Have you ever done something once but would never want to do it again?

hollydolly

SF VIP
It can be anything at all...

for example, I never want to have to drive over the Mont Blanc mountains in winter in heavy snow and ice.. again.. It was terrifying some years ago driving down the other side and seeing huge Trucks which had gone over the side after slipping off the mountain in the ice and blinding snow..

Yes
Zipline in Alaska
Fly a MiG-15
Fly a B-25
Fly a P-51
Tube down irrigation channels in Kauai
Spend 3 months in winter at Point Barrow, Alaska
Visit penguin rookery in Antarctica (phew)
Kayak to Sacred Falls in Kauai
Kayak to sea caves in Channel Islands near Santa Barbara
Bicycling down from Waimea in Kauai

Yes
Zipline in Alaska
Fly a MiG-15
Fly a B-25
Fly a P-51
Tube down irrigation channels in Kauai
Spend 3 months in winter at Point Barrow, Alaska
Visit penguin rookery in Antarctica (phew)
Kayak to Sacred Falls in Kauai
Kayak to sea caves in Channel Islands near Santa Barbara
Bicycling down from Waimea in Kauai
Are you SURE you wouldn't want to do at least some of those things again?

It's seems like I've done that, but I can't actually think of what it might have been. Maybe I can just relate to how sickening that would feel.

Yes, I've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower because I was by myself in Paris during a business conference and didn't understand French. I didn't know I should have stopped at the first level. I am deathly afraid of heights and thought I was going to lose it by the time we got to the top.

1. Zip line in a Jamaican rail forest
2. Drop 3 tabs of orange sunshine at a pro football game.

Oh, boy. Too many regrets.
One thing I'll never do again is to get up on a house roof. 20+ years ago I was cleaning a window dormer and I slipped on some wet leaves. I fell about 15 feet, onto the concrete driveway. I broke my back and completely shattered the bones in my right wrist. Jeez, talk about pain.
When the ambulance got me to the Trauma E.R. and the Dr lightly brushed my wrist with his coat sleeve, I let out a scream. He took one look at my wrist and told me, "I'm gonna fix you right up". One of the nurses gave me a huge shot of morphine. Later that day one of the nurses told me that from then on, I was laughing.
I have not ever been on a roof since then. Nor will I ever do so.

I rode every roller coaster at Six Flags over Georgia, because I was terrified of roller coasters. It took all day. I proved something to myself (what, I'm not sure), and never did it again. The scariest one was the oldest one (wooden); it looked like it would go off the tracks at any time. The least frightening was one in which the riders were upside down - something to do with centrifugal force -- most of the time.

Picked up some odd looking dead fish on a beach in Florida, after a sort of mild hurricane. Took them to my dorm room and washed them with soap and water, so I could draw them to illustrate a letter to my mom. Fish stink after they are washed. I put a couple of them in the trash can in the dorm elevator. Somewhere I still have the letter I sent to my mom, with all the weird fish illustrations.

After my daughter was born by c-section, I decided not to take the pain medication because, how bad could it be? It was bad, the nurse was mad, but she gave me pain meds promptly.

Went sailing with friends. The boat was too slow. I like speed.

Drove home, 7 hours, in a blinding snowstorm. Everything was white - the trucks, the cars, the road, the sky, the surroundings. Should have stayed in Kentucky for another day. But my daughter had to get home to go to her first big dance. Stupid of me.

Have you ever done something once but would never want to do it again?

Don't you get me going, Holly! šŸ˜Š

Being born, last time was so traumatic I almost decided to stay where I was, and, what did I ever do to that cruel midwife, who held me by the ankles and repeatedly smacked my bottom. šŸ˜Š

It can be anything at all...

for example, I never want to have to drive over the Mont Blanc mountains in winter in heavy snow and ice.. again.. It was terrifying some years ago driving down the other side and seeing huge Trucks which had gone over the side after slipping off the mountain in the ice and blinding snow..
Yep. Once, twice, thrice - for a bright kid, I was sure a slow-learner in adulthood. /-; But, I'm not confessing to the stupid thing that I did!

Back