Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

Grumpy-Cat-Meme-You-know-whats-great-about-the-outdoors...nothing-e1371645725741.jpg
Morning. I grabbed a vacation sheet and then I read this:
Should We Be Worried About The New COVID-19 Strain In South Africa? | HuffPost Life
Now I wonder if I'll get any vacation at all this year either. I don't know how long I can keep this crap up with no vacation...no break from all the daily stress. It's weighing heavily on me & starting to change my mood drastically. Being exhausted & under constant stress doesn't do much for ones temper. I don't care how nice a person you are.

Please...wear your masks. Do your social distancing and don't go out if you don't have to. You have no idea what this is doing to those of us in the healthcare field. That mask isn't violating anyone's rights. It's the difference between life and death. Your homes are not prisons. Right now they are the only safe place to be.

I'm just a food service employee. Imagine what this is doing to the people who have to take care of all these infected patients day in and day out and watching so many of them die.

This has been a pretty crappy week. I've spent it being insulted and called names at work...online...I just am to the point where I don't know why I bother talking to anyone anymore.

I'm participating in an online gaming tournament for Splatoon 2 this evening. Getting my butt kicked for the most part but...having a blast. I got enough cred to get two new pieces of equipment plus I gained an experience point.

grumpy-cat-coffe.jpg

I also gotta make some first. Another day. Got the kitchen cleaned yesterday. Gotta start on the living room today. On the bright side there's a little less of it with the second hand recliner I recently bought. I call it big foot. The thing is huge. I don't have any tubs or anything to organize anything so I tend to make piles. I think I need to get rid of old magazine's and stuff I'm not using so I have someplace to put some of it. But that's for another day. There's stuff in the basement that could go too.

Today is the final day of the tournament. I didn't get in on Friday's cuz I was too wiped out from work. I'm gonna play again later today. Not sure for how long. anyway...have a good day.

Almost done with the living room. Gonna need some lunch and got some financial stuff to take care of.

the team i chose to play on for the Splatfest lost but man i had a good time. got some new equipment and gear and experience so it was worth it.

We're getting closer to VDay so everyone's talking about Love. :sick:

I don't know what the words I love you mean to you all but to me they are no different than Hi or Bye. There was a time they were very important words to me until they lost they're meaning with the 2nd husband. I think people are too careless with those 3 little words and often don't mean it. You can love chocolate but it's not the same kind of love. If you love me please let it mean more than a love for chocolate.

The day I told my ex I was leaving he cried real tears and told me he didn't want to lose me cuz "he loved me." :unsure: Meanwhile he had a girlfriend on the side. That day...those words no longer held any meaning for me. Later on after our split he informed me he never loved me he just didn't wanna lose me so he just married me to keep me from leaving. Now if someone expects me to buy into the fact that they love me they better be prepared to prove it. Otherwise it's gonna look like BS to me.

I hate Valentine's day and anything associated with it. Except for the chocolates. :cool:

We're getting closer to VDay so everyone's talking about Love. :sick:

I don't know what the words I love you mean to you all but to me they are no different than Hi or Bye. There was a time they were very important words to me until they lost they're meaning with the 2nd husband. I think people are too careless with those 3 little words and often don't mean it. You can love chocolate but it's not the same kind of love. If you love me please let it mean more than a love for chocolate.

The day I told my ex I was leaving he cried real tears and told me he didn't want to lose me cuz "he loved me." :unsure: Meanwhile he had a girlfriend on the side. That day...those words no longer held any meaning for me. Later on after our split he informed me he never loved me he just didn't wanna lose me so he just married me to keep me from leaving. Now if someone expects me to buy into the fact that they love me they better be prepared to prove it. Otherwise it's gonna look like BS to me.

I hate Valentine's day and anything associated with it. Except for the chocolates. :cool:
I love Valentine's Day for a few reasons. One being that as I was growing up my father always gave my mother one of those big heart shaped boxes of chocolates so he gave my brother and me each a box of chocolate covered cherries. The most important reason I love it though is that my son is a (or was, not a baby now at 51) a Valentine Baby. My cheating first husband always bought me Valentine flowers, candy and jewelry.........but he bought them for his girlfriend (a topless dancer) too.

The words I love you mean something to me IF the person saying them not only means them but shows me they mean it. I have been made to feel invisible in my past and to me that means they do not mean it.

Last edited:
I would say good night to you but I don't usually come back on the computer at night. I have been weaning myself (still) from social media. I will say Good Morning though and have a great day!
You have a great day too lady! I'm trying to get geared up for another day on the job front. Thank God for coffee!

Back