Football Season

Back on topic. Back when I followed football Green Bay was my favorite team. But it's been a while. Is Bart Starr still quarterbacking for them?

I have actually met Bart Starr. We had a large resort here,owned by the Plumber`s Union,and they used to have concerts with big name bands and many other types of events. One was an annual Quarterback Shootout golf tournament. Many quarterbacks,as well as other football players participated. We met Bart Starr, Joe Montana(although I already knew him because he live down the street from us and our daughter babysat his kids) Dwight Clark, Bubba Paris(he held my then four month old (fat) grandson in the palm of his hand and held him up over his head) and many others. It was always a fun event. Resort closed down about ten years ago due to a huge lawsuit but has been purchased recently and will reopen soon.

Was a huge 49er fan but nowadays I am more a high school and college football fan. Here we were yesterday at grandson Alex`s game. He is the QB on his college team.Alex game.jpgAlex game.jpg

Not sure why the pic posted twice lol. Forgot to mention something about Bart Starr. All day,every time he would see a kid with his cap on backwards,he would turn it around for them and tell them that that was the proper way to wear a cap-that only thugs wear it backwards. Not true,of course,but that was his opinion.

Not sure why the pic posted twice lol. Forgot to mention something about Bart Starr. All day,every time he would see a kid with his cap on backwards,he would turn it around for them and tell them that that was the proper way to wear a cap-that only thugs wear it backwards. Not true,of course,but that was his opinion.

Lucky you @Mrs. Robinson ..... very nice picture! ... and I bet you are proud of your grandson. ..what's his school?

Last edited:
Lucky you @Mrs. Robinson ..... very nice picture! ... and I bet you are proud of your grandson. ..what's his school?

We are very proud of this guy. Mature beyond his years and just a great kid. Wants to go into either sports physical therapy or possibly sports broadcasting. Sports are his life and have been since he was four years old. He currently attends College of the Redwoods in Eureka,CA-it`s a junior college but not sure yet where he will transfer next year. Close by,we hope!

Heh, I didn't know about the wedding. I won't see it though, as half-time is when I do other things away from the TV. Superbowl halftimes are the worst.

My prediction: Today's game will start off well, but The Brady Machine will have it pretty well wrapped-up by halftime.
Much to my dismay, "The Brady Machine' seemed to be missing on a few cylinders today although it may have been due to the top flight defense put up by the Bills. Pats had no passing OR running game today. Their defense, as in the first 3 games this year, kept them in the game. If not for that helmet to helmet hit on Josh Allen, the Bills might have pulled it out.

I live in the Cleveland area and we have the Browns for a team. I have not watched football because I really haven't understood the game but I figure if I watch I may discover what they are doing and why...:) I don't know if we have a good team this year or not but will see.

You've got my college quarterback. Watch him, though cause., He'll do you, he'll do me, h's got that kind of loving ...

Much to my dismay, "The Brady Machine' seemed to be missing on a few cylinders today although it may have been due to the top flight defense put up by the Bills. Pats had no passing OR running game today. Their defense, as in the first 3 games this year, kept them in the game. If not for that helmet to helmet hit on Josh Allen, the Bills might have pulled it out.

Yes, the Bills' defense was alive and well today. Brady looked confused and/or concerned much of the time.

That was a dirty hit on Josh, and I can't believe the NE guy didn't get ejected. The zebras said something like it wasn't bad enough for that. Heh, well Josh is out on concussion protocol for an undetermined amount of time.

Week 5 of the 2019 season:

Tonight's Thursday Nite Football (10/03) is big for all the NFC West fans: The LA Rams and the Seattle Seahawks battle it out in Seattle. Can Goff get on track and will Russell Wilson ever get some OL protection?

And Sunday we'll see the Niners vs the Browns. Can Baker Mayfield and Odell Beckham beat Jimmy Garopollo and Matt Breida? Can Nick Bosa keep up his Best Defensive Rookie rep?

Who will win the Ravens vs Steelers game? It really looks like a toss-up.

For that matter, who will win the Packers vs Cowboys game?!?

We can all be pretty sure the Chiefs will smash the Colts and the Patriots will stomp on the Redskins, however. There is still some things in the world we can depend on.....that is, unless the Colts arrive stompin' and snortin' to avenge their unexpected loss last week to the Raiders, of all teams.

The Rams lost big to the Bucs and Cleveland ran up 55 points to beat the Purple Birds so we never know what will happen. I pity Washington. As a life long Colts fan I am not looking forward to the Chiefs attacking the porous Colts zone pass defense.

The Rams lost big to the Bucs and Cleveland ran up 55 points to beat the Purple Birds so we never know what will happen. I pity Washington. As a life long Colts fan I am not looking forward to the Chiefs attacking the porous Colts zone pass defense.

Mahomes is the next Brady.

I can't wait to watch him tomorrow night -- first time KC has been available for me this season. :)

Yes, I think so!

I think Mahomes -- more so than Brady -- just makes it look so easy. Passing and connecting seems as natural to him as breathing.

Or it's like watching someone play an instrument who has completely mastered it -- they make it look easy. Trust me, it ain't! -- I've been trying to "master" the guitar for 45 years and I'm not quite there yet, lol.

Colts beat the Chiefs t Arrow Head !!!!

Not a good day for Kansas City.

However, Deshaun Watson, QB of the Texans, put on a show yesterday. He could do no wrong.... he is making history.....
He is the third player in the Super Bowl era with 400 passing yards, five passing touchdowns, and a perfect passer rating in a game. He is also the first player in NFL history to throw for more than 400 yards and five touchdowns with five or fewer incompletions in a single game.

Read more: https://www.tigernet.com/update/Deshaun-Watson-makes-NFL-history-in-53-32-win-33890#ixzz61fmC3oxm

Last edited:
I only watched the first quarter of the Chiefs - Colts game and thought it would be a run-away for the Chiefs. Mahomes was apparently unstoppable. I have the game recorded and can watch the rest today but evidently the Colts stiffed Mahomes for the rest of the game.

Back