Football Season

Do they show the Bills games on tv, in your area?
Or do you prefer to watch movies, anyway, and just root for them without seeing all those hard hits?;)

With no Patriots game today, they are not showing the Bills-Miami game, in New England, today, even though it's our division. Instead they are showing Packers/ Oakland .
Aaron Rodgers is not our favorite "#12" around here. :LOL:
They do show the Bills games in my area. I am approximately 2 and a half hours away from Buffalo. I usually don't watch the games. I just see what the score is when it is over. I am more into watching old movies or old TV shows.

Bills are ahead, so far.
That's so surprising! Over the present version of the Dolphins :LOL:

Arizona is crushing the Giants, which is a bit surprising. I do not know how they accomplished that, but there's most of the game left to play. :ROFLMAO:
Packers are slightly ahead of Oakland. No surprise there. ;)

Detroit is ahead of Minn, so i would like to point out that is my upset pick. :)
Though I'd better not gloat, so early in the game!
:rolleyes::LOL:

I think Colts vs Houston might have been the more interesting of these 1p.m. match-ups,
but they didn't choose it to show us.

not sure a nationwide audience wants to watch anyone play the Dolphins this season !!!

Hi, Dave!
I agree(y)

but I thought perhaps they might show it regionally, to New England since they are in the division, and I thought it might be a closer contest than expected, which it has been. They do often show Bills games.

Also I thought that Pats fans might want to watch their upcoming and division opponents, to get some specific tips to send to Coach, who I am sure wants and needs the advice on his game planning . :ROFLMAO:

Well, I was correct I think, that the Colts /Houston match-up might have been one of the more interesting. Colts ahead in 4th quarter, with the young QB Brissett, having thrown for 4 TD's. Plus, that is in the same conference, and the Packers game is not, and is the expected type of game...not sure national audience wants to watch Oakland, either. :LOL:

One of the Houston fans, had "warned" us , earlier in this thread,
that Houston Texans NFL teams, always fade out, and that has been happening ever since it was foreseen, here in our forum!:oops:
Therefore, I was not as surprised as I would have been, that the Colts have gained on them, in that division, by winning against them, today. :LOL:

However, the Houston fans have their baseball team going to the World Series. ;)

The Saints have been playing surprisingly well, with the back-up QB Bridgewater, ever since Drew Brees injury. I think Brees is expected back, during this season, though.

Watching Bears/Saints game. .. Go Bears

Saw the Aaron Rogers interview after the GB game. Always liked him (y) ... and they did good today, but noticed how time is catching up with him. He even mentioned how he can't do the Lambeau Leap anymore ...:(

Yes, Houston isn't staying consistent in the way they play(n). .way too many penalties today > 'fire the coach' lol ..
Colts are plowing teams down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And... YES! ... The World Series starts here (Houston) on Tuesday Nite ... Go Stros!

Trubisky threw for a TD in the last moments of the game. I don't know about earlier as I only watched the last few minutes.

Pats let both Garopolo AND Brissett go?? Foolish. No matter how good he's been, Brady's not going to last forever and IMHO is showing his age this year. He never was very mobile and this season he's becoming immobile and with a porous offensive line that can be deadly.

That LSU qb is a senior yes? He may be worth two Number 1 draft choices. Bet Patriots are more than interested.
Mayfield is better than expected, Cleveland just appears confuse on how to go about winning. Bengals also forget how to win.

Cowboys jumping off to lead-bad, when they do well in first half, tend to flop in second half.

First half:
Cowboys play a better than decent game; Eagles were determined to lay the ball on the ground.
(Eagles determined to play Wentz, I thought Nick Folts (sp ?) was the guy that would win games, he is long gone.
Boy's aren't that good, Eagles are not that bad, the 2nd game, in Philly should be a head knocker.

Hell fire and damation,, missed second half, tornados were skipping around...Got my pillows, placed them in bathtub, waited, listed for roar.
power went out. Tornados scare the poo out of me, especially, when you sitting in the dark-waiting.

That LSU qb is a senior yes? He may be worth two Number 1 draft choices. Bet Patriots are more than interested.
Mayfield is better than expected, Cleveland just appears confuse on how to go about winning. Bengals also forget how to win.

Yes, Joe Burrow is a senior at LSU, and has quite the resume. .. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Burrow

iu

I sure hope that young Sam Darnold, the Jets QB never has another game like tonight's. I think he was "picked" 4 times and fumbled once. A 33-0 Patriots romp. Again, their (the Pats) offensive line was weak but the defense carried them. The Pats have so many injuries that they had a linebacker playing fullback on some running plays and twice released Ben Watson back at tight end.

It looked to me that Tom Brady was not AS immobile and hobbled-appearing, as he had been in the previous couple of games.

I suspect that he got so many sacks and was all banged up in those recently past games.
I know he is mostly not mobile anyway, but I do think it appeared that the extra few days to rehab and to rest, between the last two games, had helped him, for most of last night's Monday game.

And most of the time, he got rid of the football sooner, last night, than holding on to it too long, as in previous 2, so I think that helped the overall offense and team.

The defense was on the field a LOT shorter amount of time, last night, than it had been in previous games, and it was on the field a LOT less than the offense was, last night,
so this game did not lean AS heaviliy on the defense, as the previous ones had, in my own opinion.

Except that, of course, that super defense, held the opponents back, :oops:and caused all those fumbles, interceptions and other turnovers, and the Pats defense again stopped many 1st downs/touchdowns, and even scored points,
SO YES, :LOL:
the defense is leading the way, for the Pats, this year. :ROFLMAO:

It just seemed to me, that the offense did do better, in that game.

Baltimore will present a bigger challenge for the Pats, though.

Back