Are there really 100 ways to serve an egg? What's Your Favorite?

Don't have a pic but my favorite is an egg omelet - egg, sharp cheddar cheese, green peppers, onions, fresh mushrooms, spinach. Yum..sooo good. Also, combination sandwich - egg, your choice of meat ( I use chopped chicken), onions, salt, pepper - place on a hamburger bun with Mayo, lettuce and tomatoes..one of hubby and I favorites.

My maternal grandmother always made these 'eggs' for us as children.

how about something like this?

https://img.buzzfeed.com/thumbnaile...=600:*&output-format=webp&output-quality=auto

listening to radio. topic was odd food combos. someone called to say ketchup on FRench toast! first reaction... YUCK! EW! BUT think about it a second. what is french toast. it's NOT sweet. bread, soaking up beaten eggs, fried in butter (or bacon grease).... not that different from scrambled eggs & toast. i like a little ketchup on my scrambleds.

over-easy... just make sure the whites are WHITE without a touch of clear.

"they say" omelets should have no signs of color... i don't mind!

Haven't read thru all the replies but the many I have read don't mention Flan.
Puerto Rican Flan de Queso (Cheese Flan) | Kitchen Gidget
5 eggs used along with the other ingredients.
There is a hack for making the caramel. Instead of in a pan it's easier & always consistent using a 16 oz. capacity glass measuring cup. Using a micro wave the color can be watched until it's that golden color that is the peak of flavor.

Roll your deviled eyes.​

4015040081_d6c2ccc1e4.jpg

"If you just shrieked, “Ew!”, then these deviled eyeballs did their job! They’re meant to give you a creepy crawly feeling and then surprise you with how delicious they are. With just a bit of food coloring, you don’t have to do anything else differently while making your favorite deviled egg recipe. These can be brought out at a Halloween party for adults or served to your kids on the morning of Halloween for a fun and memorable breakfast. “See” for yourself when you make these deviled eyeballs"!

The egg is a symbol of rebirth. Egg recipes are a great way to start off the new year. (recipe)

"The start of the year is a time for renewal. And what better way to signal it than with eggs, symbols of new life and rebirth in cultures throughout the world. My egg recipe is one of the staples of Kerala, India, usually served for breakfast. It’s a dish made with roasted, spiced onions — simple but very flavorful".

"May you enjoy it and the new year in health and happiness".
eggs.jpg

Last edited:

EL SALVADOR – CRACK AN EGG ON NEW YEARS EVE.

new-year-tradition-egg

Some of the people from El Salvador crack an egg and put it in a glass at midnight. They leave the egg on the window sill and check it the next day to see if they will have a better future. If the egg is still okay, then it means that they will have good fortune. But if it’s rotten, then that’s something to worry about.

EL SALVADOR – CRACK AN EGG ON NEW YEARS EVE.

new-year-tradition-egg

Some of the people from El Salvador crack an egg and put it in a glass at midnight. They leave the egg on the window sill and check it the next day to see if they will have a better future. If the egg is still okay, then it means that they will have good fortune. But if it’s rotten, then that’s something to worry about.
"Oomancy is foretelling the future with eggs. The usual method is to drop the egg white in a plate with water and look for the future in the swirls. In England, the best time is New Year’s Eve".

Does this egg spell L.A. to you?
oomancy.jpg

"One writer explains that a Columbian New Year custom is to have your fortune told by raw eggs in water. Your swirls describe your future husband or reveal if you have the evil eye trained on you. But watch out: the next step was to knock back your glass of congealed, wobbling raw egg. Salud! I predict lots of (egg) white faces".

Why Chickens Stop Laying Eggs in Winter
why_chickens_stop_laying_eggs_in_winter_egg_in_snow.jpg

"One of the main reasons why hens stop laying eggs during the winter is because they are not receiving enough light to trigger their reproductive systems. A hen’s reproductive system is triggered by how much daylight she senses within a 24 hour period. The main way a hen ‘senses’ light is through a gland located on her head called the pineal gland. The gland is very sensitive to light and darkness. It is what controls a majority of a hen’s hormonal behaviors, including laying and broodiness. It must sense enough light for a long enough period of time in order to trigger a hen’s laying cycle. "

"The winter months are often characterized by shorter daylight hours. This means that a chicken’s pineal gland will not sense enough light to keep a hen’s reproductive system active. In general, a hen needs between 12-16 hours of light in order to keep laying." (Read More)

"Is it real, or is it Instagram?":unsure:

"A 19-year-old artist is baffling people on Instagram with his insanely realistic drawings
Sushant Rane is a 19-year-old artist from India. His drawings are so realistic-looking that you feel like you can reach out and touch them."
iu

Back