Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

Morning.
The grill at work is open again. On the days I'm off or on a different shift it still closes early because they have no one to cover me. Today I'm gonna be kept busy with chicken and curly fries and frying onion pieces for our burger special. At least I won't be in the kitchen with those other PITA people.

Gotta pick up my Rx on the way in this morning. We have a pharmacy right there in the hospital we can get meds from. Pretty handy.

So far I like my New Balance sneakers and I think I'm gonna get me another pair. The 1080's aren't bad. I don't want the new ones cuz they're ugly. LOL! They look like they belong on the FTD flower guy. Sometimes I wonder what goes through these people's minds when they design some of this stupid looking stuff.

Having my coffee. Have a good day.

I hope you don't me asking, but do you work in a regular hospital? I kept thinking it was a nursing home. If you are in a hospital is the grill in the hospital cafeteria where even visitors can buy food and eat? The hospital around here that my parents and inlaws used to be had really good food.

I hope you don't me asking, but do you work in a regular hospital? I kept thinking it was a nursing home. If you are in a hospital is the grill in the hospital cafeteria where even visitors can buy food and eat? The hospital around here that my parents and inlaws used to be had really good food.
Yes. I used to work in a nursing home. But this is a full blown hospital. The food is pretty good depending on whose cooking that day. LOL

Life comes and life goes.
People never stay in my life. At some point everyone leaves. It is horribly painful because I never have a constant in my life. Part of the reason I am a believer and lover of Christ. He is my constant. He is there when I need him the most. He comforts me and brings me joys in little things each day. It makes up for all the hell I see and go through every day.

I keep hoping someday there will be a special person in my life that will stay. But I'm not holding out much hope. I spend most of my time wondering just how wonderful heaven will be and how glorious it will be to see God's face.

I finally figured out that all that is wrong with my world is this world we live in. I gotta say...I'm totally ok with the idea that someday this misery will end and I will be someplace where I am safe...valued and loved.

ezgif-4-ce94583cdbed.jpg
Morning. I think after a week or so with no Grill the customers see themselves this way at my chicken window. LOL! I could not keep these people in chicken strips yesterday. We have no more bone in and we are on our last 4 bags of strips till Thursday provided they're on the truck delivery.

It's supposed to be 58 degrees today. We'll see. I don't think any of the allergens are being killed off anymore because our winters aren't cold enough to get the job done. So seasonal allergies are becoming year long.

I think I'm working on my birthday. That will be a bummer. LOL! Oh well. Have a great day.​

*Takes a sip of coffee & sits down*

This all came in my email via Science News:

The latest science​

New life expectancy forecasts

The pandemic may cause life expectancy in the United States to dip to its lowest level since 2003, especially for Black and Latino people, a new study estimates.
In a world without COVID-19, the average life expectancy for people in the United States would be around 78 years. With the pandemic, that expectation overall drops by a little more than a year, researchers report in the Feb. 2 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

ezgif-3-2d6a5253738f.jpg

Black and Latino people in particular have died from COVID-19 at disproportionately high rates, perhaps because they are more likely to be exposed to the coronavirus at work and have higher rates of underlying conditions like high blood pressure. They may also bear the brunt of the drop in life expectancy. The new study shows that due to COVID-19, Black people could see life expectancy drop from 74.88 to 72.78 years, a difference of 2.10 years. For Latinos, the decrease is even larger, dropping from 81.82 to 78.77 years, a difference of 3.05 years. For white people, on the other hand, life expectancy is projected to decline by 0.68 years — from 78.52 to 77.84 years.

In the United States, the life expectancy for Black people has long lagged behind that of white people. While the gap has narrowed in recent years, the pandemic is set to reverse the progress made since 2006, the researchers say.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The more contagious coronavirus variant may soon be the U.S.’s dominant strain

A highly contagious coronavirus variant will become the dominant version of the virus in the United States in March, emphasizing the need for more rapid vaccination, a new study from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests.

Called B.1.1.7, the variant was first identified in December in the United Kingdom. It has some mutations that may help the virus better spread among people, though the variant isn’t thought to cause more severe disease. More rigorous efforts to get people vaccinated, along with wearing masks and social distancing, are needed to curb its spread, the CDC says.

Finally found some other people to play video games with on the Switch. It's fun and allows me to escape the bad stuff.

I see a thread on dogs. I personally am a cat person. I think a hairless one would be kinda neat. I've taken in some wonderful strays over the years. Hardly any here though. I think the animal control people collect them. No chance for a lonely old lady. *Snaps fingers* Guess I'll just hafta keep feedin the squirrels.

Man I hate mornings. I know God made them so we could start each day anew but did he have to make them so miserable? It feels like one is trying to wake from the dead. *Swigs coffee*

Gotta work this weekend and it's supposed to snow. 😒 Today through Monday. 🤬
It's chicken strip night at the Inn. Every Sat. the patients get deep fried chicken strips or glazed grilled chicken (low sodium) depending on their diet. Not one of my favorite days.

Have a great weekend everyone. ☕

Good morning. :coffee:

Now they're calling for 4-8 inches of snow. I'm likely going to have to see about calling a cab tomorrow. I have difficulties getting into the vehicle when it's covered in frozen rain and snow. I also don't like driving in this town when it's like that. Too risky the way these other people drive.

It's beef stew night. Yippee...😒
So far our COVID count has remained steady. Last check we were up to 5000+ cases and over 80 deaths. Our in house COVID patients has remained steady between 20 - 35 a day.

Have a great day y'all!

Good morning campers.

I'm sitting here with my coffee contemplating what being 55 means. Do I mind it? Not really. Is there anything I don't like about it? Hmmm....I hurt more...I move slower...It's taking longer to wake up. Perhaps sleep is practice for death. LOL! A friend has reminded me that I am one year closer diapers. Far as I'm concerned it will save on all those pesky trips to the bathroom. LMBO!

I remember as a kid getting lots of birthday cards. I am now relegated to 2 if both parties remember. :rolleyes: So I basically celebrate myself most of the time. I ordered lots of food from the pizza place so I'm good. *Grins*

I gotta call the tax lady today and get an appt to drop the stuff off and have her do it and then pick it up. I lucked out. I got the nicest tax lady on the planet I think. Some people really bring something to a business that their coworkers don't possess which is why those are the ones people seek out sometimes. Sometimes it has little to do with the person though. I like my tax lady cuz she's genuinely nice. Not too much of that anymore. I don't want fake nice.

I was shooting for being a lady of leisure today but I have a little laundry and dishes to contend with after my coffee of course. *kicks back and sips the goodness*

Back