donnie (Blue Bloods). Also don't like Ricky Gervais and Mark Harmon. I once saw Taye Diggs do something so disrespectful and disgusting to a talk show hostess in front of the mostly teenaged girls who were in the audience. I have had no use for him ever since and won't watch anything he's in.

I think Woody Allen is a disgusting person so won't watch him. Like @Macfan, never cared for David Caruso. I also never liked Jack Lord and don't like James Spader (The Blacklist).

I don't like Tom Cruise either. I was shocked when I read that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be attending his premier of the sequel to "Top Gun:Maverick" in London on May 19. In fact, I read they've already seen it exclusively shown to them by Tom Cruise.

I am disappointed when actors make political statements with which I disagree. I respect the fact they have every right to their opinions but for me it takes away from totally enjoying their performances. I know that is silly and I am working on it :)
I agree. Movies are make belief, and an actors political passions can destroy the movies believability.

Oh yeah, reading other posts reminds me...I can't stand John Wayne. He was a misogynistic racist. I used to like Mel Gibson until I read about some of his violent actions and racist, misogynistic comments. The way he talked about his ex and mother of his child is disgusting. I also don't like Christopher Walken..find him creepy as well.

Last edited:
Meryl Streep

Meryl-cropped-sml.jpg

Oh yeah, reading other posts reminds me...I can't stand John Wayne. He was a misogynistic racist. I used to like Mel Gibson until I read about some of his violent actions and racist, misogynistic comments. The way he talked about his ex and mother of his child is disgusting. I also don't like Christopher Walken..find him creepy as well.
You are right of course, but actors are just people, can't expect the best behavior from them.

They are also often less constrained than most of us. Being wealthy can do that to you...

You are right of course, but actors are just people, can't expect the best behavior from them.

They are also often less constrained than most of us. Being wealthy can do that to you...
Yep, and I can dislike actors just as much as I dislike "regular" folks with undesirable characteristics. :LOL:

@fuzzybuddy LOL..no it isn't. I'm not a Tom Cruise fan at all but I don't dislike him to the point that I wouldn't watch him. Just not interested in much of anything he's played in. I did watch couple of the Mission Impossible movies. I'll never watch him as Jack Reacher because he just can't be Reacher.

Last edited:

Back