Did You See the Alec Baldwin Interview on ABC Tonight?

I don't care much for Alec, ugh, therefore I wouldn't watch any interviews even if I was forced to. My opinion, he should have never been given a gun that can shoot real bullets the man is a dolt.

I think this is a terrible tragedy ........that should of never had happened.....
He’s a terrible mess now........and will harm him mentally for life also his families as well....

My daughter explained to me that Alec Baldwin was rehearsing a scene that involved pointing a revolver “towards the camera lens” when the gun shot the cinematographer. They wanted a frontal view of the gun.

I haven't been following the story so now I see. Although it doesn't explain why the gun went off of course.

But squatting dog's video is very convincing that gun's don't go off by themselves.

A normal person would not trust anyone but themselves to make sure that gun was not loaded before pointing it at someone. And not many would even trust themselves. I sure wouldn't.

Last edited:
My daughter explained to me that Alec Baldwin was rehearsing a scene that involved pointing a revolver “towards the camera lens” when the gun shot the cinematographer. They wanted a frontal view of the gun.

I haven't been following the story so now I see. Although it doesn't explain why the gun went off of course.

But squatting dog's video is very convincing that gun's don't go off by themselves.

A normal person would not trust anyone but themselves to make sure that gun was not loaded before pointing it at someone. And not many would even trust themselves. I sure wouldn't.
A celebrity who is a "Gun Person" (like Clint Eastwood, Chuck Connors, Ted Nugent) who collects & shoots as a hobby would automatically & habitually check a gun. A non-gun person who only handles guns in movies would likely rely on the experts on scene to check guns. I don't know if Mr. Baldwin is a gun person.

Perfect demo about how that gun couldn't go off by itself.

Except for one possible scenario: The half cock notch is only designed to allow the cylinder to turn for loading. It is not meant for carrying, handling or storage. It is very fragile. If Mr. Baldwin's gun was handed to him with the hammer at half cock, any blow to the hammer can break that notch & (if there is a live round in the chamber,) the gun can fire - especially if the gun is old or not properly cared for & there is corrosion in the half cock notch.
Modern single-action (Western style) revolvers have safety devices to prevent this, but the older guns used in Western movies don't.

Unless the ammo was as old as the gun and even then it's a pretty safe bet it didn't go off by itself. Baldwin was careless. He's either in denial or this shows how much he actually pays attention to things like gun safety. He's might have been fooling with the gun with nervous energy waiting for the filming to start.

Except for one possible scenario: The half cock notch is only designed to allow the cylinder to turn for loading. It is not meant for carrying, handling or storage. It is very fragile. If Mr. Baldwin's gun was handed to him with the hammer at half cock, any blow to the hammer can break that notch & (if there is a live round in the chamber,) the gun can fire - especially if the gun is old or not properly cared for & there is corrosion in the half cock notch.
Modern single-action (Western style) revolvers have safety devices to prevent this, but the older guns used in Western movies don't.
Anything is possible I suppose. Apparently you tube has taken down the other video I watched where the man demonstrated that on any of the 4 clicks, the gun wouldn't fire even when he struck it several times with a block of wood.
I'm guessing he was clowning around on the set, acting like a fool and pointing a gun at someone. Every one of us backwards hillbillies know that when there is an accidental shooting, it's the "unloaded" guns that kill most often

It becomes weirder and weirder-obviously someone (or more) is lying.
I've always been leery of actors-it has already been mentioned: is he telling the truth or acting :(

I was at a gun shop years ago and the man waiting on me was maybe 60 +/- and he pulled a pistol out of the display case and instantly pointed it right at my chest. I yelled at him and he thought it was no big deal. I told the manager before I left.

I was at a gun shop years ago and the man waiting on me was maybe 60 +/- and he pulled a pistol out of the display case and instantly pointed it right at my chest. I yelled at him and he thought it was no big deal. I told the manager before I left.
I've got a much-better one than that.
I worked in a gun shop. A Ventura County Sheriff's Deputy in uniform walked in. He wanted some custom work done on another gun he brought in a fanny pack. He pulled it out & pointed it at my stomach while he told me what he wanted done.
When I moved out of the way of the muzzle, he chuckled.
I asked him if he was a real police officer. He laughed again.
Then it fired, destroying 8 display cases & spraying glass everywhere.
The shop owner's 15 year old son was standing alongside one of the display cases. The bullet missed him by a few inches.
Then, the MORON looks at me & says, "How'd that happen?"
I said, "Your finger was on the trigger, you idiot."

His supervisor arrived a few minutes later to take a report & interview everyone.
I received a copy of the report in the mail - complete with lies & BS.
It said the officer's gun fired due to a "Mechanical Malfunction."
And I was standing 40 feet away when it fired.

Last edited:
I don't believe every bit of gossip that's in the media about people. And I'd have to know him personally before I'd make any judgement about him. And I don't know him personally or the stories behind the gossip or his side of the stories so I will refrain from judging him. I go by the old adage: Judge not lest ye be judged.
Although I agree with your philosophy, there is video, pictures and many news accounts of Baldwin's temper problems. He has been to jail twice because of his temper. That is enough for me. However, I do love certain of his movies such as The Hunt for Red October and Nuremberg. I believe he is a very good actor although I tend to believe not such a good person.

Of course, I believe this is the end of Baldwin's career. But, Hollywood decided he would be a great MC for a human rights talk shortly after he took the life of Halyna.

According to recent reports, live ammo was found in the armorer's, Hannah's (22?) bag. The props manager Sarah (24), had previously shot herself on set in the foot with a blank round and self reported.

There had to be several reasons some of the crew walked off the job. Perhaps one was a rumor live ammo was on the set. There should not have been even one live round but several were found. And, there have been reports of target shooting earlier.

It has still not been reported who loaded the .45 that killed Halyna, to my knowledge. The gun was reportedly left unlocked during the lunch break and I suspect the gun was not inspected once they returned from lunch which is protocol anytime a weapon changes hands or is left, as this one was allegedly, unattended. Question: Was alcohol consumed by any or all during lunch? The fatal scene was reportedly shot just after lunch.

AD, Halls, was never supposed to be given the weapon to give to someone else. Clearly he did not check the weapon and neither did Baldwin. I really take exception to Baldwin's cavalier attitude toward guns. Surprising, as he is against the 2nd Amendment. He clearly was not trained properly. One never points a gun, loaded or unloaded at another person, period. Unless, they intend to harm them. Even if, Halyn had instructed Baldwin to point the gun in her direction, an armorer would have presumably stopped this and checked the gun before allowing Baldwin to handle the gun again. And, after Hannah had handed the gun back to Baldwin, he would have been expected to check once again before holding the gun.

Also, it is clear the armorer was not inside the church. Their excuse was there were only 8 people allowed at a time because of covid. It seems that the armorer was every bit as important as anyone else on the crew, maybe even more so as it turns out. Baldwin should have waited for her or broke the covid restriction, or swapped out someone in the church allowing Hannah to be present.

When a gun leaves the hands of another and goes to someone else, it is protocol to inspect the gun for live rounds by each person who handles it.

I am a gun owner, I have several. I had toy guns as a child. My father taught me early on how to handle a gun and never to point it at anyone even though it was a toy. I learned respect at an early age.

Also, concerning the Rust killing, Baldwin allegedly would have had to pull the trigger, accidental or not. The type of replica .45 he used has a transfer bar that protects the gun from "going off" when the gun is cocked unless the finger is on the trigger. Guns just don't "go off". If the hammer is pulled all the way back, the trigger must be pulled to shoot the weapon.

The finger on the trigger causes the transfer bar to move downward out of the way of the firing pin allowing the gun to be fired. When the transfer bar is engaged or in the up position, it blocks the hammer, which has the firing pin, from striking the round, thus, putting the hammer in a safe position. (In some guns, the firing pin moves sideways in front of the hammer.)

Unless the gun was modified to be fanned, the hammer strike would not have discharged the gun without pulling the trigger.
One should never have their finger on the trigger. The finger should rest on the trigger guard until one is ready to shoot. Sometimes the guns are modified to allow fanning.

I am sure Halyna and everyone believed the gun had no live rounds but nobody checked it. It is very easy to distinguish live rounds from blanks or dummy rounds and takes only a moment to check. Also, the barrel should be checked as well as the cylinder to see if there is a round lodged in it. Some actors, like George Clooney and John Schneider, will fire the gun into the ground as part of their safety check to make sure the barrel is clear.

By the way, I researched gun accidents reported during the periods of the 1920s through the 1940s when many many westerns were made. I only found a couple of airplane accidents and accidents to horses which led to legislation to protect them. Not a single gun accident. These films hired experienced, seasoned armorers.

Sorry, for the length of this post. I hope it helps ya'll with understanding certain issues. :)

I really take exception to Baldwin's cavalier attitude toward guns. Surprising, as he is against the 2nd Amendment.
Sorry, for the length of this post. I hope it helps ya'll with understanding certain issues. :)
Being for the control of guns, and I won't go into details of restrictions, DOES NOT MAKE ONE AGAINST The 2nd Amendment!

That's just paranoiac fear-mongering, as well as a misnomer.

Back