CDC Admits Droplets From Sneeze Could Spread Ebola

Then I suggest until this is all over...you stay inside. If you do go out.. wear a mask and gloves.. and perhaps a hazmat suit. I'm going about my business as usual.

Then I suggest until this is all over...you stay inside. If you do go out.. wear a mask and gloves.. and perhaps a hazmat suit. I'm going about my business as usual.

Oh, you mean like any of the military personnel that are mandated a 21-day quarantine when they return from Africa? Okay, I'm fine with that.

Wait ... military mandated quarantine, but civilian medical personnel self-quarantine? Yeah, THAT doesn't send mixed messages ...

Even the CDC is playing the political game - I heard that they just removed that droplet poster from their site. Guess some of the higher-ups don't want to scare the populace, huh?

Oh, you mean like any of the military personnel that are mandated a 21-day quarantine when they return from Africa? Okay, I'm fine with that.

Wait ... military mandated quarantine, but civilian medical personnel self-quarantine? Yeah, THAT doesn't send mixed messages ...

Even the CDC is playing the political game - I heard that they just removed that droplet poster from their site. Guess some of the higher-ups don't want to scare the populace, huh?

Simple solution Phil.... Mandate your own isolation until this is all fixed.

image.jpg

More information by another guest on the show. I won't be panicking about the Ebola in the US until there's real reason to. They should have really addressed this thing back in the 70s when it first appeared, but they probably didn't see enough dollar signs then from what I hear. http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=2248&cateegory=Environment

I agree, but then don't forget the funding has been cut for research by our Congress.. So I suppose the CDC had to pick which projects would be the more important to pursue.. I don't expect they foresaw this outbreak happening, or if they did that it would be as big as it is.

All I can say to that Sifuphil... considering that not a single one of us on this site would be here if the Native Americans were able to keep us out.. We brought diseases here... (measles come to mind) that nearly wiped out entire tribes. NOW all of a sudden we are afraid of everything.. Bunch of pansies we've become. Quick!!!! Run and hide under the bed til this is all over!!!!

Excuse me but why not learn from those mistakes. Instead allow it to keep happening. Yeah, that makes sense:confused:

I think the WHO CDC and the FDA all want this to get out of hand so they can bring out their new vaccines or just scare people enough to line up for it. They put pressure on Sierra Leon to not use nano silver and the government refused to cave in and now they found out it works and the president sent a letter thanking the people who sent the silver and it was written up in the newspaper but you don't hear about it hear do you.

No, we don't hear about it D0ug, I've had lots of healing using alternative medicine. I've also had to use conventional medicine, I believe in both, and it's too bad they can't work together. I do believe much of the reasons are money, sad to say:( I know my insurance doesn't cover any alternatives.

All I know is that there's a very large difference between fear / paranoia and preparedness.

I for one don't plan to be one of those left swinging in the breeze, so I attempt to find out the truth. Not the "truth" handed to me by the government, but the real truth.

It's better to err on the side of caution, than to blithely skip around town naked catching everyone's sneezes, just because some life-long politician with no medical training (can you say "Ebola czar", boys and girls?) tells me that everything is coming up roses.

I don't know about y'all, but I don't want someone who has just returned from treating Ebola patients sneezing around me. It may be just a cold but I wouldn't bet my life on it.

That's the ticket Phil, all along folks get labeled as paranoid, conspiracy theorists, when many just want to gather as many facts as they can. I'm not into "buying" all that's in "some" news reports either, and I'm not a panicker. But, I would like the opportunity to be prepared, and informed. I'm sure not attracted, or willing to listen to people that have nothing better to do then hurl insults at others simply because they don't agree with them.

I on the otherhand... having a medical background, am able to decipher fact from fiction. I can use my knowledge to understand what is nonsense and what is medical and scientific fact. I have facts on my side.. not conspiracy and fear mongering. So light your hair on fire if you will..

I on the otherhand... having a medical background, am able to decipher fact from fiction. I can use my knowledge to understand what is nonsense and what is medical and scientific fact. I have facts on my side.. not conspiracy and fear mongering. So light your hair on fire if you will..

So then what is your expert opinion on the CDC's website where it talks about the virus living outside the body, etc? Are they just 'fooling with us' because it's fun to watch the public squirm, are they lying, are they mistaken......?

Back