Derek Chauvin's sentencing is tomorrow. What will it be?

So you are saying they stood there from a distance making sure they did not get involved in what they saw as a murder. Real brave, fine citizens.
Exactly. Nobody with any common sense gets involved and interrupts a cop when he's roughing up a suspected criminal and possibly in the process of arresting him. The bystanders did just what they should have, recorded the murder and kept their distance.

Agree completely. To me, that was the most disturbing thing. He hunted down and killed Floyd like a proud trophy killer while in a police uniform. Totally twisted.
Yes, and just to remind those here who don't remember my past posts about the police. I am not anti-cop. There are many good officers in the United States who do what they are paid to do, protect and serve the public.

Those officers who proudly serve, don't abuse their power and their badge, and treat people of all colors fairly are also against those rogue cops who have anger, manhood or racism issues, because it casts a gray cloud over the entire police force. I do have zero tolerance for killer cops, who murder or maim our brothers and sisters of color and lie to cover for their fellow cops who are breaking the law and violating citizen's rights.

Have you ever considered therapy??? Your mind is twisted. WOW!

So now, as opposed to countering with an opposing point on the subject, we are going down the road of insults ?

Let me ask you the same question, have you considered therapy ??

Well, I can do this all day , and get just as nasty as you choose to take it ............

Take your head out of your ass & look around !

Not much of a thinker, are ya?
What do you think these thug cops (who had no problem committing murder in broad daylight while being taped) would do to someone who interfered?
Interfering would give these dirtbags an excuse to commit a second murder.
You are right, agree.

Yes, and just to remind those here who don't remember my past posts about the police. I am not anti-cop. There are many good officers in the United States who do what they are paid to do, protect and serve the public.

Those officers who proudly serve, don't abuse their power and their badge, and treat people of all colors fairly are also against those rogue cops who have anger, manhood or racism issues, because it casts a gray cloud over the entire police force. I do have zero tolerance for killer cops, who murder or maim our brothers and sisters of color and lie to cover for their fellow cops who are breaking the law and violating citizen's rights.
I agree with you SeaBreeze. What Chavun did is giving Police officers in a bad light. Police officers put their lives on the line to protect us. I have a great deal of respect for what Police officers do for all of us.

To me, his "sentence" is too lenient. He deliberately murdered a man with the whole world watching...even his mother, but he'll live and be fed and taken care of for the rest of his life by our tax dollars. Just like Charles Manson. Being locked up for the rest of your life isn't a punishment...especially when you take someone else's life. He got off easy like so many other murderers. Even Scott Peterson is probably going to get a new trial and be acquitted for killing his wife and children. Our "justice" system is a joke. I think other countries that use to find someone guilty of a major crime and took them out and shot them or hung them or beheaded them had the right idea. Get rid of them.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack from my comment but so be it. There's too many scum balls laying around in jails that should have been put down a long time ago.
I agree, his sentence was too light for me, would have rather he got at least thirty years, but I assume the judge was fair in his decision. I understand he has some other felony charges that may bring him more time, I haven't been following that, but I hope they do. I don't want to see him hung or beheaded, but I would like him to serve his time for murder like everyone else, in the general population, not protected in a secure room by himself.

To me, his "sentence" is too lenient. He deliberately murdered a man with the whole world watching...even his mother, but he'll live and be fed and taken care of for the rest of his life by our tax dollars. Just like Charles Manson. Being locked up for the rest of your life isn't a punishment...especially when you take someone else's life. He got off easy like so many other murderers. Even Scott Peterson is probably going to get a new trial and be acquitted for killing his wife and children. Our "justice" system is a joke. I think other countries that use to find someone guilty of a major crime and took them out and shot them or hung them or beheaded them had the right idea. Get rid of them.

I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack from my comment but so be it. There's too many scum balls laying around in jails that should have been put down a long time ago.
His sentence is certainly too lenient. Unless he's also convicted in Federal court & has a "Life without parole" sentence, there is no justice. Besides, in my view, the murder was deliberate; they didn't want to risk overcharging him & him getting off. He should be executed.
And his POS "Mother" (who probably made him what he is) should have her jaw wired shut permanently.

According to CNN, in 2006, Chauvin and five other officers shot and killed a man who had stabbed his girlfriend and a friend. Two years later, he was reportedly involved in an altercation with an individual suspected of a domestic dispute. Chauvin shot the man twice, though the man survived.
Ironically in other threads where some scumbag did things like this, many have been vocal that the police should have just disposed of them.

We can’t have it both ways.

Chauvin is a scumbag too. At least he went through the judicial system this time.

It would be interesting to follow Derek Chauvin through the prison system like a reality show and witness how he's treated by other murderers and hardened criminals—many of whom have an intense dislike for law enforcement. He's not all that big, but he's going to have to deal with 250lb Black men who most assuredly don't appreciate that he killed one of their "brothers."

Last edited:
It would be interesting to follow Derek Chauvin through the prison system like a reality show and witness how he's treated by other murderers and hardened criminals—many of whom have an intense dislike for law enforcement. He's not all that big, but he's going to have to deal with 250lb Black men who don't appreciate that he killed one of their "brothers."
I'm already bracing myself for the namby-pamby treatment he'll enjoy, away from fellow inmates, and coddled to like a spoiled rotten little child.

It would be interesting to follow Derek Chauvin through the prison system like a reality show and witness how he's treated by other murderers and hardened criminals—many of whom have an intense dislike for law enforcement. He's not all that big, but he's going to have to deal with 250lb Black men who most assuredly don't appreciate that he killed one of their "brothers."
That’s exactly what I’ve been thinking.
If he was given the death penalty, he would have gotten off so easy. A jail sentence is much tougher to deal with. Each and everyday they get treated like a criminal with no privacy or privileges as well as hardened criminals who have nothing better to do than **** with them , literally. And all the cop haters in jail will love a piece of him. His life is going to change drastically.

I'm already bracing myself for the namby-pamby treatment he'll enjoy, away from fellow inmates, and coddled to like a spoiled rotten little child.

Bingo. People forget that prison guards are cops and they always protect their own. No doubt they will kiss up to him and act like he's a hero. If anything that SOB is going to enjoy the paid vacation he will be having in some country club prison.

They'll protect the killer cop and isolate him from the other murderers, unfortunately. Everyone should have that option.

No, he won't. He'll be better protected than we are.

Maybe he will end up like Ohio's Jeffrey Dahmer, on the wrong end of a shiv.

Nah, Dahmer only raped, tortured and murdered 17 men, Chauvin is much worse in most people's eyes.

I hope the media can give it a rest now.

Last year over 600,000 Americans died of Covid. Their "I can't breathe" period lasted for weeks, not minutes, and yet all the national sympathy went to George Floyd.

People forget that prison guards are cops and they always protect their own
Really? I watched the trial and saw a whole lot of cops throw Chauvin under the bus.

Chauvin's mother, his one and only character witness, is being raked over the coals for not expressing condolences to Floyd's family. Haven't they had enough condolences? After over a year of marches, memorial services, shrines, pilgrimages, and millions of dollars in restitution and Go Fund Me accounts, people are mad that Chauvin's mother didn't express condolences to his family. That wasn't what she was in court for. She, like most mothers, has unconditional love for her son and she's being hated for it.

Those who think 22 years in prison is like a "country club" are forgetting the main point about prison. Losing one's freedom is the biggest part of the punishment. Of course, some prisons are worse than others, but I doubt that many of them are like country clubs. And even if they were, would you want to be locked up in a country club which you were never allowed to leave, with guards ordering you around and telling you when to eat (and what), when to sleep, when it's "exercise time" and so on? For years and years? No career, no normal family time, just living with disgrace for the rest of your life? And probably ruining the lives of your own loved ones as well?

Not that this is in any way supporting Chauvin, of course. I also would have liked to see him get a longer sentence.

One thing that might be interesting would be to have Chauvin interviewed after all the dust settles, and see what he has to say about what he did. Would he still try to defend his actions, saying that somehow kneeling all that time on a man's neck was necessary for some reason? Or would he admit to racism, being prompted by his own inner demons and anger issues, etc.?

Or would he admit to racism, being prompted by his own inner demons and anger issues, etc.?
I wonder why people keep insisting racism was a part. There were over a dozen prosecuting attorneys on this case who had over a year to find evidence of any racism on Chauvin's part and they couldn't find a word spoken or action taken that differed from how he treated people of other races. He was married to an Asian woman and, in fact, one of the state's witnesses, the well dressed older man, said he had often chatted with Chauvin in a friendly manner. The prosecution would have loved to tack on hate crime time, but they couldn't find a way to do it.

I always thought it was Chauvin's arrogance that kept him on George Floyd's neck so long. He had used the knee hold on other people (even white people) in the past for longer than nine minutes and they hadn't died, so I think he thought he knew more than all the bystanders who were yelling at him and he was stubbornly determined to prove them wrong. I'll always believe that if he hadn't had that audience he would have stopped before it was too late. I'll never believe he intended to kill Chauvin because he had to know that any death means, at the very least, an investigation and suspension while it goes on. He certainly didn't want to risk losing his job.

Back