Are you going to stop wearing a mask now?

I think everyone knows that using an alcohol based sanitizer too frequently will cause skin dryness and other issues. I would have it in my vehicles to use in cases when I fill up my car with gas, and have to handle a pump that dozens of other people have, or when I get back into the car after shopping at the supermarket, especially if there were no wipes for the carts. I've never used it before the pandemic, but it doesn't hurt to have some on hand when needed. Maybe not every day, but when needed.
You can't catch ANY virus by touching something that has the virus on it - UNLESS you touch your face after. The virus needs a mucous membrane to enter - eyes, nose, mouth. That's why some experts have said hand sanitizer is unnecessary if you wash your hands when you get home.
It's not just luck that I haven't had the flu for 38 years or Covid & I've never used hand sanitizer or had a flu shot.

I smell the anti mask mandate coming soon. Already some whack job bar owner in Cocoa Beach has a sign on his door stating that any patron walking through the door wearing a mask will be ordered out and any patron walking in the door wearing a mask and sunglasses will get shot. Gotta be something in the water.

It's stil mandatory to wear a mask here in the UK in any indoor situation , that includes public transport ( although I haven't been on a train since covid began).. however we go into Tier 3 on Monday, and although the mask mandate will stay we will be able to move more freely, with museums and theatres re-opening , and service indoors of pubs and restaurants...

I will continue to wear a mask wherever there are people close to me.....I haven't been vaccinated nor has my o/h...and I also have lung issues..so I will be as careful as I can without compromising my freedom.

It's much harder here to keep a distance than many other countries like Australia & the US.. because we're a small Island and everyone is very up close and personal..

Last edited:
I will continue wearing one inside for awhile until the numbers go down some more. Our county is still listed as high risk. It has been less than a month since I became fully vaccinated and I just do not feel ready yet.

As for hand sanitizer, I have a small bottle in my car and one in my purse. I try to remember to use it have after handling something like a gas pump handle or shopping cart. I am not good at remembering to use it though so I might use it about half the time.

I will continue wearing one inside for awhile until the numbers go down some more. Our county is still listed as high risk. It has been less than a month since I became fully vaccinated and I just do not feel ready yet.

As for hand sanitizer, I have a small bottle in my car and one in my purse. I try to remember to use it have after handling something like a gas pump handle or shopping cart. I am not good at remembering to use it though so I might use it about half the time.
I'm the same , I have sanitiser in my car..a tiny bottle in my bag..and I always use the sanitiser in the shops on the trolley handles..
I understand this Virus is airborne, and not passed on through touch .. but I prefer not to take any risks..so it costs me nothing to sanitise those trolleys, and tbh, it's good hygiene practice regardless of C-19..

I carry wool gloves with me and use them to open doors or to touch railings. No need to carry sanitizer because of this.

Just today I was in a chat box and we discussed masks. The hostess of the channel is age 30 and said she has a history of seasonal allergies and vulnerability to colds/flu. Ever since she started to wear a mask, she has not had the slightest problem with colds, flu, or allergies. Because of this from now on she will always wear a mask. One thing more: she never wears make up and the mask provides her with plenty of incentive to refrain from ever doing so.

Having a long history of seasonal allergies and illnesses, I will also wear a mask henceforth. And while I don't have to worry about makeup, the mask helps me to hide the ugliness of my face so that's always good.

There's a lot of confusion because the states presently vary in terms of which ones want masking to continue and which don't. It's a patchwork quilt. Even within states, stores differ in masking requirements, and some are undoubtedly concerned with protecting themselves against possible litigation. General federal guidelines are that masking will continue in some circumstances such as medical facilities and in crowds regardless of state or local variances.
Yes but how can anyone prove where they got covid from?

At the beginning of the epidemic, I wore vinyl gloves every time I went to the store. I stopped wearing them when I read (repeatedly) that the disease is not spread by touching hard surfaces. The masks were all that we needed.

Of course, anyone can, and should, do whatever makes them feel safe and protected. We each have to make our own decision. But my take on this is that getting both vaccine shots and wearing a mask, and not getting too close to strangers in stores, etc. ought to be enough. Some people on this forum seem to have a grudge against the pharmaceutical companies that have provided the life-saving vaccine. I think the grudge would be better directed at the manufacturers of disposable gloves and hand sanitizer, neither of which is needed against this virus.

"Some people on this forum seem to have a grudge against the pharmaceutical companies that have provided the life-saving vaccine."

That might be true for some who have had bad experiences due to a medication in the past from those pharmaceutical companies however fact is fact, these vaccines did not go through the normal timeline for testing so many are cautious about getting vaccinated. That has nothing to do with a "grudge"

Grudge
  1. a persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury.
    "she held a grudge against her former boss"

6214018_6327.jpg

we need more signs like this one in order to promote mask wearing and public safety

England and Wales has been given the green light to travel to Portugal, one of the very few green light countries which have opened their doors to holidaymakers...so today the first day of the lifting of the lockdown restrictions..many people travelled by plane to Portugal ..( crowded airports)...only to find when they arrived in Faro.. they will be fined ÂŁ100 if they're caught not wearing a mask on the beach!!

Madness going on holiday this early IMO...especially with this new Indian Variant which has according to the media quadrupled in victims overnight..despite so many having the vaccine

Last edited:
"Some people on this forum seem to have a grudge against the pharmaceutical companies that have provided the life-saving vaccine."

That might be true for some who have had bad experiences due to a medication in the past from those pharmaceutical companies however fact is fact, these vaccines did not go through the normal timeline for testing so many are cautious about getting vaccinated. That has nothing to do with a "grudge"

Grudge
  1. a persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury.
    "she held a grudge against her former boss"

I always had a grudge against Big Pharma, it's rubber stamping FDA puppets, it's fetid cousins the Global Health Insurance monoliths and it's dope dealing doctors until this vaccine came to be and I said come Hell or high water I'm taking this cocktail because if I die, then so be it but the chance of me not taking it and dying seems to be at best counterproductive. Like rabies if you take the series of injections you will more then likely survive but if you don't you will most assuredly die.

They are still in effect until at least June.
Right before the mask requirements I was getting around just fine....Hopefully, it will be ok

Back