August 2019 ~ Please Share your Day...

I had a really nice day today. I go on facebook and I got a request to be a friend from a girl that my son dated all through high school. She was a sweet girl but her Mother was always putting her down. She never even told the girl who her Dad was. As soon as my son graduated her Mother made the daughter break up with my son. She told her that he was too good looking and would meet someone prettier then her in college. My Son was devested. I accepted her friendship and she sent me a private message that made me cry. She told me she never knew what love was until she met me and saw the love I had for my husband and children, and the way I treated her. I admit I cried when I read it. She moved to California from Philadelphia where we lived at the time. She went to college there and has never been back. Her Mother refuses her to visit any time she asks. Her Mother went on and got married and had another child that she never met. Life for some people is soo cruel. I'm really happy she got in touch with me.

I had a really nice day today. I go on facebook and I got a request to be a friend from a girl that my son dated all through high school. She was a sweet girl but her Mother was always putting her down. She never even told the girl who her Dad was. As soon as my son graduated her Mother made the daughter break up with my son. She told her that he was too good looking and would meet someone prettier then her in college. My Son was devested. I accepted her friendship and she sent me a private message that made me cry. She told me she never knew what love was until she met me and saw the love I had for my husband and children, and the way I treated her. I admit I cried when I read it. She moved to California from Philadelphia where we lived at the time. She went to college there and has never been back. Her Mother refuses her to visit any time she asks. Her Mother went on and got married and had another child that she never met. Life for some people is soo cruel. I'm really happy she got in touch with me.
Oh, how wonderful Sassy... that has to make your day. So great to learn that after all those years. It just goes to show that "everything that goes around comes around". Should give hope to us all, you know. How wonderful to know you touched her life in that way by just being "you".

Oh, how wonderful Sassy... that has to make your day. So great to learn that after all those years. It just goes to show that "everything that goes around comes around". Should give hope to us all, you know. How wonderful to know you touched her life in that way by just being "you".

I could never tell you how much her feelings about me meant to me. I saw pictures of her and she is still the same Beautiful girl that she was all those years ago.

Well Kids, Is it Good Morning or Good Night... Been to bed for 2 hours, but up again, and it's after midnight, so I am going to stick with Good Morning, are YOU as confused as I think I am... Well, I worked out in the shop a bit today stripping wires... and pull copper off transformers... Think one transformer I have taken off approx 200 feet, and still aways to go yet... The other 2 puppies, Shanty and Fisher have gone home now but will be coming back in two weeks for another visit... So it means we'll have puppies for 3 weekends in a row... Not a lot new either than that, but am going to try bed again in a bit... Hope YOU all have a wonderful day... and God Bless YOU all...
Mike

It's 8.30am..I've been up for an hour!! I could hardly get up, my back had seized after helping with all the tree lopping yesterday..agony!!... !! I'm beginning to think we need to get a house with a smaller garden, or pay soomeone to come in a do all the heavy work!! I've got a heat pad on my back and at least I can stay resting today.. poor hubs has gone to work to do a 15 hour day, ... bet he's sore!!

Mrs. L would sympathise. She and daughter spent much of the weekend trimming the beech hedge at the back of the garden, and are a tad creaky today. Nevertheless they're off to Aberdeen to unleash themselves upon the unsuspecting shops, and goodness knows what they'll come back with. Daughter lives in Sale (Manchester), but likes to shop in Aberdeen - it's nice to have a change.

I'm trying to sort out the new bathroom. We fitted it ourselves, but nearly everything that could go wrong has. That's just one problem with having an old house that has been changed many times over nearly 200 years. I'm replacing tiles today, but at least that's one thing I'm handy at.

Well, it's almost 7.30pm.. after the w/e's heavy work..I did very little today. washed up.. made the beds, cleaned the windows.., and unloaded a suitcase that's been waiting for a week.. other than that.. nothing, aside from convos on whatsapp with friends and family ..and rather than be rested, I feel like it's been a very long day!! I really need to be active, but my back and my dodgy knee don't seem to understand!! :rolleyes:..anyway , I'm not cooking.. hubs is brining home a take-away from the chip shop...

My sleep cycle is off again and so I am overly tired and can't sleep. :cautious:

Went to the shop at 7:30 this morning and dropped off my car. They called me a bit later and said the reason the window wouldn't work was

because they hadn't plugged the power back in completely all the way. So they did that and of course didn't charge me since it was their mistake.

I don't know why they hadn't checked the window before giving me the car last time. It was so hot walking to pick up the car but I got it and came

back home. I am feeling so crabby today--must be lack of sleep. I have so much cleaning to do around the apt. but don't have the energy

today. Not going to cook today but have sandwiches instead. I don't feel like doing a thing right now.:poop:

Good Evening Friends...
Well, had breakfast with the boys today, we talked about cars, tractors, politics and just life for all of us. Got a large coffee, came back to my place where we sat on the front deck and did more of what we did at breakfast, and before I knew it, was 4:30 pm and everyone was pulling out.

Lorie has gone with her girlfriend and her niece and they are going to visit Kingston Penn tomorrow... I look over at the couch, Carl is sound asleep, I look down the hallways, and Lenny is sound asleep in the bed... They both look very comfy... Might go and watch the idiot box for a while... don't know yet... But I hope YOU all have a GREAT evening... and God Bless...

67874691_10216183089427788_6276133107171065856_n.jpg
Wish that would have come south a little more.

Doing a lot better after sleeping yesterday evening. Lack of sleep can really affect a person negatively. I ate a healthy dinner with a salad, fed the

pets, am trying to get a bit of cleaning done. I plan on vacuuming today and sprinkling some of that carpet fresh to make it smell nice in here.

Took the garbage down to the dumpster and am running the dishwasher now. I hope to put the new drape up that I bought on ebay for the

kitchen window in which the sun beats down. The drape should block out some of the hot sun heat. I hope I can stand well on the chair to do it.

My knees have been acting up some. I am walking okay for now though which is a plus. Going to sweep and wash the kitchen floor, too. It always

feels so much better when things get accomplished! :) 🌷🌹🥀🌺🌸🌼🌻🌞

It's 4.30pm here, it's been a sunny warm day. My friend and I went to the next town for lunch and then grocery shopping and to the Pound store for cleaning stuff and lots of bits and bobs in various other stores

I wish I hadn't bothered with the shopping. The street market was on, so it was hard to find a parking space anywhere..then every shop we went into either had just one till open with very long slow queues, and or had empty shelves, like locusts had been in and stripped them. I have no idea what was going on that there was so little stock in most stores.. but it was irritating because we wouldn't normally go to that town to shop, but I needed something specific from one store, and of course despite saying online they had it in stock ..they did not!! ..and they don't deliver so I couldn't order online either.. .
I'm absolutely whacked, my knee is killing me from all the driving from town centre to retail parks ...!!

It's almost 1/4 to 5 here .. it's a sunny humid day today... I got both lawns cut, and I even cut my neighbour's lawn because they've been away for a month, and not due back for another week or 2... , I was soaked tho due to the humidity ..even wearing shorts and a vest top... !!

Added some new plants to the pots on the Trellis. Cleared up the barn where hubs had just thrown everything in at the weekend ! (he always does that, I hate mess)... 🤨
While I was doing that, the washing was on... and I got that dried and put away!..then I roasted some chicken thighs..and they were cooking while I tinted my hair and had a shower...

I feel like it should be 9 o'clock not 4.45 ...*phew*...think I'll go raid the fridge for choklit!!

Bum day today. Working on installing new drive belts (3 of them) on my riding mower. Haven't got it all back together yet :mad: Yesterday was gully washing rain day, so today I also had to pull the bush hog off my tractor and install the drag blade so I could smooth out the drive. Still trying today to get the insurance company to fix a problem on my policy. Went to re-register my car yesterday and they said I have no insurance on it. Got to looking at the insurance card, and they have the wrong VIN number on it, so it doesn't show up as insured at the DMV. :mad::mad: Today's phone call showed that they somehow transposed the VIN off my wife's Suzuki motorcycle onto my Suzuki car. I'm still waiting for conformation that it has been taken care of. I figure the next thing I'll hear is I have no insurance on the motorcycle. :mad: (pulling my hair out) :mad:
Definitely, not one of my better days. I think I'll quit today and start fresh tomorrow.

Got some good sleep during the day yesterday and woke back up at 9:30 pm. Made some coffee but much weaker than I have been because after having this "morning blend" coffee I feel like I'm as tense as anything. Somehow that coffee is really really strong. I just got it the other day on sale. It tastes good but I have to make it much weaker than I usually do my coffee.

Took the dog for a walk and saw some new bunnies on the other lawns. They are so cute. Suzy likes them and goes to sniff them and they hop away of course. She's a smaller dog but still much bigger than them. It was so nice out there tonight. The weather has cooled off nicely!

Just watching Family Feud. Not sure what I will do today but do need to do some more vacuuming of the bird area. They had millet and of course knocked it down and all over the carpet. They love their millet!

Still haven't put the new kitchen drape up. I have to cut it down as it's too long for the window. But I got it on sale and hopefully it will work on that window.

Back