Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

I can't understand why they would require staff to work without masks. Hopefully staff will have the option to mask-up if they so desire.
I hope so too. They don't like it because then it "appears" that staff are ill. God forbid we should protect ourselves.

If they find us wearing masks in the cafeteria when we are trying to protect ourselves from others who are sick or we are not sick enough to warrant going home...our infection control lady will either make us take the mask off or go home.

You know what seems odd to me? I don't know when the whole Middle East Respiratory and SARS thing was but, I don't recall hearing or seeing anything about that. Nobody I worked with spoke of it. My opinionated father never said anything. Why is that?

If those were deadly too, were they not as deadly as the COVID19? If they were, why did I not know anything about them till this year with this new COVID?

I haven't done any exercise in several months. I just did two dance numbers off of Just Dance 4 on YouTube. I think I'm done for the day. LOL!

You know what seems odd to me? I don't know when the whole Middle East Respiratory and SARS thing was but, I don't recall hearing or seeing anything about that. Nobody I worked with spoke of it. My opinionated father never said anything. Why is that?

If those were deadly too, were they not as deadly as the COVID19? If they were, why did I not know anything about them till this year with this new COVID?
I think for SARS the medical workers wore protective covering, but I don't know about masks.

This evening it's getting ready to storm. I'm relaxing to this nice soft music. I am lonely & bored. I may just go to bed early. It's only 9:15 p.m. I'm too tired to read a book. Too sad these days to do much else. ~Sighs softly~

I find this fascinating.
I just took an IQ test which I do from time to time because it amuses me. Last time I took one the results were 106. Just now it's 110. Would've been higher but there was a couple of sequence questions that baffled me. I don't do any figuring on the side other than with a calculator on a couple of them. But for the most part I just look at the things and then place my best estimated guess. Why I find this interesting is beyond me. If anyone wants to amuse themselves...it's free.
arealme.com
~*~
I'm also entertaining myself by reading articles on Quora Digest about narcissists. I worked for one on several occasions and the last stint pretty much did me in. I ended up having to leave the job and cut off all ties from the man. As I read the articles I come across I find it easier to understand the how's and the why's of some of the things he did and said to me. I was a perfect playmate for his screwed up personality. I was the ball of yarn for his entertainment. It wasn't always that way, though.
~*~
Two times before I had worked for him at other establishments. We had actually become friends over 16 yrs despite this problem of his. At the time I was very unaware of narcissism and knew nothing about it. I started seeing things about it pop up on the internet and after further investigation and observation I figured out what was happening to me with this last job I worked at with him.
~*~
He messed me up pretty good and only in a matter of 5 mo. It had gotten so bad that it was destroying me emotionally. The last straw came the day he got upset over the way something was sitting in a cooler and he literally pulled it all off the shelf onto the floor. Then he spent the rest of the day harassing me. When I left that night, I knew I didn't wanna go back. I ended up washing the uniforms that night and the next morning I went to the main office where he would not be and turned in my things & told them I would not be back.
~*~
There are times in life when you have to say no. You have to do what you have to do to take charge and take care of yourself. Sometimes no matter how scared you are or how little you know of what lies ahead, you have to be strong and brave and face it head on. For me it was terrifying because I didn't know what would happen. Fortunately 6 days later (by the grace of God) I found the place I'm at now to work at. It's not perfect. No job is. But at least I can be at peace.

Well, it's back to my 40 hr work week starting (looks at the clock) later today. So, I'm gonna head to bed. Night everyone.

We are going back to our regular business hrs in the cafeteria starting today with no more flexing on our hrs. Some restrictions are still in place as to the how but the when is back to normal. Good for the paycheck not so sure it's good for us, though. We will surely have another wave. I was reading an article I think from the Washington Post as this thing hits the more rural communities there will be more clusters and if they're not managed properly we will be in trouble.
~*~
It's in the 50s right now and might be raining a little. Supposed to off and on through Thurs. now. Could see some flooding. It's forecast to be in the 70s for a high and the 50s for a low all week.
~*~
Not sure what our grill menu is today in the cafeteria. The email this morning said Mon. ~Arches brow~ Guess it will be a surprise then. Gonna wander around then I gotta head out.

I was all set to have a busy day and nuffin. There we were....twiddling thumbs. Everything stocked. Everything clean. Tomorrow we'll be busier because we have to prep Reubens for Thurs. special. That means I will likely be doing chips, too. ~Wrinkles nose~

Gotta prep for Reubens for Thursday today unless our lazy ass lead decides to do it. Since our new boss took over there seems to be a lot less work and a lot more cell phones and general farting around that goes on every day now. I'm a worker so I HATE seeing that. It ticks me off. The kid I work with stands there and just looks around. Drives me insane.
~*~
What bothers me more than anything is these people pawing all over these cell phones, the same ones they're texting on in the bathroom & the same one that probably has coronavirus all over it. ~Shudders~ And then they wonder why I don't want them handling my food. They paw the front of their masks and don't change their gloves. It's a disgusting display to witness.
~*~
I'm not a perfect person but, I go into work with the intent to get the job done. I don't go to entertain the patrons. To me it is more important to take care of the customers than it is to finish a discussion with your bestie while someone has to wait for you to finish flappin your pie hole.
~*~
Weather is still cloudy with chances of rain today. Gotta roll.

Back