Are you prepared..............you know.........for..........Thursday?

Wait til the day after when the stores are stuck with ton of leftovers. Why is it every year the stores have tons of candy that is unsold? Wouldn't you think they would cut back so they did not have to send it back?

no kids in the lane where I live 'plus its dark little spooky lol so all the more chocolate for me 'shame as I just brought a large
box of jelly babies =all for me :rolleyes:🤮

Bought 150 piece bag of chocolate candy yesterday at Costco to cover the usual 100-ish kids who'll show up on the 31st.

So far the package remains unopened. Hoping to keep it that way until Halloween evening.

I stopped by a nearby "pumpkin patch" yesterday and they wanted !!!$20!!!! for a good-sized pumpkin (large but not what you'd call blue-ribbon-winning size). Their cheapest pumpkin was $10. It sure didn't look like they were selling very many.

So, I went to WallyMart and got a huge one for $3.85.

I can't wait to carve it.

Interesting enough, it had a sticker on it that said "Not intended for consumption". I guess they're grown for size and looks, not eating. Not that I had any intention of doing so...……..years ago, I tried to make a pumpkin pie from a fresh pumpkin and it was a flop; couldn't get the pumpkin pulp smooth enough, no matter how long I pureed it.

41f858d2e87195b1ee5098bd6edbb195.jpg

Ready!

Ruth, I also remember "Anything for Halloween?" in northern NJ, where I grew up. Maybe that's only a New Jerseyism?

We don't get any trick or treaters where I live now. Maybe because it's a gated community, and hard to get in, especially for kids.

Back