Dating After 50

Had a friend that wanted sex in his late 70's and would chase his girlfriend around his house he said but he couldn't have sex because of his diabetes condition. Been to doctor's it didn't help.
Maybe not in the traditional sense but where there's a will, there's a way. But if his girlfriend isn't willing ("he chases her") then that is probably a bigger hindrance than his diabetes. Solo sex is better than no sex at all but like much of life, it's an experience that's better when it's a shared one.

Some women are too picky. They end up spending their time telling others that most men their age have too many issues, problems, prefer younger gals, etc.

The non picky ones are enjoying a good man's company, enjoying new experiences with him, all the while saying 'Vive la difference".

Younger men are definetly safer than younger women.

A guy I know in his 60's is the father of two young twins thanks to his interest in a younger woman. Alas, his bragging rights are long gone, unless he wants to brag about his diaper changing skills.
A younger man will never get pregnant on you. That's one advantage the ladies have.

Some women are too picky. They end up spending their time telling others that most men their age have too many issues, problems, prefer younger gals, etc.

The non picky ones are enjoying a good man's company, enjoying new experiences with him, all the while saying 'Vive la difference".
That's an interesting view. In my late 50's I would have liked to meet a woman about my own age because I wanted to be with someone who would understand life on the same level as I. Then I met my wife waiting at the same tram-stop and I was eager to meet someone from her wonderful country. I was interested in having a friend who could give me insight into the country and the people there. I had already decided to return to Slovakia every summer until I found some other fascinating country to capture my interest. Anyway, she was (is) 22 years younger than me so my intentions were honourabe. It was the following year (with many e-mails in the meantime) when she made her feelings clear. She is so damned charming that I fell like a ton of bricks! Also, my previous divorce left me separated from my two sons, and the thought of having another child was alluring. So, my prejudices against "younger women" melted away. True, I make excuses for the age difference in mentality but the fact that we come from completely different cultural backgrounds is no less challenging. I'm not sure which one of us has had to make the greatest sacrifices in compromise but my life with her and our son is (for me) well worth it!

By issues I mean lying, severe anger, etc.

That's an interesting view. In my late 50's I would have liked to meet a woman about my own age because I wanted to be with someone who would understand life on the same level as I. Then I met my wife waiting at the same tram-stop and I was eager to meet someone from her wonderful country. I was interested in having a friend who could give me insight into the country and the people there. I had already decided to return to Slovakia every summer until I found some other fascinating country to capture my interest. Anyway, she was (is) 22 years younger than me so my intentions were honourabe. It was the following year (with many e-mails in the meantime) when she made her feelings clear. She is so damned charming that I fell like a ton of bricks! Also, my previous divorce left me separated from my two sons, and the thought of having another child was alluring. So, my prejudices against "younger women" melted away. True, I make excuses for the age difference in mentality but the fact that we come from completely different cultural backgrounds is no less challenging. I'm not sure which one of us has had to make the greatest sacrifices in compromise but my life with her and our son is (for me) well worth it!
It's amazing what life tosses our way at times. I understand your situation, not on a personal level but on a cultural one. On my first trip to Italy (my ancestors home country) years ago I was a big amazed at the number of village women from about 20 to 35 who were married to men anywhere from 15 to 30 years older than them. Apparently, it is (or was) not uncommon for a young woman to marry an older man of means in order to insure that her children would always be well off. Today, I am not so certain that is so true in modern Italy.

But, I have a neighbor who returned from SE Asia with a wife 30 years younger than he is. Same thing. She was destined to scratching out a living in her home country, but married to him she now lives in a very nice part of America, has a good paying job, and they have a young child they both love. Who am I to question that?

It's amazing what life tosses our way at times. I understand your situation, not on a personal level but on a cultural one. On my first trip to Italy (my ancestors home country) years ago I was a big amazed at the number of village women from about 20 to 35 who were married to men anywhere from 15 to 30 years older than them. Apparently, it is (or was) not uncommon for a young woman to marry an older man of means in order to insure that her children would always be well off. Today, I am not so certain that is so true in modern Italy.

But, I have a neighbor who returned from SE Asia with a wife 30 years younger than he is. Same thing. She was destined to scratching out a living in her home country, but married to him she now lives in a very nice part of America, has a good paying job, and they have a young child they both love. Who am I to question that?
Everything depends upon what you need, what she needs, and if you can both either maintain those needs or develop them in tandem. But that’s the same formulae for any couple regardless of age or ethnicity. Anyway, people meet at one point in theirs lives and what the both of them want will definitely change with time so there is no "magic”. I enjoy life by analysing everything in it. My wife doesn’t give a crap about the “hows” and “whys” of life as long as she has a certain amount of control in our family and that whatever we want/need as a family is within reach. So, intellectually (a very poor choice of words) we are opposites but we provide for one another in a way that makes sense.

I was chatting with a man at a dating site and I guess I took too long, in his opinion, to try to get to know him. He quit chatting with me. I find many of the guys who contact me want to go off the site right away. The site warns not to do go off the site with the person too quickly.

So, now I am chatting with 3 other guys there trying to get to know them and decide if I want to meet any of them.

I want to meet someone but am not desperate and do okay on my own, too.

Is anyone else dating or trying to date at this age?
I dated men locally. I tried the online stuff, didn't like it so went back to the local people. Met a man in my neighborhood, in 6 months we were engaged to be married. We have been married for a little over a year now and are so happy.

I have just got around to reading this entire thread and all the comments contained therein. At my age of 88 tender years, I am lucky I can even say date much less consider undertaking going on one. However, let me say this, when I look at some young fellas today with my experienced eye, they look quite delectable to me compared to how I looked at them when I was the same age as they. Funny how back in the day, an older or rather, more mature man was appealing to me and today and good looking young dude is a delight to behold. Something about us wanting to deny our end is coming I guess or whatever. But older men, in my age bracket don't even get a passing glance from me. At any rate, I've had a great time and my hubby was one handsome dude as is our son for which I am grateful. I'll raise a glass in a toast to you all who are still seeking love with Mr. or Ms. Right and God bless you all. But like a couple of others here I and my companionable doggie are happy as clams.
Kudos!! I'm a few weeks shy of 73 and I can definitely appreciate a good looking young guy! :p Whenever I say anything, like, "he can eat crackers in my bed anytime" my daughter just gasps and says "Mom!" Guess she thinks I'm over the hill or something. :rolleyes:

Back