Do you talk to yourself?

I do talk to myself. I also talk to the TV, other drivers, etc. Mostly when I'm expressing "displeasure." :nonchalance::what:

Same here. My story is that "sounding off" by myself is not a sign of being crazy, it is therapeutic... and I'm sticking to it. LOL

LOL, Lon.
I've lived alone many years and seldom use my voice, but......will start to blurt out a swear word when aggravated, stop in the middle of the word and change it to sound like gobble-de-gook.

While watching a T V show I'll say out loud what I think one of the characters is going to say & am often correct. I used to do this while watching T V with my grandson & he'd tell me, "Grandma! Stop it!" lol

Last edited:
OK,I admit that I talk to myself a lot. Of course like most people I do it when I want to have an intelligent discussion, but I also do it at other times. For instance if I burp I say excuse me even though no one else is a round.:D

All the time esp in the grocery store...lol...get alittle strange looks but hey I'm old an I don't care....LOL I do have 3 cats ,but they don't listen to me....an just walk away....I think I ahve always talked to myself but seems since getting older I do it more.....I do have a great neighbor, he an I fix all the problems of the world but no one listens to us either.....it could be worse...an I will leave it at that....it's ok

I do sometimes. I talk to the dogs more than to myself though.

Yep; I used to talk to my little dog all the time. He was a very good listener!! Sadly, we lost him to kidney failure a few months ago and my heart is still broken. I can see his little grave from my kitchen window, so I wander outside daily and still talk to him. There's a hole in my life where he used to be.

I talk about the hereafter. I walk into a room and ask myself "what am I here after".

My wife wanted a dog, but we agreed that neither of us would be willing to walk it now much less in 10 or 12 years. I addressed the issue by getting her an animated chihuahua that runs and barks.

I've just started talking to myself - seems to help just like talking to another person, putting things into words is different from merely thinking - and a lot of what i think I can't really talk to anyone about - but I'm always interested in what I think.

I talk to myself when I'm in a forum. Or maybe I'm tallking to someone who posted something that made me laugh and I'll say
out loud "That's funny.' If Old Mack is within earshot, he'll say "Pardon me, where you talking to me?" No, hun. I'm talking to RadishRose, dontcha know." Or something will get under my skin and I'll cuss at what Im reading.

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud!"
Coco Chanel
French fashion designer
Quoted by Arman Eisen
in Believing in Ourselves 1992

Back