Crazy Neighbors

My neighbor went from name calling and telling me she hates me to saying good morning. I think she's the one that's batty. I try to avoid my neighbors because I have no use for personal relationships with strangers anymore.

iu

Remember the TV Show ..... Dukes of Hazzard?

Wouldn't it be easier to have a nice chat with any new neighbors before they went to the expense of what you are posting about? The "old" neighbors are aware of what is happening but for some reason like you don't want to warn new people moving in. The warning doesn't have to be slanderous just explain what has happened in the past & let them d
Not everyone has time to keep up with the real estate transactions on every house in the neighborhood or know immediately who is a new resident. Plus there are many new residents who would not want to be warned because, like many on this forum, they see absolutely nothing wrong with what the guy is doing.

Where I live we have the Daughters of Discord. Two old maids living with their mother. They report to me about neighbors who murdered their kids, some new guy who's going to murder them, and them wanting to murder their long-time next door neighbors. They have run out of people in town who will listen, so they call me every couple weeks. These girls are the definition of crazy. They spend their lives watching what everyone else is doing. The county already knows who they are and I'm pretty sure they're harmless, but I've made my boundaries clear anyway.
Daughters of Discord? Wow, what a perfect idea for a SNL sketch, starring Lily Tomlin and Jean Smart! Not sure who should pay the mother. Maggie Smith, maybe?

Old maids? It's been a long time since I heard that expression, other than the card game.

Plus there are many new residents who would not want to be warned because, like many on this forum, they see absolutely nothing wrong with what the guy is doing.
Yes, I agree with them about being warned. If he was molesting children in the neighborhood, breaking into homes, stealing from garages, poisoning pets, then I would definitely want to warn new neighbors if the cops hadn't already dealt with him. But if someone starting warning me about someone who appeared to have mental or emotional challenges and wasn't doing anything dangerous or harmful, I would not like that. I would just think of that person as the neighborhood gossip, and would likely avoid them instead of him.

What he does with calling 811 is annoying for sure if you're his neighbor, but it's not criminal and he seems to be challenged. I assume he's able to live alone in his home and handle other obligations? If so, I'd just consider how he is and not let it bother me too much.

At one point he cursed a neighbor lady out and called her foul names because on her daily walk with her toddler it stepped into his yard. A man next door intervened and told the old boy to quit calling the lady vulgar names.
I imagine there are two sides to that story. The woman obviously didn't just say 'sorry' to him, that likely would not have escalated into name calling. It could be a lesson learned, keep your kid off of neighbor's lawns unless you're friendly with them.

I know the difference and I didn't think it was either one. You were the one making charges of mental illness and autism based on nothing more than being overweight and calling 811. I think there's entirely too many armchair psychiatrists making diagnoses without a degree.
And possibly too many with a degree making diagnoses 😂 based on assumptions instead of facts

If I lived there I would have a security camera. You can see his loony behavior in the day time but what about at night? Also, I would have a discussion with the police department and just explain the situation even if no crime was committed. You would lay the groundwork if ever there was.

Not everyone has time to keep up with the real estate transactions on every house in the neighborhood or know immediately who is a new resident. Plus there are many new residents who would not want to be warned because, like many on this forum, they see absolutely nothing wrong with what the guy is doing.
Must be a huge neighborhood with people moving in & out so often noticing "new" is not possible.

The street where I live has 20 homes on each side yet "new" are easy to spot as they move in. But were lucky we don't have a neighborhood strange person. We do have over weight & a couple of obese which is probably the norm now.

How is it possible to equate the reaction of a few posters to what a new neighbor would or wouldn't want to know about a resident that causes unexpected expense?

After reading this thread I feel even more fortunate to live here. I have wonderful neighbours, yes there are gossips but I mostly keep to myself though. It cannot be easy having disruptive neighbours and I am sure it must take a toll on ones health..

Until 2 yrs ago I lived in the city and now we live in the Suburbs. So far I haven't met any of my neighbors. I learned a lot about neighbors when I lived in the City. I did a lot for my neighbors and after one neighbor got annoyed with me because I couldn't go to a wedding of one of the neighbor's daughters because I had to go to my cousins wedding. The neighbor that got annoyed with me started spreading lies about me because she wanted me and my husband to drive her to the wedding. The other neighbors believed the lies even though I had done a lot for them.
At my age now I don't need the drama. My husband talks to all the new neighbors and he said they all are nice,but I don't want to be used again.

Luckily, here in New Jersey, we are legally allowed to shoot and kill up to three annoying people per year. The law has been working out very well.

You can shoot and kill up to 5 lawyers, without them being included in the 3 person limit, allowing New Jersey residents the welcome freedom to murder 3 annoying people and 5 annoying lawyers per year, every year.

That sounds more like dementia than Autism. Big difference.
My mom was like that in her later years - calling police, accusing everyone of stealing from her, etc. She was also a nut in her younger years.
Woe, your mom wasn't too well liked by you. Not that it is any 9f my business. I just never heard anyone admit that of their mother.
I can guess she sure did not have it easy as some privileged mothers do. I know you are the one who came after me in the thread of not being too generous with compliments on same subject line of bad people my bad mouthing men since I am a woman not a old girl hopefully.

Sorry to read your distress yet, I can't blame you for voicing your true feelings. Venting is a better word.
I am sorry F or your pain. I hope you don't hold it against me for saying this....

Back