Derek Chauvin's sentencing is tomorrow. What will it be?

You have no way of knowing what was going through her with the brief period she spoke. You just jump ugly like others here.
Sorry, I don't take kindly to murderers and those who try to defend them with lies, whether their wearing a uniform or a dress. That is the ugly part here, unfortunately you're blind to it. Don't worry, you're not alone.

To me, his "sentence" is too lenient. He deliberately murdered a man with the whole world watching...even his mother, but he'll live and be fed and taken care of for the rest of his life by our tax dollars. Just like Charles Manson. Being locked up for the rest of your life isn't a punishment...especially when you take someone else's life. He got off easy like so many other murderers. Even Scott Peterson is probably going to get a new trial and be acquitted for killing his wife and children. Our "justice" system is a joke. I think other countries that use to find someone guilty of a major crime and took them out and shot them or hung them or beheaded them had the right idea. Get rid of them.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack from my comment but so be it. There's too many scum balls laying around in jails that should have been put down a long time ago.

To me, his "sentence" is too lenient. He deliberately murdered a man with the whole world watching...even his mother, but he'll live and be fed and taken care of for the rest of his life by our tax dollars. Just like Charles Manson. Being locked up for the rest of your life isn't a punishment...especially when you take someone else's life. He got off easy like so many other murderers. Even Scott Peterson is probably going to get a new trial and be acquitted for killing his wife and children. Our "justice" system is a joke. I think other countries that use to find someone guilty of a major crime and took them out and shot them or hung them or beheaded them had the right idea. Get rid of them.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack from my comment but so be it. There's too many scum balls laying around in jails that should have been put down a long time ago.
I'm from your school, too, Colleen.

This namby-pamby day and age that we live in today doesn't wash with me either.

"I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack from my comment but so be it. There's too many scum balls laying around in jails that should have been put down a long time ago."

Exactly .......... Like George Floyd , that officer Chauvin did put down.

So you'd rather have the criminals walking the street, than the police officers guarding them ?
Did you read, Colleen's entry?

She mentioned putting criminals like Chauvin, down (not warehousing them at taxpayers expense).

I'm all for the death penalty, always have been. You murder someone, your life ends as well.

Did you read, Colleen's entry?

She mentioned putting criminals like Chauvin, down (not warehousing them at taxpayers expense).

I'm all for the death penalty, always have been. You murder someone, your life ends as well.

And I'm talking about putting criminals like Floyd down. Chauvin did society a favor.

Lions are not permitted in prisons. :)
What about all the civilians that just stood there watching and video taping the incident the entire time but doing nothing to interfere?
Not much of a thinker, are ya?
What do you think these thug cops (who had no problem committing murder in broad daylight while being taped) would do to someone who interfered?
Interfering would give these dirtbags an excuse to commit a second murder.

In fact they tried by repeatedly telling the murderous cop that he was killing Floyd. The other three cops (who will be going to trial next March) warned civilians to stay away. They even threatened the woman EMS employee that she would be arrested if she tried to stop them from their crime. The civilians deserve awards for trying to save an innocent life. The three other cops deserve a lifetime imprisonment and Chauvin deserves the scaffold.
So you are saying they stood there from a distance making sure they did not get involved in what they saw as a murder. Real brave, fine citizens.

Yes he did, it was no accident. Believe what you want.
Agree completely. To me, that was the most disturbing thing. He hunted down and killed Floyd like a proud trophy killer while in a police uniform. Totally twisted.
No. He would have intervened to help Chauvin murder Floyd.
Agree completely. No doubt whatsoever but there are a number of people who would be helping if they could.
It’s disturbing.

And I'm talking about putting criminals like Floyd down. Chauvin did society a favor.
And, Chauvin is now paying for his actions, found guilty of them by a jury and is now viewed as the criminal.

Is he going to be mentally stable enough to spend the next 15 years, most likely isolated for 23 hours per day so he doesn't get murdered behind bars or is he going to flip out and pull an Epstein? Time will tell.

There is an event and then there is perception of the event. Where the lynch mob comes up with these perceptions is fascinating and bears further examination by a psychologist. Not being one, I have to read up on it.

I never said that cops never kill white people. In this particular situation, however, I believe that if it had been a white man who handed that bill to the cashier -- it has not been proven, BTW, that Mr. Floyd knew the bill was counterfeit -- the cops would probably never been called, the bill would have been handed back too Mr. Floyd, and Mr. Floyd would probably be alive today.
Just want to point out: Businesses are required by law to keep all counterfeit bills and report them to police. The police are required to report them to an FBI fraud unit, but the business still has to hold onto the bill. The FBI is supposed to come and collect it, but sometimes they don't. I think they only do that when they suspect the bill came from a counterfeiting operation that's already on their radar. And sometimes an FBI agent will come and collect the bill a few months after it's reported. But businesses aren't required to hold onto counterfeit bills forever, they can dispose of them after what they consider a reasonable response time.

So you are saying they stood there from a distance making sure they did not get involved in what they saw as a murder. Real brave, fine citizens.

That is the sad reality when the government is armed but the people are not. This is why we have a Second Amendment - to protect ourselves from government abuses. The one positive thing about this case is the fact that the Black Panthers are now recruiting people all over the country who will exercise those rights and carry loaded rifles on the streets. Hopefully next time if such a crisis arises, armed mobs will stop the police criminals so that all of us can be safer.

Just want to point out: Businesses are required by law to keep all counterfeit bills and report them to police. The police are required to report them to an FBI fraud unit, but the business still has to hold onto the bill. The FBI is supposed to come and collect it, but sometimes they don't. I think they only do that when they suspect the bill came from a counterfeiting operation that's already on their radar. And sometimes an FBI agent will come and collect the bill a few months after it's reported. But businesses aren't required to hold onto counterfeit bills forever, they can dispose of them after what they consider a reasonable response time.

Counterfeiting is within the administration of the Treasury Department, not FBI which is a part of DOJ:

If You Suspect A Counterfeit (treasury.gov)

I have never read of any law that requires businesses to keep all counterfeit monies. Perhaps some state laws may require it. In fact many years ago a cashier told me a bill I used was not authentic. She handed it back to me rather than keep it. When I showed it to her manager, the bill was OK'd by him. Strangely enough, my job at that time was as a Treasury Agent. I presented my Federal ID to him and we both had a good laugh. Just for the record, the cashier did not. ;)

I used to work for a big bank where my job was to fill the ATM machines after counting the money (about 300,000 per day) with those automatic counters that fly the money through. I once spotted a counterfeit as it flew by.

This is why I didn't doubt that Floyd's bill was a fake if both the cashier and the manager thought it was. They're usually pretty obvious. Floyd was with his friend, earlier in the day, when the friend tried to pass a bill that was rejected. Later on, we see Floyd standing in Cup Foods and that same friend hands him something that looks like a bill. Floyd spends it on cigarettes and gets the change. I've always suspect it was the same bill and they were trying it a second time with a different younger, cashier. What are the odds that Floyd would not have looked carefully at his own money after his friend happened to have a fake? I think they knew it was fake but it was the only money they had left and they really wanted some cigarettes.

Back