Diets, Decaf & Other Dubious Deeds

just got off the phone with my mom. i have a cousin who flies for fedex internationally. i guess they sent him to china with another pilot & the pilot had covid. so when they landed in china the chinese officials took the sick guy straight to the hospital. my cousin got arrested & placed in a chinese prison for quarantine. he says they're not mistreating him & he's being fed & all. he doesn't have it so he's supposed to be home in a few days & he was t totally pissed.

morning.

very tired this morning. not in the mood to go to work. at all. 😒
that's the only thing i hate about food service. no matter what mood i'm in i gotta pretend to be happy about everything. 🙄

today will be a busy day filled with lots of food prep & cooking. then i can come home & order pizza & chill out till Sunday. Monday i go to see the prn doc about my sinus infection. not sure how that will go. she doesn't know me so she may look at my overall symptoms from all my other crap & decide to make me go get tested for COVID. if that happens i'm gonna be PO'd. although on the bright side...it might get me a week off. LMAO!

looks like we could see some more rain again. got some yesterday.

i got one cousin whose blocked my dad on FB cuz my dad keeps making all these political comments just to make him mad. i was ok till a couple times my father told me i sounded like a MAGAt? between that & some of his other remarks to me i finally said the hell with it & deactivated my page. he was the only one paying any attn to me so it was hardly worth being on there. i don't miss it.

well i'm gonna peruse. have a great day.

Last edited:
Thank God the day is over. I'm wiped out. Spoke with a co-worker who got tested & he told me what his experience was like & I think I can handle it calmly. Maybe...

I go to this one forum where people post questions. This kills me.

How do you recognize a genius with 3 simple questions?
I’d suggest something like this to assess qualitatively for divergent thinking and interests:
  1. What’s the last thing that you learned, and how did you learn it?
  2. Explain a difficult concept in XYZ field (dependent on the person’s field) the way you would to your grandmother.
  3. How would you solve XYZ problem (and let the person reason through it)
I'm seriously not even smart enough to ask these questions!

With all the violence that's taking place anymore over this mask situation...it has me a little scared to go in someplace. I'm afraid I'll look at someone cockeyed & get attacked. I've been staying outside of any business as much as humanly possible. We shouldn't have to live like this. All because people are being big babies about those masks.

At some point I'm gonna hafta see if I can get some curbside assistance from somewhere because there's gonna come a day I'm gonna need new underwear...socks & shoes. And I don't wanna go into the stores.

It's Friday night...the neighbors are partying & shouting at one another in the yard. It's almost 1AM. They must be new on the block because I didn't notice all this crap till about a month ago. I'm sick to death of disrespectful ppl.

Morning. :coffee:

I'm finishing off my coffee & preparing to order food off the internet. I sure hope no one called in at work cuz my phone was off. I know...it's a shame isn't it? *Smirks*

I saw a thread earlier about love that has got my brain ticking. May have to write something up after a while.

I'm toying with the idea of getting a work at home job or 2. Depending on the hrs & the salary & how much I can get done. Hell maybe 3 jobs! All kidding aside I am looking into it. I'm getting tired of punching a timeclock & being ran ragged & treated like sh*t. I'm getting too old for this BS.

Last edited:
Is using sarcasm a sign of emotional immaturity or a sign of intelligence?
It turns out this question has been studied. Actual peer-reviewed science has been published on this.
And the answer is:
Sarcasm is significantly correlated with intelligence and creativity.
The highest form of intelligence: Sarcasm increases creativity for both expressers and recipients
The Surprising Benefits of Sarcasm
The Link Between Sarcasm And Creativity
Using sarcasm could make you more creative, Harvard research finds
When you are sarcastic, you have to be able to hold two different sets of meaning in your mind at the same time: the surface meaning (the actual words you’re saying) and the subtextual meaning (the thing you’re being sarcastic about). You have to find surface words that relate to the idea you’re being sarcastic about, but in an inverse relationship. This requires both creativity and abstract thinking.
To understand sarcasm, you must be able to see and process the relationship between the surface and deep meaning. You must be able to pick up on subtextual and social cues that tell you the surface meaning is not the intended meaning. That, too, requires intelligence and abstract thinking.
https://journals.aom.org/doi/abs/10.5465/ambpp.2014.10760abstract

I think I'm gonna go take a nap & do some reading. I'm just not in the mood to be here right now.

🙄 I can't believe people are this stupid. *SMH*
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/berlin-germany-coronavirus-protest_n_5f258e1ec5b6a34284bb784a

Protesters who came from across the country held up homemade signs with slogans like “Corona, false alarm,” “We are being forced to wear a muzzle,” “Natural defense instead of vaccination” and “We are the second wave.”

They chanted, “We’re here and we’re loud, because we are being robbed of our freedom!”

Robbed of their freedom? Really? I don't think they have any God given right to run around willy nilly & spread this disease like dandelion fuzz. Give me a break. Grow the hell up & put your mask on.

And what was it that one thread video said about there's no evidence of a single transmission of COVID from a student to a teacher? Well how about summer camp?
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/georgia-ymca-camp-covid-19-outbreak-260_n_5f24a33cc5b68fbfc8833269

In a startling finding with disturbing implications for schools, 260 children and staff members tested positive for COVID-19 in an outbreak that spread in just days at a summer camp in northern Georgia, according to a study released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

It’s one of the largest known COVID-19 super-spreading events in the state.

All counselors and campers “passed all mandatory screenings” and were required to have a negative COVID-19 test before attending the camp in late June, the study noted.

Of the 597 residents at the YMCA Camp High Harbor in Rabun County — identified in the report as “Camp A” — 344 were tested for the virus, and 260 tested positive. That’s a 77% infection rate just for those tested.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/brya...-donation-covid-19_n_5f23aa6ec5b6a34284b8ee02

Despite carefully following recommended safety protocols, Cranston told fans in an Instagram post on Thursday that he had contracted COVID-19. He said he experienced mild symptoms, including a slight headache, tightness in his chest and the loss of taste and smell:

“I urge you to keep wearing the damn mask, keep washing your hands and stay socially distant,” the actor said.

I see & often experience this stuff daily at work.
https://www.cleverism.com/signs-of-emotional-abuse-at-work/

Here’s a sad but undeniable truth: abuse, in all its forms, shapes and sizes, is everywhere. In fact, it has even become part of most people’s way of life that they have trouble spotting it for what it is: a gross disrespect for one person and his rights, often with harmful and injurious results, and the only one to benefit from it is the person inflicting the abuse.

Any improper or excessive usage or treatment is termed as “abuse”, but in the human and psychological context, it refers to one’s treatment of others beings or individuals. In this context, it is closely associated with issues that relate to aggression, suppression, deceit, maltreatment and, often, violence.

As of today I've had my fill of discussing COVID19 & anything to do with it. I'm sick to death of all the disagreements & fighting & general nonsense. I'm just gonna read my own materials & look out for myself. What everyone else does or doesn't do is their problem. I've had enough. I no longer give a crap. I'm just gonna follow the mandates & wait it out & pray.

I'm done with everyone's drama & BS. In real time or virtual time. I'm just gonna hang & chill & let whatever happens happen.

Morning. Pouring my coffee down my throat & preparing for another day. I'm tired & don't wanna go in. 😒

I am just weary. Weary of life...weary of work...weary of people.

Tired of not being able to say anything or post anything ANYWHERE without ALWAYS being told I'm wrong or the information is wrong. A person or information can't possibly be wrong 100% of the time. If I'm that wrong then maybe I need to stop talking and posting anything. Jeez! I'm so sick of all the drama. OMG!

I gotta get up early for my appt tomorrow so I'm gonna go watch tv & snooze.

Back