Do You Feel You Are Free?

here in the UK I don't feel Free... not as I once did. We're the most watched public in the western world apparently with CCTV covering the every move outside of our homes than any other.. whether that's inside buildings or in the street where we live or work, and play..

We're certainly not free to have 'Free Speech''.. lest it's twisted and reported by the woke, as offensive...

Britain where the flag was flown high due to our Freedom for centuries .. brought to it's knees by Big Brother and the Woke and Snowflake community...so sad, it's like I live in a different Country to the one in which I was born and raised..

I think the troubles in your country that you point out, and the troubles here , etc. As well as those I have heard a little of in Australia ........ are IMO a hint to the "New World Order" that is mentioned on occasion. Again, not trying to sound like a conspiracy nut but ..... I do think there are folks "out there" that are working for a one [world-wide] government & something similar to a king ....... and it scares the crap outta me.

IMO lately, there have been several hints of population control ....... and I actually wonder if, the high gas price, and draining of our reserves are another form of it ? People are staying closer to home .... and some are looking more closely at electric cars, mass transit , etc.

I really don't have a dog in this fight .... as i am 73 figuring the averages likely dead soon, no kids / G/kids ......... but most of you all here do ....... so to you I assume the future [for them] is important ....... It is IMO way past time to pay attention , and start "fighting-back" to stop this trend.

No. I feel manipulated by entities beyond my control, as most of us are, except the wealthiest who make their own choices. We're corralled and forced to fight with each other almost everyday about this or that, it's always something freshly alarming, and people keep buying into the fight game. I do remember a time in the twentieth century when we were more of one heart and one mind moving towards greater freedom for everyone. We weren't so easy to push around back then and I do dearly miss that time because we were so much closer to capturing something we'll never lay our hands on again.
:unsure:
Can't disagree here. I believe, more and more that money, wealth and the powerful run everything. In fact, I just believe it.

I see it in my area, devasted by fires. I was clued in on this forum that they aren't going to build to suit the needs of the community. They are going to build for max profit for the investors. So they can get richer. We need condos for people to buy and a new mobile home park.

Well, I was born in a western industrialized country, so not too much to complain about on that simple fact. My mother was from the area that would become East Germany. Glad I wasn't born there.

But, my stepfather is running my life. I feel that way anyway. If I just want to vent or complain to my brother, he twists things and tells lies to my stepfather, so I have no support.

I'm stuck here by my stepfather and the increased real estate prices and my job and situation. Not sure how this will play out.

Well, I was born in a western industrialized country, so not too much to complain about on that simple fact. My mother was from the area that would become East Germany. Glad I wasn't born there.

But, my stepfather is running my life. I feel that way anyway. If I just want to vent or complain to my brother, he twists things and tells lies to my stepfather, so I have no support.

I'm stuck here by my stepfather and the increased real estate prices and my job and situation. Not sure how this will play out.
If you are legally old enough and are tough enough! Leave and make your own life. It is difficult, but possible. Make a plan, save some money up and catch a bus out of town, better out of California (as it is so expensive to live there). Lots of jobs out there right now, so if you feel trapped, get out!

Ditto, but I do and say pretty much what I want. I am just more careful who I say it to. I have a close friend that works for the DHS. I trust him, so I am upfront with him. I told him how I feel about our FBI and the DHS agents. He knows how I feel about this government and he must trust me because he mostly agrees that our government has never been more corrupt than it is today. Mayorkas, his boss is included. I am getting pretty close to politics, so I need to stop.
I miss that talk with my husband. He and I were the only ones who understood our feelings on contentious matters, and could freely have a conversation at home, without fear of any kind of retribution ... no longer sadly

Last edited:
If you are legally old enough and are tough enough! Leave and make your own life. It is difficult, but possible. Make a plan, save some money up and catch a bus out of town, better out of California (as it is so expensive to live there). Lots of jobs out there right now, so if you feel trapped, get out!
I've got money in saving. I had plenty to buy a mobile home in a park but the prices have gone up like crazy and I refuse to buy some old metal dump from the 70's. I'd look into leaving California if I could.

I've made one stupid mistake after another. I could have bought a condo years ago and paid it off by now. Now they are totally out of my price range.

I've got money in saving. I had plenty to buy a mobile home in a park but the prices have gone up like crazy and I refuse to buy some old metal dump from the 70's. I'd look into leaving California if I could.

I've made one stupid mistake after another. I could have bought a condo years ago and paid it off by now. Now they are totally out of my price range.
you have to leave the state Remy.. and go live in a much cheaper state where the rents, and taxes are lower... if you don't do it now, when will you mi chica ?.. seriously everything is going up in price every day, your savings will cover nothing at all in a year or 2 , and you'll be stuck for good :(

Oh yeah, I'm certainly free. I can walk down the street.
Me too, one of the pleasures of life. So many are handicapped & can't walk.

I am free to get assaulted by gun or by people,
I am free to get robbed, I am free to be spied on any time of the day on the internet, I am free to get gunned down by a lunatic at any time,
Me too but since I have no control over the actions of others affecting my well being, I do what I can to be alert. Then there is that God has a plan thing. If it's decided it's my time to go then who am I to interfere with the plan?

I am free to watch the news that puts me in perpetual paranoia, I am free to keep fearing world wars coming at any second and there is just so much more!!

Me too only I realize I have no control over what happens outside my home. Since I can't control whatever it might be I don't worry about it.

This is all said with a hint of sarcasm which I'm famous for.

Only sarcasm was about the "plan". I'm free to do whatever I feel like doing as long as it is within the law.

Yes, I feel that I am free in all the things that matter to me. I can live where and how I want, spend my days in any way I choose (within physical and financial boundaries), and above all, vote for the people and ideas I think are right. I can worship in any religion I choose, change to another religion, or practice no official religion at all. It's completely my choice.

If "free" means just doing anything I feel like doing, without any regard for consequences, of course nobody on earth is that free. We would have complete chaos with that kind of "freedom." But staying within the law, and within my own financial limits, sure, I'm free. Probably more so than I would be in most of the world.

I am not free to do anything I might like to but that is not freedom, that is license.
I am free to follow my own conscience and decide what is best and to make important decisions, taking into account how they might affect others.

I feel relatively safe living my life without locking myself inside my personal fortress and I walk unarmed as I go about my daily business, so yes, I suppose I do feel free but more than that, I feel very blessed.

I don't understand not being able to use the word handicapped. I just read JaniceM post. What is not PC about that word?
Wellll, in my opinion, "handicapped" implies a person has some condition that's a disadvantage; whereas the term preferred these days- "disabled" means it's entirely possible for them to anything. Frankly, I don't consider it positive at all.

I feel like I'm free to do what I want to do, but that's probably because nothing I want to do involves leaving the house. 🤣
You and me Ben! I'm sitting here in my freshly cleaned house that will stay that way for hours because no one else is home. I'm eating graham crackers dunked in milk because who starts diets on the last day of the month, and in a few minutes I might just go start a new jigsaw puzzle. I'd like to see 'em try to stop me!

Wellll, in my opinion, "handicapped" implies a person has some condition that's a disadvantage; whereas the term preferred these days- "disabled" means it's entirely possible for them to anything. Frankly, I don't consider it positive at all.
Since my post referred to the ability to walk & handicapped people with no legs can't walk the PC term of disabled while nice just doesn't work as being accurate .

I think handicapped fits this better than the PC term.

A physical disability is a substantial and long-term condition affecting a part of a person's body that impairs and limits their physical functioning, mobility, stamina or dexterity.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify the why of handicapped not being PC

Since my post referred to the ability to walk & handicapped people with no legs can't walk the PC term of disabled while nice just doesn't work as being accurate .

I think handicapped fits this better than the PC term.

A physical disability is a substantial and long-term condition affecting a part of a person's body that impairs and limits their physical functioning, mobility, stamina or dexterity.

Thanks for taking the time to clarify the why of handicapped not being PC
I meant I agree with you.

I don't understand not being able to use the word handicapped. I just read JaniceM post. What is not PC about that word?
precisely, but that's the rules of the woke community.. who incidentally take up arms on behalf of people..like the disabled whether the disabled feel offended by the terms, but even if they do, it only takes one to complain.. and everything gets changed :rolleyes:

Big list here...

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...o-use-and-avoid-when-writing-about-disability

"Do you feel you are free?"

I'm old enough to remember when America was free.
One could think and feel what he wanted, say the words aloud to anyone without reprisal.
One could write what he wanted without being censored , without being demeaned.

Many changes are now due on the earth. We must meet these changes with dignity and courage.
We can't be afraid to stand alone in our beliefs. We must raise the quality of our own thoughts.
We must raise out of the low quality of thought and energy into a higher realm.
This all begins with thought!

If we let one of our Constitutional amendments go under, they will almost all crumble.
It's IMPARATIVE we keep FREEDOM OF SPEECH! These amendments were written by wiser souls than ourselves.
We must keep the freedoms we have left intact. In freedom, we have power.

So glad you came back, Squatting Dog! We need you here!

I miss that talk with my husband. He and I were the only ones who understood our feelings on contentious matters, and could freely have a conversation at home, without fear of any kind of retribution ... no longer sadly
Most conversations where both parties agree on the subject matter make better conversations. If I am in a conversation with a friend, I still watch what I say because there is that thing called trust. I find that sometimes I ask myself “Can I say what I am thinking and not have a third party come to me and tell me that they heard what I said.”

That has happened a few times and I find it somewhat upsetting because now I know that I can’t have an open and honest conversation with that person.

Back