Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

morning has broken along with my will to live since it's the weekend & i gotta work. lol!
woman-with-coffee_28041757.jpg
when i first wake up i automatically think..."oh God! another day i gotta survive." after some coffee it turns into "well chit!" and off i go. i am not a morning person & i pray i never will be one of those cheerful little morning bunnies. i don't like mornings or the joy that morning people seem to be so bubbly with. at this hr. it's all i can do to manage a smile.

yesterday i scraped the skin off a knuckle on the plastic wall portion that goes around the entire cafeteria. had a devil of a time getting it to quit bleeding. will be bandaging & putting neosporin on throughout the day. glad i have gloves to work with. it's right at the bend so i had to stick a cotton ball into a bandaid last night to get it to slow finally. i'd hated to have to have gone to the ER for stitches for this little 1/8 in. cut.

i've had worse though. one time a guy asked me if i wanted to make a little money carrying chickens. i did for one day. fell on some kinda bar in the chicken house and sliced my thumb good enough i should've had stitches. i'm a baby & wouldn't let the dr. touch it. i let him see it. but that was it. 😁 i managed to nurse it back to health on my own.

i still have a pebble in my knee somewhere from a bike riding spill i took in the alley one day when i was younger. mom got them all out but that one. surprisingly never had any trouble with it.

me & the baby brother would ride the tricycles 90 to nothing down the sidewalk & come screaming around the corner of the walk that led to the house that was lined with rose bushes at the time. we'd both careen into the bushes...go in & have mom pick thorns from us...go back out & do it some more with gusto each time.

today's mood has been brought to you by gusto & tears, the things children are made of. :LOL:

have a great weekend all!

I've always enjoyed Madonna's music although personally, I think she's a fruitcake. LOL! They claim she has Satanic symbolism in some of her music but, if you don't know it's there, does it affect you? I just listened to the music and enjoyed it for what it was. I used to have almost all of her songs memorized. I would sing along with them wherever I was at when I heard them. Music is so expressive because it paints a mental picture that you can feel.

Helping Others:

Sometimes in life you encounter people who for whatever reason need you to be there to save them from something bad. Yesterday, after talking to a co-worker about a new love interest, myself & another co-worker began to become concerned. As she went to tell us about this man, some of the finer details seemed a bit sketchy & then some. She showed us his photo & I noticed a wedding band. She asked him about it & he played it off like it wasn't a wedding band. Turns out this person is pretending to be John Wayne Troxell who is 56 and retired from the military. This other person was using his photo in fatigues & a false name & phone number he bought off the internet that works like one of those burner phones.

She's been texting him for a month & he's been telling her he's 49 & going to retire from the military & he's in a 5 room house he owns & that she would never have to work again. He told her she was beautiful & that God brought them together. This woman has a condition that causes bumps all over her body. And she's got some kind of mental disability. She's 59 yo but has the mind of a child. She's never had a man or been loved by one. So this fake relationship brought her great joy. She was head over heels already. She didn't understand why someone would do that to her.

Even after I gave her proof that it wasn't possible for this to be real, she kept saying "what if." There was no what if. I had to explain in great detail all the reasons that she could be a target for someone and explain to her that she could be in danger if she continued to communicate with this person. There are people out there in other countries posing as american soldiers to get into the country and whatever else. I was worried for her physical safety as well as her mental.

It was difficult to see the heartbreak in her eyes. But, I wanted to make sure that she was safe. She has a sister that's her guardian but, she doesn't really watch over her. She's so very vulnerable. I explained to her that it was because I cared about her safety. She went home & when the person texted her she told whoever it was that a background check had been done & that the jig was up & that she knew he wasn't who he said he was. He immediately broke off contact.

I told her to get him off her phone or block him so he can't return. It makes me so sad that people are so cruel that they will do something so horrible to someone all because they want to scam for money or perhaps it was a trafficking ring. I thank God we found out in time.

not_fine.jpg
Sigma by Epic Soul Factory

Sometimes I feel as though my heart is a war torn country.
Ravaged & pilfered of all its valuables.
Except for one small gem discovered by a tiny part of me.
It is locked away in a place deep within.
A place where it can be kept safe from this life.
Safe from all the pain of the world.
A tiny light from within that must stay lit for Him.
No matter how dark the road ahead is.

I am not fine.
Perhaps in time.
For now I am in deep.
There is no light.
There is no escaping the agony.

Teardrops splash upon the surface underneathe me.
In my head I hear the screaming & the crying.
I long to smash and bash things in a full blown rage.
To relieve the anger of the monster in the cage.
There is an answer to this dilemma.
El amor es la clave.
El amor.

I enjoy the music of Chad Lawson. It's delightfully soothing. I need soothing today. I don't know about anyone else but, I'm so sick of all this COVID19 stuff. Sick of seeing it on the news, sick of seeing it on the internet. Sick of it permeating every single aspect of my life. Sick of listening and or reading people arguing about it. The fact is, it's here, & we need to do our best to protect ourselves against it. The "who, what, when, where, & why" of it all no longer matters to me. All I can manage anymore is to keep a general eye on what's going on in the news with it & try to survive each day with all the stress that comes with this.

Having to go to work every single day with everyone around me masked up & having to see myself in the mirror at work every day masked up is a horribly stressful reminder of this stuff & how volatile it is. How fast a life can be snuffed out because of it. The uncertainty of what lies ahead is what really worries me. But, I have no control over that. None of us do. We can't rely on the government or the news. That's been apparent from day 1 because of all the different stories coming from everyone & everywhere. It's frustrating not having any answers when you don't know what to believe.

I have no problem with remaining isolated if that's what keeps me safe. I have no problem wearing a mask for however long, if that's what keeps me safe. I have no problem washing my hands 9 million times a day if that's what keeps me safe. My problem lies in all the disagreements caused by this virus. Since we can't prove anything & there's so many different versions of what is going on & why, I simply don't understand the reasoning behind the disagreements. Why argue over the unknown? What's the point? It seems ridiculous to me. If we had solid answers & everyone was on the same page, then I could maybe see discussing it. But, with all the unknowns it just seems like a waste of time to disagree over what we don't know.

Anyway, I think at this point I will simply keep an eye on general news information & the phases our governor has set up for our state & continue with my new normal routine. Eventually the Spanish Flu obviously died out & some people survived & life went on. Eventually COVID will surely die down & the all clear will be given. Until then, I have to take care of myself & stop letting this take over ALL of my life. I'd just like one day to have morning coffee without hearing about COVID19.

We are having Fried Rice & Vegetable Spring Rolls in the grill today at work. I'm on till close tonight. We are down to a 30 min flex with our hours but, still closing the cafeteria at 6. Our staff is getting impatient with all the changes that took place in the cafeteria & despite this pandemic they don't understand why they can't get a cup of coffee or dispense themselves a soda from the machines. We now have to direct them to our director to answer these questions so we're not put on the spot all day long.

I gotta go. Have a great day all!

You write very well, Marci.
That post # 383 was so very well written, and expressed and explained, very clearly.

I also was touched by the words of the previous post..... that you posted but had not written.

And then, (I don't know why I was looking and reading posts in backwards order :unsure::rolleyes:o_O)

I read the previous post you wrote about the help you were in a unique position to give, to that co-worker, who thought someone online truly cared for her. That must have been difficult for you, and so sad for her, but was very important to do.

You're good at noticing important things around you. Thanks for your sharing.

You write very well, Marci.
That post # 383 was so very well written, and expressed and explained, very clearly.

I also was touched by the words of the previous post..... that you posted but had not written.

And then, (I don't know why I was looking and reading posts in backwards order :unsure::rolleyes:o_O)

I read the previous post you wrote about the help you were in a unique position to give, to that co-worker, who thought someone online truly cared for her. That must have been difficult for you, and so sad for her, but was very important to do.

You're good at noticing important things around you. Thanks for your sharing.
I appreciate that Kaila. If you're referring to #382, I didn't write the words in the image but, the stuff below the image is my writing.

It was my understanding that the governor only opened restaurants here with curbside service or limited dining room allowance. Along with Sam's, Walmart & Dillons. However, I was told all of these places were packed over the weekend. So, it is likely that by the beginning of June we will see a spike in virus cases. I don't understand what is so hard about isolating & maintaining distance.

In this life we are given a certain amount of time to live. To love others. To love ourselves. To make a path in this world. Some of us don't get very far due to the kind of life we've had. Some of us don't get very far because there's never been an option to do so. However, whatever kind of life we are leading, we can use the present time to make the most of it. Do the things you need to do to help others or yourselves.

If you are working, do your best job. If you have a group of friends who are special to you, strive to make time for those relationships. If you have family, make the most of the lives you are living together. In this life we have to help ourselves to succeed at whatever it is that will bring out our best. We should help others who need us when things get bleak.

No matter how stupid something might seem, you could have the power to make someone else's situation brighter. Do nice things for yourself. Things that are good for your soul.

Love or befriend the one that no one wants to be bothered with. You may be the only bright spot in their lives. Love yourself enough to do little things for yourself to feel better.

421sin.jpg

Hope everyone is holding up ok. I've been finding things to do to keep me busy around the house & online. Just sitting here having my morning dose of caffeine. I have the day off so, I'm just chillin. Getting ready to go check out my alerts & see what's new. Have a great day!

Helping Others:

Sometimes in life you encounter people who for whatever reason need you to be there to save them from something bad. Yesterday, after talking to a co-worker about a new love interest, myself & another co-worker began to become concerned. As she went to tell us about this man, some of the finer details seemed a bit sketchy & then some. She showed us his photo & I noticed a wedding band. She asked him about it & he played it off like it wasn't a wedding band. Turns out this person is pretending to be John Wayne Troxell who is 56 and retired from the military. This other person was using his photo in fatigues & a false name & phone number he bought off the internet that works like one of those burner phones.

She's been texting him for a month & he's been telling her he's 49 & going to retire from the military & he's in a 5 room house he owns & that she would never have to work again. He told her she was beautiful & that God brought them together. This woman has a condition that causes bumps all over her body. And she's got some kind of mental disability. She's 59 yo but has the mind of a child. She's never had a man or been loved by one. So this fake relationship brought her great joy. She was head over heels already. She didn't understand why someone would do that to her.

Even after I gave her proof that it wasn't possible for this to be real, she kept saying "what if." There was no what if. I had to explain in great detail all the reasons that she could be a target for someone and explain to her that she could be in danger if she continued to communicate with this person. There are people out there in other countries posing as american soldiers to get into the country and whatever else. I was worried for her physical safety as well as her mental.

It was difficult to see the heartbreak in her eyes. But, I wanted to make sure that she was safe. She has a sister that's her guardian but, she doesn't really watch over her. She's so very vulnerable. I explained to her that it was because I cared about her safety. She went home & when the person texted her she told whoever it was that a background check had been done & that the jig was up & that she knew he wasn't who he said he was. He immediately broke off contact.

I told her to get him off her phone or block him so he can't return. It makes me so sad that people are so cruel that they will do something so horrible to someone all because they want to scam for money or perhaps it was a trafficking ring. I thank God we found out in time.
Facebook is known for this sort of thing .. men who have photos in uniform, claiming to be soldiers. Someone tried to get in touch with me through "friending" my friend's husband. Being new to Fb, I accepted, thinking he really knew my friends. Long story, short - this person hacked my computer and made it impossible for me to log in to Fb to report him. I no longer accept friend requests.

Facebook is known for this sort of thing .. men who have photos in uniform, claiming to be soldiers. Someone tried to get in touch with me through "friending" my friend's husband. Being new to Fb, I accepted, thinking he really knew my friends. Long story, short - this person hacked my computer and made it impossible for me to log in to Fb to report him. I no longer accept friend requests.
I don't know what they wanted with her. I'm just glad she got rid of them. I don't normally friend people I don't know. I will occasionally talk to someone in messenger but, if I don't know them, I won't friend them.

I hate when people argue. It frustrates me because I don't understand what is so hard about being nice to each other and getting along.

Last edited:
425a66.jpg
Good morning.
This morning I am thinking about why people are mean to others. It's gotten worse over the years. Especially online. People think they can just do or say whatever they want. It's as if they've forgotten that the folks they are saying these things to have feelings. Just because someone doesn't agree with something doesn't give them the right to be nasty to someone. Especially at our age. We've all seen what life is & how it affects a person. You would think as seniors we could be kinder to one another because for many of us life has been very unkind.

If some want to accuse me of looking at life through rose colored glasses so be it. I'd rather at least try to be nice to others than just deliberately be hateful because I can. There's already far too much of that in this world. None of us knows everything or has all the answers or is perfect all the time. I believe there are some people who seem to have forgotten this. I enjoy a good discussion just as much as the next person. I enjoy games & having fun. It's nice having a place to relax & enjoy yourself.

Anyway, I'm on till close tonight. We are having something called a Sloppy Dog today in the grill. It's a hotdog with sloppy joe on it. And fries on the side.

Friday we go to Phase 2 here. I still think it's too soon. I know people have to get back to work but, I think they're rushing things here. The governor is talking about going to Phase Out on June 22nd. I don't think we'll make it. I think the US is gonna start having outbreaks again. Those poor folks in NY. I wonder if they can manage a second wave.

I don't know when our doors will be open & our hours back to normal. I am concerned about the day they MAKE us take our masks off. If it's too soon, it's hard telling what will happen. I'm not interested in dying but, I have no place else to go to work. If I was at retirement age I'd call it quits. I've been debating on whether or not I could afford to go to 32 hrs a week but, then if we had another pandemic I'd be too short on funds.

Thoughts for another day. I gotta go get ready for work. Have a good day everyone.

@Pinky
@mike4lorie
@Aunt Marg
@RadishRose
@In The Sticks
@C'est Moi
Thanks to you all for always making my time here pleasant.

Last edited:
This particular poem is only partially mine. I had a relationship with a man who had a penchant for lying so I can't say whether or not he wrote the first part or if it was stolen. Those words will be in italic. I then added on 2 different versions of a second half to pair with the first.

~*~
Mystic Lover
The moon is high, the stars are bright.
Look into my eyes and you will see the light.
Mystic love is what my heart beholds, which leaves my soul empty and cold.
Come run with me through fields of love, beneath the moonlight from above.
Hear the whispers from beyond, feel the pain as they play our song.
Through your touch you make me feel like no other, my mystic lover.

~*~

I added this first version while we were still in the relationship.

~Our souls entwined till the end of time.
The sky above cradles our love.
In your eyes that shine so bright, I see within this glorious night.
A love that will unfold with each caress so tender yet, so bold.
Stay with me in the house of forever for in each others arms life can be no better.
Through your gentle kiss you make me feel like none other than your mystic lover.~

Now, after we broke up, I wrote this version.

*Our souls entwined
For such a short time.
The sky above
Whispers of our love.
My eyes no longer shine so bright
Now that I'm lost in the dark of night.
A love I so wanted to hold
Has now come to unfold.
In the house of forever
Your love I shall treasure.
Memories of your gentle kiss
That made me feel like none other.