Christmas lunch alone? what food will you choose ?

If I were alone, I would cook myself a mini traditional dinner, go for an afternoon walk and spend the evening in my pj's with a cup of coffee, a warm mince pie and some corny Christmas film on the tv. :)

This year, there will be 3 or 4 of us and I will be doing the cooking but, I am keeping it simple and, fortunately, everyone prefers roast chicken to turkey anyway. :)

Whatever you plan to do this Christmas, I hope you all have a great day 🤶
Have a good time. I happen to love turkey and chicken. I eat turkey almost every day and never tire of it. I hope your Christmas is a great one! :geek:

Chippino is something we've had a time or 2 to celebrate a holiday w a small group. It's relatively quick to prepare and easy to portion so no leftovers. One can choose seafood that meets your expectations for "specialness" and/or luxury or keep it budget conscious.

Me and my son-in-law both love fruitcake. I got in the habit of gifting him one for Christimas and buying one for myself - as my daughter and grandson looked on in horror.
I don't understand why people so dislike fruitcakes and why it is always criticized...maybe they had lousy fruitcakes... but I love a lot of fruit, nuts ...and I have found good ones at Walmart and Publix..and Collins Bakery..

People don't like it because most are poor quality, overly sweet, have not been soaked in booze, and by the time one gets around to eating it after the plethora of holiday sweets it's usually stale and disappointing all around.

It doesn't have to be Christmas for me to have duck. I love it..... but I hate turkey..UGH.... a real Christmas story bird would be Goose...Yum.. but a goose would be far too big, and I can't buy small pieces of geese.. like I can with duck
I like turkey but could never eat duck. Yuk.

I May have this Ice-cream which I've found in Lidl recently...it's absolutely delicious...

IMG-3099.jpg

Makes no difference to me. I don't want company Christmas Eve for a change.
Christmas Day DGS may come down alone, his lady is working (nurse). It's an hour but he says he doesn't care.

I may make Beef Bourguignon ahead and freeze it, then I'll just make some garlic bread and a simple green salad.

Or maybe grilled cheese sandwiches!
BB is a great classic!

It's a shame they take all the fun away w the nutrition label on the front instead of an easily ignored side panel w a tiny font like here in 'murica!
lol...it's the Law.... so we don't pig out and make ourselves fat from saying we never saw the ingredients... which is why it makes an excellent special day desert...:D

I'll have to celebrate Christmas with my family on the 22nd of December because they have other commitments with the other families. I don't mind. I've got to the stage of spending quiet moments with my memories of Christmas's long past. I'll get out my old photo albums and have a chuckle at the antics my husband and kids used to play on each other. I have saved photos of the children sitting on Santa's lap in a big department store over the years. I know I'll shed a few tears with those lovely memories. And the best part is, I won't be having to take tablets for my indigestion.

I don't understand why people so dislike fruitcakes and why it is always criticized...maybe they had lousy fruitcakes... but I love a lot of fruit, nuts ...and I have found good ones at Walmart and Publix..and Collins Bakery..
Swiss Colony's traditional fruit cake is to die for but, yeah, maybe they only got the cheap store brand or Freihofer's fake fruit cake.

Back