Did You Accomplish Anything Today?

Haven't made an appointment yet, tried to get through the other day and the phones were engaged all day, so I'm trying to deal with it myself
@hollydolly I deleted what I originally wrote. I have a major flaw in my personality. When I care about someone, and am worried about them, I give unwanted advice. I am trying to stop doing this. It really annoys my daughter. She also has back problems. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Take care of yourself hollydolly.

Last edited:
I finally accomplished today going to get a right upper quadrant ultrasound of the gall bladder, liver and all that is over there. I also managed to work my anxiety up into a frenzy because one of the medical appointment maker/taker at the clinic was lax with her mask. She had her nose sticking out and I told her about it. The woman got upset at that and went to get her face shield and was tossing it around as she was trying to pick it up and then had a very stern voice at me when she asked my identification things. After I sat down she took off her mask as she was on the phone and talking very loudly. Maybe I am overreacting because I've read so much on how covid can spread through loud talkers and poor indoor ventilation systems and worse with those with no masks or partial masks worn.

Also I heard the same woman complaining of a headache when the other receptionist came back. The other receptionist told her to take something for it and that headache is a sign of covid!

Then when I saw the ultra sound technician she was talking very loudly over me the whole time of the scan. I imagined covid droplets coming from her mask and into mine! So that's how I accomplished working my anxiety into a frenzy and now I need a damn beer.:(

I cannot accomplish anything today. Knew it the minute I struggled to get out of bed. Even the dog slept in 😂. I can barely walk and I must use my cane outside day, hobbling around to get some steps in. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Oh, look, STARZ is free till August 31. I don’t have STARZ. Hmm, I haven’t seen that movie. Couch potato day. YAY.

I finally accomplished today going to get a right upper quadrant ultrasound of the gall bladder, liver and all that is over there. I also managed to work my anxiety up into a frenzy because one of the medical appointment maker/taker at the clinic was lax with her mask. She had her nose sticking out and I told her about it. The woman got upset at that and went to get her face shield and was tossing it around as she was trying to pick it up and then had a very stern voice at me when she asked my identification things. After I sat down she took off her mask as she was on the phone and talking very loudly. Maybe I am overreacting because I've read so much on how covid can spread through loud talkers and poor indoor ventilation systems and worse with those with no masks or partial masks worn.

Also I heard the same woman complaining of a headache when the other receptionist came back. The other receptionist told her to take something for it and that headache is a sign of covid!

Then when I saw the ultra sound technician she was talking very loudly over me the whole time of the scan. I imagined covid droplets coming from her mask and into mine! So that's how I accomplished working my anxiety into a frenzy and now I need a damn beer.:(
I‘ve been there, it’s like they should know better. Only with me it’s a candy bar that I need after stress. Hope you feel more secure soon.

And I will add that I've needed to get this ultrasound for 2 years now and finally did but...the ultrasound technician had been somewhat late and forwarded a message to me that she is getting finished with someone from the ER. So, I imagined, to that it was a covid patient...but really it didn't have to be..my nerves have got the best of me right now.

I cannot accomplish anything today. Knew it the minute I struggled to get out of bed. Even the dog slept in 😂. I can barely walk and I must use my cane outside day, hobbling around to get some steps in. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Oh, look, STARZ is free till August 31. I don’t have STARZ. Hmm, I haven’t seen that movie. Couch potato day. YAY.
I hope your day gets better Aneeda! 🌹 🌼

And I will add that I've needed to get this ultrasound for 2 years now and finally did but...the ultrasound technician had been somewhat late and forwarded a message to me that she is getting finished with someone from the ER. So, I imagined, to that it was a covid patient...but really it didn't have to be..my nerves have got the best of me right now.
It probably wasn’t a Covid patient. I think they would mostly get X-rays and such for the breathing issues.

I finally cleaned the filters etc of my Dyson 'hoover'. Had it for 8 years and think I only cleaned the filters twice. Just hope I can put it back together again :eek: ☺ not a great job but it still gives me a sense of achievement knowing it's clean for it's next use.

Attachments

• cleaning 1.jpg
    cleaning 1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
  • cleaning2.jpg
    cleaning2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 0
I got up to make my morning prayer before sunrise like I do most mornings which involves ritual washing. I sorted laundry then went down to the community laundry room at 5:15 a.m. to wash a double load of clothes. I disinfected all surfaces that and I and my clothing would touch. Then I played Words With Friends while waiting. I have an electric dryer in my apartment so I dried and put most of the laundry away early in the day. I took a full bath after I came back upstairs. I put items away that I got from my Dollar Tree yesterday; which involved making room, rearranging, etc. I refilled laundry supplies (from bulk to "regular" containers), refilled my disinfectant spray bottles (with homemade disinfectant) and labeled the bottles and the boxes I put items in. I took a nap, cooked dinner and watched a bit of T.V.

Sounds like a busy day for you @OneEyedDiva :giggle:

Today I did very little.. can't push my back too much, it's been playing up today quite severely , so just made dinner and washed up this evening .. took delivery during the day of several items that I ordered online ( groceries and dry goods because I can't drive at the moment) ..doorbell barely stopped ringing for about 3 hours with all the different suppliers deliveries .. :D.... got all that stuff put away, and cardboard flattened and in the recycling bin.. it's been raining all day with high winds, so I didn't even go into the garden

Last edited:

Walking much better this morning YAY.

Not yet but we're in for a busy day at the grill. They're having Rueben sandwiches.
I’m depressed, let’s see, I’ll have a rueben sandwich, coleslaw, potato salad, marshmallow chocolate malt, and, hmm, double milky way fudge candy bar. My A1C is already through the roof so I might as well get my whole hog on. 😂

Well, I accomplished getting my ultrasound results today; gallbladder is okay, pancreas is okay, liver...well..uh..leaves something to be desired;)

Didn't do much but empty the dishwasher and filled it again, entertained Jasmine--trying to keep her happy--and she seems to be. Took doggie out.

I’m depressed, let’s see, I’ll have a rueben sandwich, coleslaw, potato salad, marshmallow chocolate malt, and, hmm, double milky way fudge candy bar. My A1C is already through the roof so I might as well get my whole hog on. 😂
I know what you mean about eating what's not best--I did it today, too.

I had another "pyromaniac" day today. I had a pile of tree limbs at the edge of the yard, and a big old stump nearby. So, I put a burn barrel on the stump and burned up all the branches. The stump will probably smolder for the next day or two, and then, at some point, I can dig it up with my tractor. This is a good time of year to do this kind of stuff, as everything is nice and green...no danger of starting a forest fire.
Now, a few minutes to cool down, then take a good shower, eat Supper, then probably fall asleep in the recliner with the TV on.
They don't allow outdoor burning in our city anymore and anyone out in the country has to get a permit.
If you try burning anything, the fire department shows up immediately. They have nothing else to do but answer calls from neighbors.

I finally accomplished getting rid of a fruit fly invasion. Doesn't sound like much but they are annoying.
I traced it to the beer cans I was saving to bring back for recycling. That's where they breed.
I was able to trap them by putting malt vinegar in a prescription bottle and then use my vacuum when they congregated. Only one or two hanging around now.

Back