can you flirt when being married !

According to all the definitions I've been able to find, plus my own understanding of the word, flirting is not the same thing as playful banter. We all engage in playful banter all the time, with the people at work, social friends, etc. That's not flirting. I think it has to have a sexual aspect to it.
I like the phrase "Playful banter", it suites me.

And your point being?
He was caught with his pants down.
Are you trying to insinuate that there’s some type of connection?

What exactly are you suggesting?

You act like I’m trying to be a poster girl for infidelity.

Nothing like a disgruntled man whose been cheated on. 😏

Well you can BITE ME too. 🤓
Ooooo......someone didn't get their fiber today.
I merely quoted Billy boy who said in his deposition "There was some inappropriate banter."

Exactly the words of Bill Clinton when he was asked what went on in the Oval Office with Monica.
Actually win yes I’ve had plenty of fibre today thanks. 🙄

Thats NOT what you said. The above post is exactly what you said.

You basically said that Bill Clinton said it was just ‘playful banter’ when asked about the inappropriate sexual consensual acts he and Monica partook in when in fact they weren’t.

So YES you compared the words I used to one of words used by the most sexually scandalized couples ever. The word ‘banter.’

That’s quite the connection. 🤓😏😬😂

Ooooo......someone didn't get their fiber today.
I merely quoted Billy boy who said in his deposition "There was some inappropriate banter."
Comparing THIS ‘inappropriate banter’ to my joking around on a forum is ridiculous.

There are no acts of infidelity while openly joking with others in everyday reality. If the definition of flirting is to try and make yourself attractive in hopes of a sexual encounter then my playful banter isn’t working.😂😅

But in all seriousness, with all the joking around I do , I’ve never once considered a sexual encounter.

I think some of you watch too much tv or something. 😬

Tonight I actually asked my husband about this and he burst out laughing. He says I generally avoid people like the plague but if and when people approach me while out I’m generally very receptive.

Strangers come over and tell me they love my hair.
Then they ask if it’s real 🤪😂lol

Last edited:
I think flirting is more an eye thing than a word or a motion.
An eye thing?
So noticing an attractive person is considered flirting?

If that’s the case then everyone’s guilty of flirting unless they’re blind. I wonder how blind people flirt?

The dictionary definition states that people flirt in hopes of a romantic relationship. That certainly clears things up.

think a lot goes on -online, which I find quite amusing coz you dont even know them ' judging by some sites I know ……..
could be jack the ripper who knows lol ……..

An eye thing?
So noticing an attractive person is considered flirting?

If that’s the case then everyone’s guilty of flirting unless they’re blind. I wonder how blind people flirt?

The dictionary definition states that people flirt in hopes of a romantic relationship. That certainly clears things up.
Yes, Keesha, an eye thing. You misunderstand. It's what the flirter does with their eye. The look. Wholesome, friendly banter or gesture becomes flirting when the flirter looks directly into the eye of the flirtee and holds the look a second too long.

Yes, Keesha, an eye thing. You misunderstand. It's what the flirter does with their eye. The look. Wholesome, friendly banter or gesture becomes flirting when the flirter looks directly into the eye of the flirtee and holds the look a second too long.
Yes! That’s the subtle art of flirtation. I do understand what you are saying and appreciate the explanation. ❤

Last edited:
Here's the thing. If the way you relate to others causes pain, resentment or other issues in your life or your marriage, then it's a problem. Otherwise, it's not.

Last summer hubby and I were at an airport counter when a gentleman at least ten years my senior came out from behind the counter, giving me a big wink as he did so. I smiled and said, "Sir, you just made my day. It's been a long time since a stranger winked at me!"

He smiled and said, "You just made mine, too! Can I give you a hug?" I nodded and he gave me a brief brotherly type hug. It was a lovely moment.

After we walked away from the counter my husband looked at me and said, "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Another hug.

My husband and I are very clear about my flirting.

p.s. Gents, just in case nobody ever told you this, women know the difference between an affectionate hug and one where they're being felt up. The first is welcome. The second is offensive.

Here's the thing. If the way you relate to others causes pain, resentment or other issues in your life or your marriage, then it's a problem. Otherwise, it's not.

Last summer hubby and I were at an airport counter when a gentleman at least ten years my senior came out from behind the counter, giving me a big wink as he did so. I smiled and said, "Sir, you just made my day. It's been a long time since a stranger winked at me!"

He smiled and said, "You just made mine, too! Can I give you a hug?" I nodded and he gave me a brief brotherly type hug. It was a lovely moment.

After we walked away from the counter my husband looked at me and said, "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" Another hug.

My husband and I are very clear about my flirting.

p.s. Gents, just in case nobody ever told you this, women know the difference between an affectionate hug and one where they're being felt up. The first is welcome. The second is offensive.
So glad to know that you know the difference. I was starting to despair with what women have to put up with.

There's plenty of online flirting (or telephone flirting, etc.) that has no eye contact whatsoever.

I dont see anyone now to flirt with.....😂 apart from the postman , and he made my day last week, i asked him if he had anything for me.....and his reply was........ive always got something for you ..............😱😳😂 I went bright red and ran in.....my hubby did laugh 😂😂😂

Back