Galettes???

Well, I had bought the ingredients for Galette and today made my first two (that's 4 meals for me). Next time I will make the border more narrow, mine was like 3 inches instead of the 2 inches the recipe called for. Mine was made with mushrooms, asparagus, and leeks. Hope it tastes good. Thanks, Keesha!

IMG_8949.JPG

Okay, I said I was only going to eat half of one but was so hungry that I ate the W.H.O.L.E thing (7 inches wide). Now I'm stuffed, but heh, I had not eaten since 10pm last night and this was 6pm tonight. The taste was GOOD, so I'm definitely making them again. Now I got one in the freezer for next time. I'm thinking next time will make 4 smaller ones and that will be 4 servings.

Okay, I said I was only going to eat half of one but was so hungry that I ate the W.H.O.L.E thing (7 inches wide). Now I'm stuffed, but heh, I had not eaten since 10pm last night and this was 6pm tonight. The taste was GOOD, so I'm definitely making them again. Now I got one in the freezer for next time. I'm thinking next time will make 4 smaller ones and that will be 4 servings.
No surprise there.
I would have done the same thing. 🥰

Well, I had bought the ingredients for Galette and today made my first two (that's 4 meals for me). Next time I will make the border more narrow, mine was like 3 inches instead of the 2 inches the recipe called for. Mine was made with mushrooms, asparagus, and leeks. Hope it tastes good. Thanks, Keesha!

View attachment 83024
Oh Gawd, that looks so wonderful! It is a combination of a very well made Danish and my all-time favourite veggies. Who can resist this perfection. One wouldn't be enough!

@Catlady
Would you make some of those for the next birthday party we have here at SF, please! 😊(y)
Ha Ha! I was very intimidated to make it, but it was actually rather easy. What takes the longest is cutting up and sauteing the three veggies. I even bought the refrigerated Pillsbury dough, which already comes in the round shape you'll need. Next time I will make my own dough per recipe, make them smaller (that 7 inch was a LOT, but I was hungry), make the borders only 2 inches and cut them in shorter sections. I'm betting my next ones will be a lot prettier. The taste was really good, and I only used the powdered thyme instead of the fresh one. Try it! Next time I also want to try the fruit ones, that one with apples in Keesha's OP #1 post looked really good.

https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2019/05/savory-asparagus-mushroom-leek-and-cheese-galette.html

@Catlady
We would love to help you to eat them, when you make some, made in ANY of those wonderful ways that you described making them! (y)
In fact, maybe you need us, to test and taste them for you and with you? We are willing to " help! " :LOL:

I love the asparagus, but am "willing" to try out the fruit ones, for you, as well. :giggle:

Thank you for the gluten free recipes!!! :love:

Made something similar many years ago that involved pears and rosemary ...yummy. It may have had that name ...looked the same, but it's been so long ago I can't remember.

@Catlady
Do you ever put some cooked chickpeas or split peas in with those veggies? Yum.
I love chickpeas, split peas, pintos, black beans, ALL kinds of beans. In fact I cook my own chickpeas and freeze in 8oz containers and just pop in my mouth. Re the galette, the first time I make a recipe I try to be faithful to it and then next time make changes if I want to. I'll remember your suggestion next time.

I’m going through the same thing. I’d already forgotten about the galettes so I’m glad you reminded me I’m making the tomato, zuchinni feta cheese one that’s low carb and grain free . While it’s not completely dairy free the feta is made from goats milk. The dough has to chill for @ least 3 hours so I will make that tonight and make this tomorrow.

https://www.healthline.com/health/4-gluten-free-galette-recipes#9

I like the tomato/zucchini one and the mixed berry one, they look delicious.
Those are the two ones I’m making. Today I went out and got all the ingredients including mascarpone cheese for the mixed berry one.
I’m so excited.

It’s like having healthy meals made into pies.
How fun.

Back