Covid coming your way?

Nathan

SF VIP
Just heard my daughter-in-law has a confirmed case(with test and symptoms), spouse and her two toddlers being next. Previously, my son's partner went through an ugly Covid-19 infection. Lost sense of smell and taste. My business partner's adult daughter is currently infected.
...just waiting and wondering who will be next?

There is no end to this virus....in the near future. Perhaps, in another year, it will be a minor issue, but for now, the numbers will only continue to go up. Anything that puts us in close proximity to others is a risk....especially since millions continue to think that this is a "hoax", and refuse to take the minimum precautions.

This virus is exploding across the US and in many other countries. I personally know at least 10 people who are sick (in 4 unrelated situations), all of whom are well aware of when, where and how they were infected. All fell prey to the belief that they were gathering with people they were sure were safe...

My nephew (in his mid-thirties) remains in an ICU. While he's improved dramatically on some fronts, the doctors are saying he will likely need to be on kidney dialysis for six months or longer. Apparently, severe kidney damage from Covid isn't rare.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200914/covid-19-takes-heavy-toll-on-kidneys

Wild horses couldn't drag me to a bar, pub, restaurant or gathering right now, and "party" has always been my middle name. If I'm not going to one or throwing one, I'm planning one.

This virus has me shuddering to think about the possible repercussions that come from letting our guard down, even just once.

This virus is exploding across the US and in many other countries. I personally know at least 10 people who are sick (in 4 unrelated situations), all of whom are well aware of when, where and how they were infected. All fell prey to the belief that they were gathering with people they were sure were safe...

My nephew (in his mid-thirties) remains in an ICU. While he's improved dramatically on some fronts, the doctors are saying he will likely need to be on kidney dialysis for six months or longer. Apparently, severe kidney damage from Covid isn't rare.
https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200914/covid-19-takes-heavy-toll-on-kidneys

Wild horses couldn't drag me to a bar, pub, restaurant or gathering right now, and "party" has always been my middle name. If I'm not going to one or throwing one, I'm planning one.

This virus has me shuddering to think about the possible repercussions that come from letting our guard down, even just once.
Star, I'm glad to hear nephew has made some improvements, but the kidney damage is just dreadful! Thank God we do have dialysis. My prayers continue. I'm relieved you're going to keep your guard up!

A report issued by the CDC, yesterday, said that at the present rate of infection, fully 1/3rd of our global populations could be exposed to, and infected, by this virus before vaccinations, etc., curb its spread. In a "worst case" scenario, that would make today's numbers seem paltry, by comparison.

The next few months may be the biggest challenge we have faced in decades.

By comparison, we have already passed more US deaths than occurred in the Korean War. We will pass the numbers of the Vietnam war within days, and by Spring/Summer we will likely surpass the numbers of the other major wars.....WWI, WWII, etc.

We have a spike here on the island, although not as severe as the mainland. Four of my older vets remain in ICU, struck down by this plague. Last night, I sang a goodbye lullaby, via phone, to number five, he died about an hour ago. It is likely I will be singing lullabies to at least two more of my vets. Breaks my heart. 😔

Last edited:
By comparison, we have already passed more US deaths than occurred in the Korean War. We will pass the numbers of the Vietnam war within days, and by Spring/Summer we will likely surpass the numbers of the other major wars.....WWI, WWII, etc.
Never understood the comparison to any wars. Two totally different things with absolutely no relevance to them. Compare it to the Spanish flu? Yea, I get that. Wars? Not so much.

We have a spike here on the island, although not as severe as the mainland. Four of my older vets remain in ICU, struck down with this plague. Last night, I sang a goodbye lullaby, via phone, to number five, he died about an hour ago. It is likely I will be singing lullabies to at least two more of my vets. Breaks my heart. 😔
I'm so sorry about these losses, Shali. How heartbreaking for all involved. :cry:

We have a spike here on the island, although not as severe as the mainland. Four of my older vets remain in ICU, struck down with this plague. Last night, I sang a goodbye lullaby, via phone, to number five, he died about an hour ago. It is likely I will be singing lullabies to at least two more of my vets. Breaks my heart. 😔
Bless your heart, Shali. I know how hard it must be for you, but I'm glad your vets have you in their lives.

I tested positive (+) yesterday. Feel crappy, but unless it gets worse, I will be OK in about a week. My biggest complaint that I have is my back hurts really bad. The pain is in the general area where the lungs are located, so I’m guessing that I have some lung irritation. Temperature is about 100.3.

I’m drinking iced tea by the gallons. Yesterday, I drank two and a half gallons of it. Keeping the porcelain goddess busy.

58,209 Americans died due to combat and other causes in Vietnam, so Covid long ago blew past that number of deaths. We lost 116,516 in WWI and have therefore already surpassed that one. 36,516 in Korea.

Those numbers show that Covid has already claimed more lives (about 275,000) than the three above-mentioned wars combined (211,241), including combat and not combat deaths.

*WWII American losses were 405,399. Hoping we don't get anywhere close to that number.

Never understood the comparison to any wars. Two totally different things with absolutely no relevance to them. Compare it to the Spanish flu? Yea, I get that. Wars? Not so much.
I think it's to provide context to the number of deaths.

58,209 Americans died due to combat and other causes in Vietnam, so Covid long ago blew past that number of deaths. We lost 116,516 in WWI and have therefore already surpassed that one. 36,516 in Korea.

Those numbers show that Covid has already claimed more lives (about 275,000) than the three above-mentioned wars combined (211,241), including combat and not combat deaths.

*WWII American losses were 405,399. Hoping we don't get anywhere close to that number.

I think it's to provide context to the number of deaths.
A sobering reminder it is.

I tested positive (+) yesterday. Feel crappy, but unless it gets worse, I will be OK in about a week. My biggest complaint that I have is my back hurts really bad. The pain is in the general area where the lungs are located, so I’m guessing that I have some lung irritation. Temperature is about 100.3.

I’m drinking iced tea by the gallons. Yesterday, I drank two and a half gallons of it. Keeping the porcelain goddess busy.
I hope it passes quickly. It sounds extremely uncomfortable :(

Thanks so much for your kind words, Pinky and Starsong. This is bleak stuff. I wish I could be there to hold them.
God bless you and them Shalimar...we so want this plague to be in our rear view mirrors. It has disrupted about every facet of our lives and so many have lost loved ones. You must be such a blessing to those vets and their families in their time of need. A great gift to them!

I am sorry you have the virus. I hope you are on the mend soon

Back