Five Black Memphis Tn. Police Officers Alleged To Have Beat Black Motorist For Reckless Driving

The last time I looked, cops were human beings. That kind of leaves the field open for anything between saints and demons.
and, as "my kid the cop" has said numerous times in recent years, some should not have been given a badge in the first place. (although using more raw vocabulary than I do).

'We're going to see acts in the bodycam that defy humanity': Memphis top cop warns fatal traffic stop beating of Tyre Nichols by five 'amped up' cops was 'worse than Rodney King' - and he wasn't driving recklessly - as footage is released TODAY​

The Memphis Police Chief has warned that footage of five officers beating Tyre Nichols to death is worse than that of Rodney King.
King was brutally attacked by LAPD officers in 1991, with their acquittal the following year sparking one of the worst race riots in US history.
Tyre, 29, died in hospital on January 10, three days after five officers viciously beat him during a traffic stop.

Footage of the incident will be uploaded to YouTube by the police department at 7pm EST – with authorities bracing for widespread protests.
Memphis Police Chief Cerelyn Davis said the footage is the worst she has witnessed in her career.
'We are going to see acts that defy humanity, a disregard for life, duty of care and a level of physical interaction that is above and beyond what is required in law enforcement,' she said Friday morning.
Four of the five Memphis Police officers charged in the death of Tyre have been released on a combined $1million bond after being arrested yesterday.

Justin Smith, Desmond Mills Jr, Emmitt Martin III and Tadarrius Bean were released from Shelby County Jail, according to court records.

Demetrius Haley is still in jail with a $350,000 bond after all five were charged with second-degree murder, aggravated assault, two counts of aggravated kidnapping, two counts of official misconduct, and official oppression.

Shelby County District attorney Steve Mutlroy said Tyre was left 'bloody and bruised' after he was pepper sprayed and beaten just yards from his home.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation conducted an independent investigation into the use of force by Memphis police.

All five were fired last Friday for violation of police, with City officials saying they were notified on January 15.

Davis said the cops were 'amped up' when they stopped Tyre, with two of the officers from a special team designed to stop street crime.

“I was outraged. It was incomprehensible to me. It was unconscionable... I don't think I've witnessed anything of that nature my entire career.”

Memphis Police Chief tells @donlemon officers “absolutely” did everything wrong in their arrest of Tyre Nichols pic.twitter.com/7GHZLpZU4M

67035797-11683745-image-a-16_1674823996208.jpg
Scumbags!!!

The elephant in the room is. When will the Black Lives Matter marches & rioting begin ?
The family have asked that any demonstrations be peaceful.
They have praised the police department for their swift action.

Something is very amiss with police culture that this kind of barbarity keeps happening.
This event should not go unnoticed just because the police involved were people of colour.

It probably sounds like a crazy comment to make.. but when I look at these attackers.. for that's what they are,.. they're not law enforcers in my mind.. but when I see them, they don't look evil.

Probably with the exception of one, they all look like they are regular guys, kind eyes.. somebodys' sons...

How freakin' wrong could I be... ??

I am pretty much packed and ready to go. Just as well as this tragic incident has polarized a fair number of residents not only here "Which is nowhere near Memphis" but in Fort Lauderdale and basically I have been tired of the BS anyway. Also Erin is not responding to psychotherapy as well as expected. I call her dilemma the "Ghost syndrome". If nothing else I've learned that she, Stinky, and others like us were born as GOD intended us to be. No more, no less. Anyway Luv you guys and goils.

www.wate.com/news/officer-in-tyre-nichols-case-beat-inmate-unconscious-in-2016-lawsuit-claims/

A fact not widely known:
Many people seek careers in medicine & law enforcement because they enjoy seeing people suffer.
If they don't see enough, they're more than willing to create their own; as we've seen with some doctors. (I posted previously about an experience with such a dentist).
Some police officers are also drawn to the profession to seek opportunities to assert their manhood through brutality.
Maybe these 5 can get the cell next to Derek Chauvin & compare notes.

A fact not widely known:
Many people seek careers in medicine & law enforcement because they enjoy seeing people suffer.
If they don't see enough, they're more than willing to create their own; as we've seen with some doctors. (I posted previously about an experience with such a dentist).
Some police officers are also drawn to the profession to seek opportunities to assert their manhood through brutality.
Maybe these 5 can get the cell next to Derek Chauvin & compare notes.
this may be True, Win.. and I'm sure you're right.. but how do as many of 5 of them find each other ?

One nurse ( we have an ongoing case here in the UK of the killer nurse).. One doctor.. one copper.even 2...but 5... how many bad cops must there be.... for 5 evil Bees.. to being working together in the same Squad ?

Last edited:
this made be True, Win.. and I'm sure you're right.. but how do as many of 5 of them find each other ?

One nurse ( we have an ongoing case here in the UK of the killer nurse).. One doctor.. one copper.even 2...but 5... how many bad cops must there be.... for 5 evil Bees.. to being working together in the same Squad ?
I've overheard conversations among such cops when I worked in retail firearms & instruction. The ones who enjoy brutality find each other & become great pals. Really eye opening.
Three of them will be chatting about their arrests. The conversation goes something like this:
"Well, I had a good one last week; a n---er argued with me & I ordered him out of the car. He kept runnin' his mouth. I told him to shut up or he'll get 6 inches of night stick down his throat. When he got out of the car, I stuck my night stick in his belly. You shoulda seen him puke his whole lunch out.....I could tell what he had."
All 3 cops laugh hysterically.
So, I'm not the least bit surprised when these things happen. Unless it's as blatant as these 5 or Derek Chauvin or Rodney King, & unless they kill someone, the city just pays out, the cops are put on paid suspension for a few days (known as paid vacation).

The second part of the video. After several kicks to the head, one officer holds (half conscious) Tyre up while another beats him with batons & fists. Makes the Rodney King video seem tame by comparison.
"Second Degree Murder?" Looks more like they planned to beat him to death from the beginning.
And street cameras showed he WASN'T driving recklessly, which means cops fabricated a reason to stop him.
Yeah, "He ran from cops." Of course he ran; after he realized what they were up to from the beginning.

I just watched the Video.. Dear God, I wish I hadn't. These police were like wild pack animals!! I hope they go down for life!!...for sure it'll be the last time they ever win a fight in their lives!
They'll never get life. That's probably why they were charged with Second Degree. First Degree would make them eligible for a life sentence with or without parole.
There is a lot of leeway with 1st, 2nd & 3rd degree. And 1st degree is difficult to prove.
https://manshoorylaw.com/blog/difference-between-1st-2nd-and-3rd-degree-murders/

Back