For those vaccinated for covid 19, a question.

I'm currently reading Daniel Defoe's "A Journal of the Plague Year." Written in 1722 about the last big London plague in 1665.

It's amazing how little has changed in over 300 years. People forced to board up their houses and stay in. Some hating it so much they bust out and run. People hoarding food and voluntarily staying in. Unprepared local government. Poor people going hungry. Hospitals and grave yards overcrowded. Quacks with remedies and other scam artists with magic amulets making a fortune.

What amazed me most was they still had bullies who would watch people going to church to pray and mock them or walk going behind those who were grieving for their loved ones and jeer.

It seems like for the most part these things bring people together but there is always an element for whom it just brings out the worst.

Honestly I don't know what the big deal is. mRNA tells your DNA how to make specific proteins. It's highlighted in this article. If you read the entire thing it tells you all this. I don't understand why people are so frightened of a shot for crying out loud. It says it gets flushed from your system once the whole thing is done. Why is everyone so scared of it? Media. That's why.

Some people don't want the risks due to other health issues. I totally get that. But for those who don't want it just out of sheer fear...you are the same ones that gave us grief for doing the right thing and calling us sheep. It's a shot. Just like all the other vaccines you all do or don't take. It's not nearly the big deal it's being made out to be.

How the New mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines Work | CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.

The polio vaccine was a heroic effort to prevent polio.
There is nothing heroic about big pharma today, not to mention big business, government, ngos. I remind you of the infamous lobotomy, China's antifreeze-in-the-toothpaste caper, and their covid antics.
First, Do No Harm: The US Sexually Transmitted Disease Experiments in Guatemala
Just my opinion, please excuse. I am very lonely in my opinions.
Just don't let your loneliness carry you away in hysteria. It is important to remain sane.

It seems like for the most part these things bring people together but there is always an element for whom it just brings out the worst
One of the 'good' things that have come out of the pandemic has been the growing realization of just how misused and abused the internet and social media is. It sort of mirrors Mr. Defoe's book that you mentioned. It is good, I think, that we are getting some perspective of the meaning of so much of what tech has brought us. Nothing really new about the human condition and frame of mind of people then and now.

lol - so your response is a bunch of youtube videos? Now, that's funny. So basically, you got nothing. No need to respond further.

Have a nice day.

Wow, you and your buddy againstthegrain seem to like belittling others on this forum, going thread to thread. What motivates you to do that?

It is interesting to see so many people influenced not by personal experience, not by actual data, but by what they've read on Social Media. If a more serious virus reaches a pandemic level, I think I know which herd will be wiped out first.

Wow, you and your buddy againstthegrain seem to like belittling others on this forum, going thread to thread. What motivates you to do that?

It is interesting to see so many people influenced not by personal experience, not by actual data, but by what they've read on Social Media. If a more serious virus reaches a pandemic level, I think I know which herd will be wiped out first.
At this juncture, this is the kind of thinking that worries me. Getting down to basics, we are all human so we are all fundamentally the same. There really is no "this herd" or "that herd". We're all one herd. When we start to view it that way maybe something will change for the better.

Dude.

I posted 3 links to 3 different lecture series that include thorough discussions about these studies and their findings. I posted the names of the journals that published them, named some of the universities that conducted them, and named 3 of the doctors who posted lectures about them.

You ignored all of that.

I am quite satisfied that you have no argument, you're just lazy.
Dude? A lecture is just someone's opinion, not a valid research effort, Names of journals, names of doctors, etc, are not a substitute for a link to a peer reviewed, scientific study. I ignore all that because it is irrelevant. You have nothing to back up your claims, and you just keep proving it. And at this point, nothing you would supply will have any credibility.

You are correct in that I don't have an argument. I don't want one. All I have done is point out that you cannot backup your outrageous claim about deaths from the vaxx.

And once you stoop to name calling, that's a clear sign that you know you have failed.

Dude? A lecture is just someone's opinion, not a valid research effort, Names of journals, names of doctors, etc, are not a substitute for a link to a peer reviewed, scientific study. I ignore all that because it is irrelevant. You have nothing to back up your claims, and you just keep proving it. And at this point, nothing you would supply will have any credibility.

You are correct in that I don't have an argument. I don't want one. All I have done is point out that you cannot backup your outrageous claim about deaths from the vaxx.

And once you stoop to name calling, that's a clear sign that you know you have failed.
The lectures are about specific studies, and I don't think I could have made that more clear. They include the names of the studies, where and how they were conducted, names of the publishers, researchers, and contributors, some include data in graphs as well as words and some mention or link to comparable studies.

Most of them go back at least 6 months, some as far back as a year, some are more recent.

Causes of death include embolism, heart failure, and liver and/or kidney failure.

Good luck.

Last edited:
At this juncture, this is the kind of thinking that worries me. Getting down to basics, we are all human so we are all fundamentally the same. There really is no "this herd" or "that herd". We're all one herd. When we start to view it that way maybe something will change for the better.

Community, and the idea of it, has changed over our lifetimes. I grew up on a street where everyone knew everyone else. I could name the families from my own to the end of the street, 12 homes. My mother would have coffee mornings where the mothers would get together and gossip. The kids would visit other families and so on. Today? Too many people don't even know the name of the people next door.

Instead there's this weird nationalism, which isn't even consistent. So someone will proclaim to love their nation, but hate all its institutions, half of the population, and "where we're heading". It's crazy. Covid showed the division in stark contrast. Have the vaccine or not, that's up to the individual, but it didn't end there. Those who took the vaccine had to be belittled, attacked, and associated with various farm animals.

It's where we are as a species. Things tend to go full circle, but we'll be long gone before communities come together again, imo.

there's this weird nationalism, which isn't even consistent. So someone will proclaim to love their nation, but hate all its institutions, half of the population, and "where we're heading". It's crazy.
Can't one honorably love one's nation, yet deplore the corruption of our institutions and the 'going along to get along' of half our population, and the direction we're headed, which is communism?

I'm currently reading Daniel Defoe's "A Journal of the Plague Year." Written in 1722 about the last big London plague in 1665.

It's amazing how little has changed in over 300 years. People forced to board up their houses and stay in. Some hating it so much they bust out and run. People hoarding food and voluntarily staying in. Unprepared local government. Poor people going hungry. Hospitals and grave yards overcrowded. Quacks with remedies and other scam artists with magic amulets making a fortune.

What amazed me most was they still had bullies who would watch people going to church to pray and mock them or walk going behind those who were grieving for their loved ones and jeer.

It seems like for the most part these things bring people together but there is always an element for whom it just brings out the worst.
Human nature is a constant. For a more recent comparison, look at old news articles about the "Spanish Flu" epidemic of 1918. Photos show some folks wearing masks, and some folks ignoring masks. Part of my family's oral history is that my paternal grandfather lost his first wife and their child during that epidemic, although I have not been able to verify that via records.
Spanish Flu

And of course, prior to that we had the Typhoid Epidemic in 1900/1904, and the infamous "Typhoid Mary".
Typhoid Mary

Can't one honorably love one's nation, yet deplore the corruption of our institutions and the 'going along to get along' of half our population, and the direction we're headed, which is communism?

I don't think the US is heading anywhere near communism, but that's an aside.

I guess there are many shades of grey, but I do wonder just what it is about the nation these people love. Apparently it's some fictional America. The country would never have been great if not for the institutions, laws, and of course the Constitution. Still, my record of discussing anything remotely political on here is pretty poor, so I'll say no more.

Like - I love my country but hate my government? :unsure:

Hate? I mean, real hate? In every election around 40% of the people "lose". They get the government they didn't want. But the democratic process - which has elected every President - is the process that has brought both the good and bad times. But some people seem to think the process is only a-okay if their candidate won. And hate? I mean, say what you want, but the process itself is a celebration of all that's good in the nation.

Which is why I think attacks on these institutions and processes is very dangerous. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water. But the insidious nature of the attacks, on the very fabric of the nation, does nothing by tear the country apart. And it's not just governmental, look at all the institutions that are on the hate list these days........

I do wonder just what it is about the nation these people love. Apparently it's some fictional America. The country would never have been great if not for the institutions, laws, and of course the Constitution. Still, my record of discussing anything remotely political on here is pretty poor, so I'll say no more.
We love our people past and present, even when we're off topic.

The lectures are about specific studies, and I don't think I could have made that more clear. They include the names of the studies, where and how they were conducted, names of the publishers, researchers, and contributors, some include data in graphs as well as words and some mention or link to comparable studies.

Most of them go back at least 6 months, some as far back as a year, some are more recent.

Causes of death include embolism, heart failure, and liver and/or kidney failure.

Good luck.
Those are possible outcomes. Not for sure outcomes or we'd all be dead.

Then there's the Covid issues:
People with severe disease and those needing hospital treatment should receive treatment as soon as possible. The consequences of severe COVID-19 include death, respiratory failure, sepsis, thromboembolism (blood clots), and multiorgan failure, including injury of the heart, liver or kidneys.

Organ damage could play a role. People who had severe illness with COVID-19 might experience organ damage affecting the heart, kidneys, skin and brain. Inflammation and problems with the immune system can also happen.

It's unclear whether the virus harms the liver or if it happens for another reason, but besides the lungs, the liver usually suffers the biggest injuries from COVID-19. Acute liver injury and liver failure are life-threatening complications.

post covid issues:
problems with your memory and concentration ("brain fog")
chest pain or tightness
difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
heart palpitations

dizziness
pins and needles
joint pain
depression and anxiety
tinnitus, earaches

feeling sick, diarrhea, stomach aches, loss of appetite
a high temperature, cough, headaches, sore throat, changes to sense of smell or taste
rashes

On rounds in a 20-bed intensive care unit one recent day, physician Joshua Denson assessed two patients with seizures, many with respiratory failure and others whose kidneys were on a dangerous downhill slide. Days earlier, his rounds had been interrupted as his team tried, and failed, to resuscitate a young woman whose heart had stopped.

All shared one thing, says Denson, a pulmonary and critical care physician at the Tulane University School of Medicine. "They are all COVID positive."
science.org

i am still seeing patients who have covid who are being intubated and taken to the icu. so i guess it comes down to a choice. if you get the vaccine you may be perfectly fine like many of us have been so far. or you may get really sick from it. maybe even die. or you could take your chances with the covid. which for some people is a much larger gamble. you may also experience a lot of this regardless of whether or not you get the vaccine.

the vaccine has lessened the severity of the covid for many of us. but no matter what you do in life there's always the chance you're gonna die from it. all they did was offer us a way to try to survive a deadly virus and everyone lost their sh*t. over a shot.

i don't get all the vaccines available because i can't take them all. so i have to take my chances with whatever happens in life. most of this issue is political and has nothing to do with health issues. i've had covid twice. it was scary as hell. but without those vaccines i would probably be dead. y'all are makin way too big a fuss over this vax. it's no worse than any other vax.

Back