Bill Maher's opinion on Trans kids

You are so crude and rude. I am an honest sincere person. I refuse to be bullied by you I am not a pacifist that sits by and let bullies tell me what to do. There are too many pacifists in the world that let bullies and dictators tell them what to do. You are totally out of control telling lies about me and trying to influence the opinions of others.
Surely there must be other homosexual people on this site. Why is he the only one being vociferous? He is unable to differentiate between someone voicing an opinion and stating facts. However, don't worry, there are more rational people here who ARE able to tell the difference.The people who run these social sites need to be careful not to show preferential treatment to certain members.

You are so crude and rude. I am an honest sincere person. I refuse to be bullied by you I am not a pacifist that sits by and let bullies tell me what to do. There are too many pacifists in the world that let bullies and dictators tell them what to do. You are totally out of control telling lies about me and trying to influence the opinions of others.
He has not ïnfluenced"me at all. surprised he is allowed by the moderator to bully innocent people. I'm thinking this may not be the site for me.

It's impossible to have an open and honest discussion on any subject if people are called out or bullied into silence for expressing their opinions.

“Everyone has the right to express an opinion. No one has the right to be listened to.” - Cyril Connolly

"Sometimes the vocal minority is heard over the silent majority." - Craig Sher

It's impossible to have an open and honest discussion on any subject if people are called out or bullied into silence for expressing their opinions.

“Everyone has the right to express an opinion. No one has the right to be listened to.” - Cyril Connolly

"Sometimes the vocal minority is heard over the silent majority." - Craig Sher
Maybe people are called out if they are using slurs to express their opinions. That can't be tolerated, especially when rights are at stake. Opinions are up for criticism, or else free speech isn't working both ways.

It is a tragic situation to not know what you are. My feeling is young people must not be having operations to change their sex until they are at least 18 yrs.
I never remember hanging with any of my male friends that said they wished they were born a girl.

How can one respect the opinion of a homophobe, white supremacist? Why shouldn't one be able to object to things? If I said, like Mel Gibson "Jews started all the wars" may I disagree? Or is that disrespectful in your view? What are you really saying morgan?
your firt line of comment does not fit with your post #65
I am not aware of what Mel Gibson said but that would be absurd to say Jews started all the wars and you may disagree because it is a historical comment and I assume you would have the facts to back that up.

your firt line of comment does not fit with your post #65
I am not aware of what Mel Gibson said but that would be absurd to say Jews started all the wars and you may disagree because it is a historical comment and I assume you would have the facts to back that up.
#65:
We are still allowed to our opinions, aren’t we?
Sure hope so!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What does that have to do with anything? Sure speak your mind, but expect some disagreement. I didn't mention 'respect' the opinion. It might not be possible. Respect the right, but not necessarily the words spoken!

#65:

Sure hope so!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What does that have to do with anything? Sure speak your mind, but expect some disagreement. I didn't mention 'respect' the opinion. It might not be possible. Respect the right, but not necessarily the words spoken!
this is where I bow out, not wanting to argue with you. Thank you for your comments

How can one respect the opinion of a homophobe, white supremacist? Why shouldn't one be able to object to things? If I said, like Mel Gibson "Jews started all the wars" may I disagree? Or is that disrespectful in your view? What are you really saying morgan?
I don't respect homophobes or white supremacists, or their bigoted racist opinions. People like that are full of hate and disgust me.

I remember when I was young the word gay referred to having a good time and it has disgusted me that now gay referees to a male sexual identity with another male.
Lots of words have evolved to have other meanings. When we were kids, gross always meant 144, now it rarely does. Do people resent that one, too? Boomer nearly always refers to people born between 1946-1965, rather than something that booms. Was there widespread distress at the appropriation of that term?

Not singling you our, Lawrence, but I've heard this before and it always smacks more of homophobia than of a desperate need to use the word "gay" to describe merry and lively. There are plenty of synonyms for the old usage of "gay."

This is probably off the subject, but I wonder how and why the word "gay" took on its new meaning. Just curious. Since the word originally meant light-hearted and happy, most homosexuals traditionally have had little reason to be either, from the way they were treated.

Radish Rose - And the reason he shot up a gay bar: Ronald Gay said 'they' ruined his name, made him ashamed of it. I was in the city at the time so remember well.

https://www.nbc12.com/2022/01/20/man-who-opened-fire-roanoke-gay-bar-two-decades-ago-dies/
Or he could have just changed his name without killing one person and injuring six others.

Lots of people (myself included) have endured a lifetime of comments and some teasing because our names have other meanings. We don't respond by shooting people.

Morgan, Mel Gibson is a well-known anti-Semite. I'm surprised you didn't know that.
I know very little about movie stars. Why are you surprised I don't know that? Do not judge me about something I have no knowledge. Btw I am not anti
semite

Morgan, a few years ago there were lots of news articles about it. It was pretty common knowledge. Lots of people who were previously fans of his, because he was a good actor, wanted nothing to do with him after that. Here's a little bit of the Wikipedia article about him:

"F***ing Jews... the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world. Are you a Jew?"[215][216][217]

After the arrest report was leaked on TMZ.com, Gibson issued two apologies through his publicist,[218] and—in a televised interview with Diane Sawyer—he affirmed the accuracy of the quotations.[219] He further apologized for his "despicable" behavior, saying that the comments were "blurted out in a moment of insanity",[211] and asked to meet with Jewish leaders to help him "discern the appropriate path for healing."[220] After Gibson's arrest, his publicist said he had entered a recovery program to battle alcoholism.

In July 2010, Gibson had been recorded during a phone call with Oksana Grigorieva suggesting that if she got "raped by a pack of ******s", she would be to blame.[221][222][223][224] Grigorieva said the voices on the multiple recordings leaked were of herself and Gibson, according to CNN.[225] He was barred from coming near Grigorieva or their daughter due to a domestic violence-related restraining order.[221] The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department launched a domestic violence investigation against Gibson,[152] later dropped when Gibson pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor battery charge.[156]

Gibson's controversial statements resulted in his being blacklisted in Hollywood for almost a decade.[226]

Morgan, a few years ago there were lots of news articles about it. It was pretty common knowledge. Lots of people who were previously fans of his, because he was a good actor, wanted nothing to do with him after that. Here's a little bit of the Wikipedia article about him:

"F***ing Jews... the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world. Are you a Jew?"[215][216][217]

After the arrest report was leaked on TMZ.com, Gibson issued two apologies through his publicist,[218] and—in a televised interview with Diane Sawyer—he affirmed the accuracy of the quotations.[219] He further apologized for his "despicable" behavior, saying that the comments were "blurted out in a moment of insanity",[211] and asked to meet with Jewish leaders to help him "discern the appropriate path for healing."[220] After Gibson's arrest, his publicist said he had entered a recovery program to battle alcoholism.

In July 2010, Gibson had been recorded during a phone call with Oksana Grigorieva suggesting that if she got "raped by a pack of ******s", she would be to blame.[221][222][223][224] Grigorieva said the voices on the multiple recordings leaked were of herself and Gibson, according to CNN.[225] He was barred from coming near Grigorieva or their daughter due to a domestic violence-related restraining order.[221] The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department launched a domestic violence investigation against Gibson,[152] later dropped when Gibson pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor battery charge.[156]

Gibson's controversial statements resulted in his being blacklisted in Hollywood for almost a decade.[226]
Thank you for the information. Not everyone everywhere cares about movie stars and what they say, especially someone like me who spent years as a geologist in Alaska and certainly did not have time to read this sort or news, which we did not get anyway.
For the record, I am not racist,anti semite or anti gay. I am a little cautious around gay men though having had a bad experience with one, he tried to come onto me and I had to flatten him. I don't know why it is important for you to know this, but here it is.

Surely there must be other homosexual people on this site. Why is he the only one being vociferous? He is unable to differentiate between someone voicing an opinion and stating facts. However, don't worry, there are more rational people here who ARE able to tell the difference.The people who run these social sites need to be careful not to show preferential treatment to certain members.
@Lavinia perhaps you should direct your comments directly to me. There WERE other homosexual people on this site, like RFW who had been married once and was a retired cop and Smiley Holly who was a Trans housewife, but they've chosen to leave. I'm not surprised. With that said, if I need to be the only one on this site to share my story, so be it. I'm not going anywhere. I know who hates me because of my lifestyle. I know who supports me. I've made many friends here, and I value them.

I'm sorry you find me "vociferous", but I will not be bullied in 2022 by small-minded, ignorant people who call the gay community "faggots and queers" or those who call my lifestyle "disgusting". I do know the difference between stating facts and baiting with comments like "Do all gay men sleep together"? Would your gay friends appreciate that question?

As far as the moderator favoring me in some way, he does not. It was not me who asked that the "faggots and queers" post be taken down but another member who PM'd me to say that it was unbelievable.

This will be my last response to this thread. Peace out!

Last edited:

Back