Do You Close Your Bedroom Door at Night for Fire Safety?

I close, and lock, my bedroom door, at night, so I have a few extra seconds to grab my .357, that's under my mattress, loaded, and get a decent bead on the entrance way to the room before the perp kicks in the door!

I am all for gun rights...I own several....but I sure wouldn't want to live in an area where I had to sleep with a pistol in my bed.

Tough going to bed in a state of terror every night. Is it really that bad in your town/neighborhood? I'd have to offer the perp a cup of coffee while he waited for me to find my auto and load it. Haha Worse than that, I've only got an old .32 Colt. Not nearly big enough to blow away the intruder and the guy behind him with a single shot. I better stay in my neighborhood where I've lived since birth and never found the need for a loaded weapon close at hand at all times.

I am all for gun rights...I own several....but I sure wouldn't want to live in an area where I had to sleep with a pistol in my bed.
Nor would I, but you're in a constitutional carry state. There won't be any violent crime there in a few years. When I think of noises at night, I think of electrical or plumbing problems. This happened once with my jet pump which brings water from the cistern to the pressure tank. It wouldn't shut off so I had to do it manually at the breaker box.

Vermont has the lowest violent crime rate of the states; Wyoming is second lowest. These are the only two states with both constitutional carry and no notification in a police encounter. Many states have one or the other, but these are the only two with both.

It's very interesting that the states with the most reasonable gun laws are the states where you're very unlikely to need your gun. Of course, we always pack just on general principles.

My church requires all men to be armed. It's optional for womenfolk. However, women who bear arms sit with the men. The others must sit with the children. I've never seen one who sat with the children. A warrior is a warrior regardless of sex.

Nor would I, but you're in a constitutional carry state. There won't be any violent crime there in a few years. When I think of noises at night, I think of electrical or plumbing problems. This happened once with my jet pump which brings water from the cistern to the pressure tank. It wouldn't shut off so I had to do it manually at the breaker box.

Vermont has the lowest violent crime rate of the states; Wyoming is second lowest. These are the only two states with both constitutional carry and no notification in a police encounter. Many states have one or the other, but these are the only two with both.

It's very interesting that the states with the most reasonable gun laws are the states where you're very unlikely to need your gun. Of course, we always pack just on general principles.

My church requires all men to be armed. It's optional for womenfolk. However, women who bear arms sit with the men. The others must sit with the children. I've never seen one who sat with the children. A warrior is a warrior regardless of sex.
Interesting point of view. Sifuphil, my fiancé is a MMA master, a scholar warrior in the Taoist tradition, yet he does not carry a gun. He dispatched three thugs to the hospital using only his hands and feet. Sustained no injuries whatsoever. There are many kinds of warriors. (This occurred in Pennsylvania.)

Interesting point of view. Sifuphil, my fiancé is a MMA master, a scholar warrior in the Taoist tradition, yet he does not carry a gun. He dispatched three thugs to the hospital using only his hands and feet. Sustained no injuries whatsoever. There are many kinds of warriors. (This occurred in Pennsylvania.)
That's not surprising. People who look for trouble always find it. However, most of us wish to avoid it.

That's not surprising. People who look for trouble always find it. However, most of us wish to avoid it.

Seriously?

Do you really think that a thug would last 45+ years in martial arts training, only to go out and look for trouble?

You don't know me, and I don't think I appreciate the character assassination.

True thuggery is a church that requires members to be armed and sets the "little lambs" on the side.

I have closed m bedroom door since childhood. So it is more a force of habit than anything else. I probably would do different if I had a wandering cat or dog, but for now, it is closed.

Our boy was a special needs child so we always had the bedroom door open to listen for him. Plus we've always had a dog or three and some smoke alarms scattered around. These days we still keep the door open, it just feels better.

Back