Do you talk to yourself?

You are to us Gary, long may that be the case......:bigwink:

You are to us Gary, long may that be the case......:bigwink:
y'know yer eggin' me on, right?

this place has become my looked forward to evening playground
9Fe2XPN.jpg

and you guys have been very tolerant playmates

thank you, Dawg

When I hear myself talking to my self, it's not me talking, it's the split personality part of me that thinks it's smarter than me. I just wish it would keep its thoughts to itself.

I'm reminded: When I was in my early teens and watching a movie at a movie theater with some friends I'd blurt out what I thought would the next words said by a character on the movie screen. I was so often correct that my friends ended up telling me to shut up. lol As an adult while taking care of my 8 year old grandson here & watching a T V show with him, I did the same thing, which amazed him at first, until I automatically did it so often it frustrated him and he said, "Grandma, stop it!" lol

Now I just do it here all by myself while watching T V or a DVD movie with no one to hear how psychic I am. :D

I've lived by myself for a while now. I had three cats. But one by one, they went. When Fuzzybuddy passed, I was going to get another cat, or 2. But then, my health isn't that great. I'm 71. I can't be lugging 25 lb. bags of litter a round. I'm getting hard of hearing-the TV is super loud. Should I subject an animal to that? So I decided not to get a pet. And then I started to talk to my self-a lot. Do you talk to yourself?

Thank you for being so considerate and worry about the welfare of a future animal. I am a big cat lover myself and worry about what will happen to mine. Hopefully my daughter will still be around and has not abandoned me like many do these days and figure out something.

I usually don't talk to myself, but sometimes I'm remembering something stupid I did or said in my past and mutter, "You're such an IDIOT!"

I talk to myself a lot. If I think of people who have wronged me, my mind goes crazy thinking of things I could have said to that person. I am passive and let people walk all over me. But I am getting cranky in my old age and do sling the mud back. Eventually I know I will quit talking to myself, if I just keep being assertive. A # 1 BITCH.

I talk to myself a lot. If I think of people who have wronged me, my mind goes crazy thinking of things I could have said to that person. I am passive and let people walk all over me. But I am getting cranky in my old age and do sling the mud back. Eventually I know I will quit talking to myself, if I just keep being assertive. A # 1 BITCH.
The way I look at it is this...those people who have wronged you are still winning because they are still eating up your precious time and energy, taking up space inside your heart and mind that you could be filling with something worthwhile that brings you joy. They are still robbing you of your peace. Don't give them that satisfaction. Just be glad you're not them. Pray for them even. But don't join them in being a "bitch" and "mud slinger". Rise above them. You're better than they are.

YES, I agree that you should be professionally assertive where you stand up for yourself in an effectively self-controlled way.

Sometimes (while in bed) I'll "tell" someone that they were a bully to me from childhood on up, stop and change my thoughts to other things, get bored with it all and turn my mind to "Sleep, sleep, sleep......." :) zzzzz

Sometimes while reading a book, I try to guess what the first word on the next page will be when I turn the page.

Many times I'm right.........and that makes me feel SO smart ! Makes me feel so good. LOL

Falcon, that reminds me of what I told here--or some other forum--how as a grade schooler when at a movie with friends I would blurt out what I thought the next actor to speak would say & because I was often correct, my friends finally told me to stop it. lol I did the same while watching a video movie with my grandson & at first he was amazed, but after awhile he got tired of hearing me and said, "Grandma, stop it." :) And I did.

I talked to myself more when I worked than I do now, but I still do talk to myself while I am working on something.

I do talk to myself! What worries me though is that lately I find myself mumbling to myself at the store - trying to remember things I need to buy. I often wonder, if anyone has heard me! Crazy ole lady! LOL

I talk to myself. I'll say something and the thought runs through my mind "At least I don't talk back". Then, I think, "Not yet anyway". The day I start talking back to myself is when I should worry, I guess.

8mmoDju.gif
8mmoDju.gif
8mmoDju.gif

Yes, and I also talk to my cats all the time. They never answer me, aside from the obligatory "Meow," but if any human being ever heard me they'd send for the proverbial "Men in the White Coats."

8mmoDju.gif
8mmoDju.gif
8mmoDju.gif

Yes, and I also talk to my cats all the time. They never answer me, aside from the obligatory "Meow," but if any human being ever heard me they'd send for the proverbial "Men in the White Coats."

I talk to my cats ALL the time, but it's mostly compliments, "You are soooo cute!" They never return the compliment, though.

I talk to my cats ALL the time, but it's mostly compliments, "You are soooo cute!" They never return the compliment, though.

This reminds me of when I'm talking to myself. I'll be just talking away and look at my cat and she is giving me the funniest look. She looks like she thinking, "What's wrong with you woman? Have you lost your mind?" I can't help but to laugh at her.

Back