Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

Apparently this music from a Podcast that I haven't yet heard. I just happened to come across the music while surfing.

I hope you will stay safe. NY is in a bad way right now. I feel so sorry for them.
Thank You...Marciks….I just cleaned all the floors...Even though there is no traffic....Nobody here wants to go in anyone's home...
I have the wash going and we decided to make gogutse (that is a green vegetable, like a cucumber)..So, I bought ground turkey,
I have tomato sauce, pasta, and garlic, with other ingredients....Of course the pasta goes last....It's a very old "supper" from our Mom's....
I like to take back my childhood sitting at the Kitchen Table.....
Our kids are in NJ....They tell us everyday, stay where we are...…(Love to everyone) Be Safe..♥

There's only so much I can take. I've been ignored on Facebook all day. Kind of annoyed right now.

My friend in NY must have a death wish. He apparently was out somewhere. Unclear doing what. He spoke to my mother but, not me.

A friend in Facebook just posted a thing about Nicole Kidman dancing barefoot to a Keith Urban song.

Who the hell cares? If it were you or I they wouldn't be posting videos of say.....*looks into the crowd*….RadishRose dancing in her bare feet to the theme song of Frozen. LOL!

These people need to get a grip when it comes to idolizing these stars.

I go back to work tomorrow. I am scared. Scared for myself. My coworkers. Our patients.
But, if they decide to let me past the check point, I have a job to do. I downsized to a smaller purse with only the necessities. The extras are staying home from this point on. I will be donning my mask before I go in and leave it on till I get home. I read that they are advising people to wash their hands every 20 min regardless. Might just do that. Never know, could save a life. Including my own.
It's been nice being off but, being sick was pretty miserable. I'd like to have something productive to do again but, I'd rather they send me home if it meant staying safe.
I don't mind being isolated because I'm so reclusive anyway. I can pretty much keep myself entertained most of the time. And then there's sleeping. I'm all for a good nap. :D
So, we shall see what is to be. I may end up being sent home just to be safe. I'll let them make that judgement call. Our patient count has dropped way down. I think they're making an effort to have as few bodies on the premises as possible. So with low census for now I am assuming they will ask us to leave early when we can.

A friend in Facebook just posted a thing about Nicole Kidman dancing barefoot to a Keith Urban song.

Who the hell cares? If it were you or I they wouldn't be posting videos of say.....*looks into the crowd*….RadishRose dancing in her bare feet to the theme song of Frozen. LOL!

These people need to get a grip when it comes to idolizing these stars.
I understand what you are going through...We mostly are staying in the house...It's a lovely place where we are....I took a walk and there
were a little family walking the dog...they actually were walking apart....You gotta walk a dog or else their poop will smell out your home...
That was just being a "funny"....We all have to calm down....Of course we are retired, so we are just trying to be complacent...
Hubby is having pain in his legs....He had Cancer but sometimes it can come back...Doctor's are flooded with people...So he is just
trying to stay put in the house... You want to dance....I love to dance....♥

@peppermint I'm not big on dancing. Too clumsy. I love to sing but, can't right now being sick and all. I also live in a duplex so I have to wait for the neighbor lady to be gone or for her to go on vacation before I can whip out my karaoke skills. LOL! I watch for her to leave on vacation. I can tell when she's gone if her side of the basement is locked. Then I mad dash it for the radio and find some tune I can belt out. LOL!! If she were here when this took place she'd be very unhappy with me.

Hi girls.
Didn't catch any flack for wearing a mask. I did ask management if there was any protocol like if things got worse if I had the option to stay home without losing my job but, there isn't. If you're not exhibiting symptoms, you're on your own. I asked just in case.

We have one dead but, not sure if it was virus related. Possibly is.
We have 5 in isolation now. I am getting scared but after watching that video I posted from that dr in NY I don't feel AS scared.
I felt ok, the day went well. But, it's pretty quiet in the building.

It's Very good to read your note, Marci.
It was good and strong for you to do the things you did and are doing.

We were thinking of you, and are glad it went alright.
How many days a week do you work there?

It's normal to feel scared sometimes, in a situation like this. You are helping people to have food to eat, so that is very valuable.

You girls' support means a lot.

I'm full time plus sometimes I do extra shifts.

We have 2 more confirmed today. Things at work are weird because people are scared and pissy with each other and then there's me. I have a hard time NOT being my usual goofy self. It's like seeing a comic with a rough audience at work. No laughter...just crappy glances.

I'd heard a rumor about a nationwide 2 wk quarantine so, I braved a trip to the supermarket this evening. Things were calm. The only thing they didn't have was TP and Tylenol. I got paper towels again. I did find one generic bottle of Tylenol. So that's good. Been relying on my anxiety meds to keep me calm. Plus prayer and sleep.

Kid at the register was showing off his mask and bragging about it. Wasn't wearing it. I wanted to tell him it wasn't gonna help him tucked in his pocket, especially since he'd just touched his face.

Well, I figured out that rumor was the stay-at-home Trump issued nationwide on Friday. It was old news.
~*~
I find myself going to work and wondering if "this is gonna be the day" every day now. The day I get it. The day I get my death sentence. I am sure that those closer to the front line are wondering that and more. It's awful having such a terrible thing in common. My parents are in their 70s and worried about me but, Dad has been my encouragement daily which has been the biggest surprise. My cheerleader. My 74 yr old cranky cheerleader. LOL!
Seriously, he knows how scared I am and he keeps encouraging. (I just thanked him on FB for being encouraging and he said he was just doing the daddy thing.)
Some of the other people at work didn't understand why I wanted to look into not working if things got worse and thought I was upset about not getting pd and stuff. They didn't understand that it didn't have anything to do with money or not wanting to be there. It was just a concern for my own safety since I'm at such risk. They just thought I wanted off. That's not the case. I cancelled my vacation for this mo. in case they need me. Despite the risk and the fear.
It was weird walking into the store tonight not knowing what to expect but, I needed things. I wanted to see if things had settled down. It is the last trip I'll be making into the store for the next few weeks. I will order some of the smaller items online and pick them up outside. I have to be conscious of everything I touch, everything I'm doing, all day and all night. Constantly asking myself...do I need to wash first, then do, then wash some more? Or just do and then wash. Depends on the task. I'm so focused on being aware that I lose some of myself to that during the day. Thinking each thing through to see if and when to wash. Trying to guide others to make sure they're washing and handling appropriately, too.

I hadn't seen a spot on the FMLA forms I had to fill out from when I was sick that required a signature after the dr put in all his info so I had to make another trip to the clinic yesterday morning before work. Sign it and have them fax it.
A young man in the clinic said that as part of the stay-at-home order apparently the PD set up a curfew that nobody knows about and the first time you're caught out after curfew for a non-essential thing, they fine you $500. I can't find any info on this anywhere locally. I am surprised they are able to get away with that without making it known to the public.

Sitting here this morning having Cheez-its and a cup of cinnamon roll coffee for breakfast. I'm off today so I will be resting.
It got pretty warm yesterday. The 70s I think. Not sure of today's forecast. They are calling for a hard freeze this weekend. I'm just ready to get on with the season we are to be in.

They have stated that covid19 will be back this fall for another round. I hope they're wrong. If not, I hope it's not gonna be as bad. Hopefully they'll get some vaccines to us all soon.

Back