Herd Immunity

🌷🌷🌷

In order to achieve herd immunity, a significant percentage of the population has to be vaccinated.

In effect then, the brave ones who are readily getting vaccinated are carrying the can for the uncaring, selfish, closed minded non thinkers...how atrocious!

🌷🌷🌷
Another attack to those who haven't been vaccinated. :rolleyes:

What I find very disturbing lately is that this ‘herd immunity’ has also become ‘Herd hostility’

Those who have had their vaccination are becoming blatantly hostile towards the ones who haven’t yet . The clear message being ....’if you don’t have your vaccination by now, you are an uncaring, selfish, close minded non thinker.’ 😳

Why are ya ‘all getting so vicious?🤷‍♀️
I bet pretty soon people are going to be shot if they are suspected of not having the vaccine.
It doesn’t matter in the least to the people who have already got there’s that vaccines might not be available for others yet. They don’t care. You suddenly become trash in their opinion.

Atrocious?
Yes! I absolutely agree that this obvious dividing and conquering of people who have their vaccines and those that don’t, needs to stop.

I honestly didn’t think this site would get this way. How very sad. 😏

Another attack to those who haven't been vaccinated. :rolleyes:
Last nights attack totally shocked me. One simple sentence that I took from the post and the fangs and claws came out in a vicious attack.
It was like being suddenly blind sided and what I wrote wasn’t even a personal opinion. It was a bit of important factual information. 🤷‍♀️

I had hoped that by calling this behavior on the part of some, definitely not all, would help to draw attention to it and possibly change the tone at least a little. Maybe if more people call this behavior out, the overall tone of the discussions can become more civil.

Tony

Last nights attack totally shocked me. One simple sentence that I took from the post and the fangs and claws came out in a vicious attack.
It was like being suddenly blind sided and what I wrote wasn’t even a personal opinion. It was a bit of important factual information. 🤷‍♀️
Yes , it was ridiculous, she named you and I so it was a personal attack, and we both gave quoted information from CDC.

Something I don't understand is why can't someone post an article that's in the news that tells about vaccine serious side effects and deaths without being attacked? Or getting replies that try to downplay the article?

Isn't it important to know about those side effects? I feel it is so I post them if they pop up in my news.

Why is it wrong to question information when that information is conflicting to other information?

Why be called stupid, irresponsible, non caring when you don't agree with someone regarding the vaccines?

🌹🌹🌹Prior to 2020, most of us had never heard of the word 'coronavirus' …however… for people in the science community, the term was nothing new.

Coronaviruses are a well-known family of viruses, thought to be behind up to a third of all common colds, and responsible for the SARS epidemic in 2003, and MERS outbreak in 2012.

Previous work on SARS-CoV, MERS-CoV, and other common human coronaviruses meant researchers weren't totally starting from scratch with SARS-CoV-2. They already had some understanding of the virus's biology.

For anyone to think that Covid-19 vaccine development kicked off when the pandemic did, shows they dd no research on the subject. In reality, scientists had spent years building vaccine technologies that could be quickly adapted to emerging viral threats … sometimes known as 'Disease X'.

Thanks to funding bodies like the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness (CEPI), researchers at Oxford University had been working on a vaccine that could be quickly tweaked to target COVID-19.

The technology involves using a harmless common cold virus (that infects chimpanzees) and engineering it to carry proteins of other viruses you want to protect against.

The research meant that as soon as the genetic sequence of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) became available, the Oxford team was able to use the virus's genetic blueprint to modify their vaccine and begin testing it in clinical trials.

Similarly, development of a different vaccine approach, using mRNA technology … used in both Pfizer's and Moderna's COVID-19 vaccines… allowed researchers to work much faster than if they had relied on traditional vaccine methods, such as using weakened or inactivated parts of the virus.

Like the Oxford vaccine, the mRNA vaccines could be made fast because they only required the genetic sequence of SARS-CoV-2, and not a sample of the actual virus.

Vaccine research costs money … a lot of money… and often this can be difficult to secure. However this time round, thanks to billions of dollars from governments, the private sector, and funding bodies like CEPI, researchers had access to immediate and substantial funding for COVID-19 vaccines.

This meant multiple clinical trials were launched quickly, and pharmaceutical companies were able to manufacture and stockpile vaccines before they even knew if they were effective.

Thanks to significant funding injections and lots of people willing to take part in research, scientists have been able to run clinical trials in parallel … e.g. recruiting for phase 3 while they're still finishing phase 1 … rather than do things sequentially (and slowly).

The message here is: the Covid vaccines were not “rushed” as some have wrongly assumed. It has been in the making for many years.

No one knows whether it is 110% effective, just as researchers did not know with all the previous pandemical vaccines. Being effective meaning whether it will protect you from the virus or not… only time will tell.

What is known at this point in time is: people with underlying medical conditions should seek advice from their doctors who have their medical history. Reasonably healthy people have no reason whatsoever not to take the vaccine.

Source of information: Various.

🌹🌹
Is that the same as "Anonymous" ? 😲
I'll wait to see if a link is posted on this article.

Is that the same as "Anonymous" ? 😲
I'll wait to see if a link is posted on this article.
Yes I'd like the link also because this various source article is the same one she posted last night under the Earth and Science thread. The same one I and Keesha were attacked for pointing out a small conflicting bit of information which was backed up by the CDC.

I noticed this article now has been changed to reflect the CDC information I quoted.

"What is known at this point in time is: people with underlying medical conditions should seek advice from their doctors who have their medical history."

So was the original article changed or has the poster changed it?

If the poster changed it???? Then its not a legitimate article.

As one of the unvaccinated, I'm construed by others as a moronic, narcissistic, non cooperative, granny killing sociopath with conspiracy theorist tendencies. I'm none of those things.

I just don't want to die from the vaccine. With Covid I would have a chance. Not with this vaccine. Not now. 🤗

As one of the unvaccinated, I'm construed by others as a moronic, narcissistic, non cooperative, granny killing sociopath with conspiracy theorist tendencies. I'm none of those things.

I just don't want to die from the vaccine. With Covid I would have a chance. Not with this vaccine. Not now. 🤗
Oh and don't forget non caring for others and your community and your not Brave! 😂 🤪

Some people including myself, have been personally attacked for not being vaccinated yet. I took it personally because it was a personal attack. It was far from amazing.

Yes , it was ridiculous, she named you and I so it was a personal attack, and we both gave quoted information from CDC.

Something I don't understand is why can't someone post an article that's in the news that tells about vaccine serious side effects and deaths without being attacked? Or getting replies that try to downplay the article?

Isn't it important to know about those side effects? I feel it is so I post them if they pop up in my news.

Why is it wrong to question information when that information is conflicting to other information?

Why be called stupid, irresponsible, non caring when you don't agree with someone regarding the vaccines?

It's easy to see that all the hateful spew, insults, ridicule, names of all sorts, is flowing one-way >> against those of us who have not ( yet ) been vaccinated. Ironically, as far as I can tell, none of us are anti-vaxers but we are being cautious, and that clearly will not be tolerated by some...

Last edited:

Rest assured that not everybody who has gotten the vaccine feels this way about this who have decided not to. My wife and I both got the vaccine and neither of us feels that way. To us, it is an individual choice. We have no reason, or need, to try to control anybody else in this manner.

Tony

Anyone daring to post in this forum regarding not being vaccinated or waiting is most definitely BRAVE! Because they will surely be attacked at some point.
Those of us who have been vaccinated are being referred to as sheep. So we're getting attacked too. And many of us don't feel the way the others think we do. They're just assuming the worst and acting like aholes.

For the anti-vaccine contigent here, who are (boo-hoo) feeling so unfairly attacked by those who believe in taking care of their health, I suggest going back and looking at post #22.

Who is doing the "attacking?"

I haven’t been commenting on whether people get vaccinated or not. It’s none of my business what choices others make or why they make them. I’m sure each of us do what we want to do and have our reasonings behind it.

All I know is that I follow Covid protocol completely. I wear a mask properly, I social distance myself. If others aren’t following protocol I don’t pass judgment and especially don’t attack them. As long as I’m doing my part that all that matters and I have been.

I got vaccinated because I don't want to get sick (again), or to spread sickness. Also, I want my social life back. Simple as that.

If people don't want to get vaccinated, that's ok with me as long as they're not crying in the next breath about having to wear masks, being unable to return to work in fields that require human contact, having restricted contact with family and friends who view vaccines as necessary for close contact, or possibly having to face travel and large venue restrictions.

“You are free to choose, but you are not free to alter the consequences of your decisions.” - Ezra Taft Benson

Last edited:
I'm sure glad I didn't follow my Oncologist advise to get the vaccine. If I were to get the J&J vaccine who knows what may have happen.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/us/politics/johnson-johnson-vaccine-blood-clots-fda-cdc.html
With Leukemia my Platelet Count is very low.
From the Article:
In the United States alone, 300,000 to 600,000 people a year develop blood clots, according to C.D.C. data. But the particular blood clotting disorder that the vaccine recipients developed, known as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, is extremely rare. Dr. Schuchat described the condition as “a severe strokelike illness linked to low platelet counts.”

I agree @chic :)

I have never ever told anyone they were ignorant or a coward or made any such comment to anyone who has stated they were vaccinated, but yet if anyone states they are not vaccinated or are waiting, they are attacked. I was personally attacked and it was totally uncalled for.

Have I ever called a vaccinated person a sheep? No I have not, have I repeatedly stated the vaccines are a choice as it should be? Yes I have.

I got vaccinated because I don't want to get sick (again), or to spread sickness. Also, I want my social life back. Simple as that.

If people don't want to get vaccinated, that's ok with me as long as they're not crying in the next breath about having to wear masks, being unable to return to work in fields that require human contact, having restricted contact with family and friends who view vaccines as necessary for close contact, or possibly having to face travel and large venue restrictions.

“You are free to choose, but you are not free to alter the consequences of your decisions.” - Ezra Taft Benson
According to the CDC you still have to wear masks AFTER being vaccinated so this statement is not entirely accurate. I wouldn't blame anybody, vaccinated or not, for complaining about wearing masks after 13 months. That's a super long time for a non mask wearing culture. :cry:

I wish they had never developed this vaccine because all it's done is add to our stress load which is already unbearable.

I'm sure glad I didn't follow my Oncologist advise to get the vaccine. If I were to get the J&J vaccine who knows what may have happen.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/13/us/politics/johnson-johnson-vaccine-blood-clots-fda-cdc.html
With Leukemia my Platelet Count is very low.
From the Article:
In the United States alone, 300,000 to 600,000 people a year develop blood clots, according to C.D.C. data. But the particular blood clotting disorder that the vaccine recipients developed, known as cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, is extremely rare. Dr. Schuchat described the condition as “a severe strokelike illness linked to low platelet counts.”

I agree @chic :)
With your health issues I can certainly understand not wanting to be vaxxed. My mother isn't able to either.

Back