Australia today used helicopters and the army to enforce its 'Zero Covid' lockdown,

Status
Not open for further replies.
anarchist movement's anti government propaganda:

il_570xN.245214432.jpg

most rational thinking people would be largely inclined to agree that it's better to have government than not to have it

I just saw this cartoon on the Christian cartoon channel on vaughn site. It answers those who criticize government and its police power authority which, as I have previously proven, was conferred by our Founding Fathers.

Time out....,,
I'm having a bowl of the most delicious fresh berries with fresh whipped cream and they are just marvelous!!!!
My precious wife spoils me so....... I sometimes think I truly don't deserve her!....... on second thought, yeah... I do!

Where was her right to liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

See the link I provided. Her "rights" were limited when it infringed upon the right to liberty, health, and the pursuit of happiness of others as she was proven "responsible for the contamination of at least one hundred and twenty two people, including five dead".

And in medieval times siege warfare sometimes involved catapulting diseased cadavers over the ramparts.
Let us by all means look to the past to learn how to be better in the present.

Living in present times requires democratic societies to find a fulcrum that allows us to balance personal freedom against social responsibility to others. The fulcrum is not fixed. In times of crises it moves in favour of the latter. A world war is one such crisis. A global pandemic is another. When the crisis is over, the fulcrum moves back to a more comfortable centre point.

Last edited:
Now the question to ask is, how many deaths will be prevented because of the Australian government's preventive actions. Without mitigation thousands would die. Now many of those thousands will be saved.

Before you go, read this:

Las Vegas father of five dies from COVID — ‘I should have gotten the damn vaccine’​

Dad dies from COVID — 'I should have gotten the damn vaccine’ - New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)

A father of five, already hooked up to a bed in a Las Vegas hospital, texted his fiancée and expressed his regret over not getting the COVID-19 shot.
“I should have gotten the damn vaccine,” Michael Freedy wrote.
Michael Freedy, top, died of complications from coronavirus.

Michael Freedy, top, died of complications from coronavirus. (GoFundMe)
On Thursday, the 39-year-old, known by friends as “Big Mike” died of complications from coronavirus. He contracted the disease during a vacation in San Diego with his fiancée, Jessica du Preez, and their five children — ages 17, 10, 7, 6 and 17 months.
Shortly after they returned from the trip earlier this month, Freedy developed a painful skin rash.
“He was getting chills, couldn’t eat, couldn’t get comfortable, couldn’t sleep,” du Preez told KLAS. “All symptoms of sun poisoning.”
Eventually, Freedy tested positive for COVID-19 and developed difficulty breathing with pneumonia in both lungs, du Preez said. His family hoped for the best, but in the end he did not survive the virus.
“His numbers crashed and they were not able to bring them back up,” du Preez wrote on the family’s GoFundMe page. “The love of my life, my rock, my everything. The father to my babies is no longer with us. I don’t know what to do.”
Michael Freedy died of complications from coronavirus.

Michael Freedy died of complications from coronavirus. (GoFundMe)
Du Preez said her family decided to wait a year to get vaccinated over concerns about the potential long-term health effects.
“We were just holding off, and now to think that if we just had gotten the shot a week before or a month before when one of our jobs had a vaccination thing, he could still be here,” she told the news station.
Both du Preez and her eldest child got the first dose of the vaccine when Freedy was admitted to the hospital, she said.
About 40% of people over the age of 18 in the U.S. have not been vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Would have been better for him to heed government warnings than those of uninformed pundits who subscribe to groundless nonsense.

Thanks oldiebutgoodie.

For some reason Australians put a high value on human life.*
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that our population only numbers a bit over 25 million.

We call ourselves "The Lucky Country" even though the person who coined that description was being ironic.
We are lucky because of our position on the planet.
We do not have quite a few human, plant and animal diseases that are endemic in other countries.
This did not happen by accident but by vigilance and rapid response to early signs of breeches in quarantine.

* No death penalty, free public hospitals, weapons legislation and public health mandates in response to Covid
We wouldn't have it any other way.

And yes, in the past, atrocities up to and including poisonings and massacres were committed against our first nation people. They still suffer today. This is a blind spot we have yet to fully illuminate.

This did not happen by accident but by vigilance and rapid response to early signs of breeches in quarantine.

* No death penalty, free public hospitals, weapons legislation and public health mandates in response to Covid
We wouldn't have it any other way.

Same thing happened in Canada and in New Zealand. While some delusional pundits say these measures take away their "freedoms", those actions promote our freedom to live and to do so in a healthy manner. The vast majority of people in the USA feel that way as shown by the fact that 70% of the population have gotten inoculated with numbers now accelerating. A few months ago, there were reportedly as many as three million Americans getting vaccinated on a daily basis. Let's hope we will see similar numbers real soon. Then, once the disease is contained thanks to the mitigation measures, life will go back to normal both at home and abroad.

The government locked down people in 1918 in order to combat the plague back then. Courts upheld this action based on ancient laws of quarantine which were legal under the Anglo Saxon common law. Therefore, it is perfectly legal today.
I didn't say the emergency measure wasn't legal. After 18 months this is no longer the emergency it was at the outset. It's immoral. It's oppression for oppression's sake. It's not to protect anyone's health. It's about control because without freedom there is no health. You know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back