Football Season

baseball for a moment, but I've never forgiven the Braves fro leaving Boston in 1953, Bad deal!
Dodgers moving was heartbreaker
Giants move to SF before that, they stopped to soon, needed to keep traveling west to middle of Pacific, see if they could swim to China.
Just because Barry Bonds could not get a five gallon bucket over his head, does not necessarily mean he was sucking drugs at every opportunity-
nah, you think.
Tx. Rangers ballpark, about 25 years old, threated city of Arlington, tx...You don't build us a new stadium we will move...Rangers move into new ballpark next year-it doesn't stop!

Jerry G. stated, "Tx. Rangers ballpark, about 25 years old, threatened city of Arlington, tx...You don't build us a new stadium we will move...Rangers move into new ballpark next year-it doesn't stop!

In contrast, the Boston Red Sox's Fenway Park has been in operation for 107 years and at this time, there's no move to replace it. Makes you wonder??

Jerry G. stated, "Tx. Rangers ballpark, about 25 years old, threatened city of Arlington, tx...You don't build us a new stadium we will move...Rangers move into new ballpark next year-it doesn't stop!
Did you know the Rangers are building another new stadium?? It will be done in Feb.2020..This one will be an indoor stadium!! That will make #3
globelife17955.jpg

Dave A and Ken N Tx
Fenway Park is kind of special, When Yawkey owned the sox he only demanded that they finish in the first division (back in the day when there were eight teams in AL, and 'let's keep Ted (Williams) happy.
He was the Jerry Jones of his day, 'like to rub shoulders with his players.'
They had a rivalry with Yanks even back in the 50's (Why- 'The Curse')

In NL it was a given that the Pirates or Cubs would finish in last place.

In the 80's (???) watched a World Series game in a driving rain. Baseball in a rain storm!!! That's when I realized TV ruled all Pro games.
You'll remember that game? Think it was Red Sox, not sure. Do you remember Sox demanded Yaz win important games.

Getting back to thread, down here we make fun of Jerry Jones, the media slut, but he is a shrewd business man, though he does have
a blind spot. Cowboy coaches can do anything they want to, as long as it agrees with Jerry's opinions.
I've asked fellow fans, 'Just what is it that (the head coach) that Jason Garrett does?)
"Don't know?"

Cowboy coaches can do anything they want to, as long as it agrees with Jerry's opinions.
I've asked fellow fans, 'Just what is it that (the head coach) that Jason Garrett does?)
"Don't know?"

Many people across the country have wondered that, as well. :LOL:

He makes a few facial expressions and gestures, but very noncomittal-appearring ones, lest they MIGHT not agree with the sentiments of....you-know-who? :ROFLMAO:

Okay folks:
It is time for predictions, you don't have to go into detail (unless you want to), just tell us who's going to win.
You can post college games if you want to.
Alabaman
Clemson
Ohio State
(Pen State, maybe...they never get the credit they deserve)
I don't even know their opponents, but they will win.

I don't know the college teams,
but in the NFL, the Bills are likely to win over the Dolphins,
on Sunday, and I think we have a few Buffalo Bill fans, or potential Bills fans, here, from western NY State ;)

Oh, for college teams, probably Auburn will win....against whoever they play. :D

I've been watching the MLB games this week, mainly the Astros vs the Yankees ... hoping the Astros get to take on the Nationals in the World Series.

College Football teams I always follow are Ohio State (my school) and LSU ... thinking they will both win their games this week.. OSU plays tonight.
Wisconsin should win, and of course, Alabama will win! ...and Clemson too.

Sunday ... lets see.... Patriots beat whoever they are playing ...lol . (they are playing the Jets in NY on Monday Night) .. I need to check ESPN for the schedule. I predict the Colts will upset the Texans locally.

Pollster are determined to rand LSU #1, 'Bama must not stumble.
Think Rams are playing Atlanta currently in a coma, but they mar arise
Bills should win in a wall; however, Dolphins beat Dallas last week, in a fluke
49's walk all over 'skins
DaveA tell us about the Ram's DB they traded 2 # 1's and more for. I know of him, but that's about all

Week 7 my predictions NFL 2019

Monday Night, Patriots @Jets. Pats are having offensive issues and the Jets are energized with QB Sam Darnold's return. Might be closer than expected with the Jets' 1-4 record, but expect NE to hold on.

Ravens @Seahawks. Unless QB Russell Wilson gets hurt, no contest. Seattle's D is vulnerable these days (many thanks to GM John Schneider, who wrecked the Niners with his lousy picks before departing to destroy the Seahawks from within) but Wilson is having yet another stellar year. He has NO interceptions yet in 2019; leads the NFL in 10.5 adjusted yards per pass attempt, PLUS has three rushing touchdowns so far. Ravens QB Lamar Jackson is very good, but inconsistent. And he has never experienced Seattle's Safeco Field, which is one of the three most difficult stadiums for opponents.

Texans @Colts. Experts rate this a toss-up. The Colts probably surprised even their fans when they won @kansas City. Coming off a bye week, can they do it again vs the Texans? I have to side with those voting for the Texans.

49ers @Redskins. Redskins suffer under one of the worst owners in football, who is too busy flaunting his mega-yacht to care about silly things like defensive linemen and "who's the QB this week?" questions. Jay Gruden got fired but that won't help. The Niners are finally responding to THEIR terrible owners, the Yorks, finally deciding after 15 yrs to keep their grubby little egotistical hands off football operations that they know nothing about and were incapable of ever learning. With a GM (John Lynch, just elected to Canton's Hall of Fame this year), HC Kyle Shanahan, and DC Robert Saleh, all of whom actually DO know football and how to manage operations, improvements are visible just as the Rams are stumbling with post-Super Bowl malaise, an inevitable affliction which infects every team that appears in any SB, except the team Bill Belichick coaches.

The Niners still lack depth and Garopollo has the equivalent of second year shakes (despite 6 yrs in the league his record is a total 14-2, I believe). But the Niners D should hold up for the win.

Eagles @Cowboys. Another toughie to call. The Cowboys should win, but we've been saying that for three weeks in a row. Flip a coin and don't bet more than you can afford to lose. Jerry Jones has probably been permanently hexed by a voodoo-wielding Jimmy Johnson, and deservedly so.

Raiders @Packers. I love my Raiders as much as I love my Niners, but I have to give this one to the Pack (who were for many years my team of choice under Lombardi). Raiders are in the middle of the toughest road trip of any team – a full 6 weeks away from home. And against a tough team in a stadium where Oakland has lost every time? That's stretching luck, and player enthusiasm, too far. I just can't go there, although I'd love to be wrong because I already think they may lose to Houston in week 8.

Vikings @Lions. Vikings are hot and Lions are not. Home field advantage goes to the Lions, but the Vikes know they have to keep pace with Green Bay. Emotional edge to Vikings.

Rams @Falcons. The Rams now have Jalen Ramsey, who is suddenly 100% healthy. It's a miracle! The Falcons have no defense. With Todd Gurley scheduled back, Rams QB Jared Goff's path is suddenly full of sunshine and flower petals, instead of 275-lb. linemen smashing him facedown into the grass.

No fun to watch (for anyone but diehard fans):

Dolphins @Bills.
No one could seriously doubt the outcome of this. The Dolphins will be 0-6 after this one. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is possibly even worse than Redskins owner Daniel Snyder. If I were Alabama’s star quarterback Tua Tagovailoa, rated the #1 prospect for the next draft, I'd refuse to play for Miami and force a trade elsewhere.

Jaguars @Bengals.
Bengals are 0-6. Jaguars aren't that good, but they are better than these declawed puddy tats, unfortunately for Cinncinnati fans.

Chargers @Titans. Hard to believe Tannehill is the Titans savior that Mariota supposedly is not. One would think better players around Marcus would have helped, LOL. Chargers QB Rivers is having a tough year, and as he goes, so do the Chargers. Another toss-up.

Cardinals @Giants. AZ has rookie QB Kyler Murray but no defense to back him up. NY's rookie QB Daniel Jones will be throwing to Saquon Barkley and Evan Engram, who are both back this week. If he can get it to them, the Giants should win.

Thursday: KC beat Denver....
But they lost Mahomes to a dislocated (right) kneecap, along with that gimpy (left) ankle that was hobbling him anyway. They won the battle, but may have lost the war. Mahomes is out at least 3 weeks, maybe more. Matt Moore is a capable backup, but the next two games are toughies: Green Bay and then Minnesota. After that it's easier: the Titans, the Chargers, and a week 12 bye.

Informative and funny, Lethe200 (y)

Thanks for all the food for thought!

I wonder how Detroit will play, after their last game experience went awry.

I agree that I don't think the Colts can be consistent. So I'm with you ;leaning toward Houston, although their consistency has not been stellar, either. ;)
Flipping coins on that one too, I guess, as you suggested doing for Dallas/Eagles, but wait, have the Eagles won any games this year?

Week 7 Predictions
Bills over Dolphins
Rams over Falcons
Vikings over Lions
Packers over Raiders
49ers over Redskins
Jaguars over Bengals
Texans over Colts
Giants over Cardinals
Chargers over Titans
Seahawks over Ravens
Saints over Bears
Eagles over Cowboys
Patriots over Jets

Silverfox:
Okay, agree NOW pick the upsets?
First-what happened to Falcons, there appear to like being in the dumpster.
(I'm real weak on Jag, Panthers, just don't seem to care)

College ball: SMU ranked 20 something, when did they get the Deatyj Penalty? There a division II school, once Sassy, thirty years in dumpster
modified their ambitions.

Watching LSU vs Miss State, man they have some rabid fans.
Did you see ILL. win by one point over Wisconsin?

Upsets: Colts might jump & up beat Houston, Lions vs Vikes, divisional game always potential for upsets
If Cards fall down, have coma, an event not uncommon in NFL Giants maybe, Naw, Giants are just crummy
I'm glad I;m not an odds predictor.

Silverfox:
Okay, agree NOW pick the upsets?
First-what happened to Falcons, there appear to like being in the dumpster.
(I'm real weak on Jag, Panthers, just don't seem to care)

College ball: SMU ranked 20 something, when did they get the Deatyj Penalty? There a division II school, once Sassy, thirty years in dumpster
modified their ambitions.

Watching LSU vs Miss State, man they have some rabid fans.
Did you see ILL. win by one point over Wisconsin?

Upsets: Colts might jump & up beat Houston, Lions vs Vikes, divisional game always potential for upsets
If Cards fall down, have coma, an event not uncommon in NFL Giants maybe, Naw, Giants are just crummy
I'm glad I;m not an odds predictor.
Okay, one that might upset is the Colts over the Texans. Lions over the Vikings could also be an upset.

Lions over the Vikings could also be an upset.

Before I read most of these posts, today, I was going to say I would pick Lions as upset win over Minn.:LOL:

And possibly Phil over Dallas as another possible upset win.

And Houston VS Colts... was going to be my "game time decision" :LOL:

Joe Burrows might be the next Tom Brady?

They said THAT?! :oops:
I watched parts of it, on and off, was not feeling well, but now that you told me that, I WOULD have tried harder to watch more of it.:D

Welcome to Silverfox!:)

Panthers have Bye week off; it's Cinn Bengals vs Jax, which I agree does not seem of interest. I don't know why QB Dalton cant play any better for Cinn.

The Bills having their best season in a long time, eh?

Before I read most of these posts, today, I was going to say I would pick Lions as upset win over Minn.:LOL:

And possibly Phil over Dallas as another possible upset win.

And Houston VS Colts... was going to be my "game time decision" :LOL:

They said THAT?! :oops:
I watched parts of it, on and off, was not feeling well, but now that you told me that, I WOULD have tried harder to watch more of it.:D

Welcome to Silverfox!:)

Panthers have Bye week off; it's Cinn Bengals vs Jax, which I agree does not seem of interest. I don't know why QB Dalton cant play any better for Cinn.

The Bills having their best season in a long time, eh?
Bills are going to push the Patriots for the division. 😲

Hi Silverfox. You might be right. Looking at the up-coming Bills schedule, it looks pretty soft. Actually so do the Pats although they do have the Chiefs (tough if Mahomes is back) and Texans in December and there's always the face to face with the Bills.

The Pats have looked good defensively but their offensive line is awful. Brady's being sacked regularly and the running game goes nowhere. Their defense is tops at the moment and has been carrying them since the season started. They've also lost Gostowski so field goals and PATs aren't guaranteed anymore.

Time will tell but I also wouldn't count the Bills out at this point.

Week 7 Predictions
Bills over Dolphins

Do they show the Bills games on tv, in your area?
Or do you prefer to watch movies, anyway, and just root for them without seeing all those hard hits?;)

With no Patriots game today, they are not showing the Bills-Miami game, in New England, today, even though it's our division. Instead they are showing Packers/ Oakland .
Aaron Rodgers is not our favorite "#12" around here. :LOL:

Back