Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

Ok let's see first there was COVID19, then murder hornets, then George Floyd and now a crap ton of racial arguments that are starting to take on a religious twist. This place is getting to be a real drag.

*Sits @ a table in the corner playing solitaire*

I have to work tomorrow but I wanted to stop in & say goodnight. I'm exhausted and I just don't care about anything right now. I'm gonna go to bed. Chow!

Morning all.

TY Micka. Have a great day.

I have been so worn out I've been going to bed early. Hopefully the pulmonologist can get me fixed up and running right again. I hate feeling like this. I gotta quit whining about it cuz it's my own fault. No one forced me to spend 25 yrs smoking.

It's gonna be a scorcher out there today. 104° they say. Ugh! It's going to be unpleasant at work today. Nothing good on the menu either so, I don't know about lunch. I could be a starvin Marvin before the day is out.

Cya all tonight.

Actually thinking about doing this to my hair. I've already cut it once with clippers. Might have to experiment with this.

I have never seen grown men and women act so childish and ridiculous in my life as what I'm seeing now on the media. For God sake! It's just a mask. Grow the F up!

Having a hard time breathing tonight. I don't wanna go to the ER because it's just my COPD and if I go they'll wanna test me for COVID. Here they swab both nostrils clear to the back of the throat. They will be wearing my latest meal if they do that. I hope I can make it till the 13th.

Morning.

Doing a little better this morning. We'll see how long that lasts. LOL

Supposed to get to 95° today. The heat index was like 108 yesterday. Hope today isn't that bad but, it feels a little sticky in the house this morning. That dust storm is coming clear into KS so, having even more trouble with allergies and lungs right now. Been a bad deal.

We are having some sort of salad made of greens. I don't know why they can't just use lettuce once in a while. I would like to have salad but I hate those mixed greens. Our salad bar is all prepackaged with...you guessed it....mixed greens. 🙄

One of the ladies I work with got all nasty with me yesterday. There's quite a few of them I don't care for. They're hateful and do nothing but gossip. I've walked up on them inadvertently several times and overheard them griping about me or making fun of me so I don't talk much to them. I get along better with the men in our dept. Even they act like women sometimes. I watch the co-workers who never talk and they seem to fare better so, I've been trying to implement that into my workdays. It works better. When I remember to keep my trap shut.

It's stupid that a person can't go to work and talk and be themselves without being attacked every day. I'm just so over it. With all the stress from this virus and the worries that have come with it I just don't need the extra BS in my day.

I was having a conversation with another employee yesterday that's from Kenya. We were discussing this dust storm and he was asking about my breathing. He looked at me and grinned real wide and said "Welcome to Africa." I nearly fell over laughing. He's a sweetie. But he cracks me up. So thankfully not all the employees here are aholes. Praise the Lord!! 😁

They're having something called Dry Rubbed Chicken on the hot food side today. Not sure what that is but I will check it out today. We get a free lunch one day of the week before payday where we can have whatever we want off the grill. I might just do that instead. I just don't know what I'm hankering for. My appetite has decreased a little lately as well. Not sure why.

Have a great day!

That was nice to hear about that smiley coworker from Kenya, Marci.:)
We could all use a smile, sometime in our day, and a shared one is the best kind.

Wow, that heat sounds difficult on top of all the other awful stresses and conditions and concerns.

Does the extreme heat make the COPD worse, and make it harder to breathe the steaming hot air?

and i dont remember if there are A/c in any areas of your workplace?

Rubbed chicken? :unsure:

LOL @ you girls!!

It's baked chicken with a dry rub. I decided not to try it since it didn't look all that appealing.

We have a/c at work but with all the equipment running it can get pretty soupy. The extreme heat and humidity are very difficult with COPD. Add the mask and I may as well be 💀.

They can't figure out why I'm forever mad. I can't breathe. I'm trying to bust a$$ to get the work done, there's a deadly pandemic and people suck. Oh so many reasons to be joyous. 🙄

Oh well, such is life.

So this evening I decided to order the new barber clippers to cut my hair with because the one I have doesn't have what I need. The $60 one I was gonna buy had really bad reviews. Someone else made a comment about sticking with Wahl's. So I ordered a Wahl. This is $100 but will be worth it.

7104CqM+ajL._SX679_.jpg

Morning.

I got a reply from the CMO. He explained to me that they couldn't just shut the ER down if all the staff was exposed for example. I understand that. Even though it makes no sense to have ppl with possible COVID caring for you but, if I'm in the ER I don't wanna die either. He stated that he promised me they were following CDC guidelines. :rolleyes: We had a second co-worker whose wife had been in close contact at work with an infected employee and while she waited her 48 hrs for test results he was allowed to continue working and we didn't even get told. That really ticked me off. We have the right to know if a co-worker has possibly been exposed and is now at work waiting to see. I will be even more vigilant about keeping my mask on and keeping my distance.

This is such a strange and scary time. You don't know what to expect anymore when you leave the house. You don't know who may have been exposed or not. It's like some really screwed up game of Russian Roulette. I'm not digging it.

Gonna be a busy day at the fryer. Catfish sandwich and fries. That's what I forgot to do last night. We were so busy I forgot to stock the fries.

Have a great day!

Students in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 have been attending parties in the city and surrounding area as part of a disturbing contest to see who can catch the virus first, a city council member told ABC News on Wednesday.

What the hell is the matter with people? Are they retarded?

OMG! Some people! How hard is it to understand the concept of everyone wearing a mask in order to keep everyone else safe from a deadly frickin virus? How damn difficult is it to know that you can't eat with your frickin mask on? Of course you're gonna have to take it off. Duh! I swear some people don't have the brains the good Lord gave them.

Why do so many members on here hide themselves? Do they need to do so for some reason? It seems a bit childish.

Morning.

Today's forecast 93° with a chance of thunderstorms.

It's spaghetti night tonight for the patients. Yesterday our census was 132. Not sure what today will bring. It's possible that all of the staff in food service will have to be masked the entire time. If that's the case then when I get to work everyone is going to be angry. Can't wait. :rolleyes:
If I could I would call in and sleep. Oh well. If they had started masking from the get go, they wouldn't have these issues.

Having my coffee and enjoying the peace & quiet while it lasts. Once I get to work it's nothing but 8 hrs of racket.

Well, y'all have a good one.

Back