Herd Immunity

No matter what I say, somebody will find fault. I don't intend to go around and around here. I just wish people would practice civility.

This is what I said: I saw that last paragraph and the follow up posts responding in kind to it and made my post. Where do people get other interpretations from my post from?

Whatever we might each think of that last paragraph, much of the snarkiness was in response to it. That was my point, not taking sides about the paragraph itself. I didn't attack that paragraph, but instead asked for civility after seeing responses to it. I guess that is too much to ask for. I am ashamed of the course this thread has taken and no longer wish to be a part of it.

Tony

If music is the food of love...play on and stop stressing 🎸🎸

No matter what I say, somebody will find fault. I don't intend to go around and around here. I just wish people would practice civility.

This is what I said: I saw that last paragraph and the follow up posts responding in kind to it and made my post. Where do people get other interpretations from my post from?

Whatever we might each think of that last paragraph, much of the snarkiness was in response to it. That was my point, not taking sides about the paragraph itself. I didn't attack that paragraph, but instead asked for civility after seeing responses to it. I guess that is too much to ask for. I am ashamed of the course this thread has taken and no longer wish to be a part of it.

Tony
Yes snarky. But who is being snarky?

"I hope you have an egg ready for your face Becky :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: when I post the link."

Yes snarky. But who is being snarky?

"I hope you have an egg ready for your face Becky :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: when I post the link."
I don't understand what you are looking for in your question. I have been asking for civility, but seem to need to explain and re-explain my posts. Some here understand these posts, and others don't, but respond to what they think I said and then I have to repeat somewhat differently hoping that clarifies.

There are several here who have been snarky with personal attacks. This could have been quite an informative thread as we all learn together.

Tony

🌷🌷🌷
Ah, so a few are clamouring for a link to my post # 47… never fear, o ye of little faith. I do have a link ... Í never post any information unless I can prove where it coms from…however…why should I make life easy for non-believers? Let us see how skilful you are at doing your own research 😉

Now let’s see… any seven year old these days can find that information on the internet in three minutes, takes about two minutes to post the link…that’s five minutes flat.

If and when you produce a link… then… I shall post the original link….so hurry up, get busy!
🌷🌷🌷
What game is this you are now playing?
🍁🍁🍁
Just for the record....no one was "attacked" on the Earth Science section where I posted my thread yesterday. Those claims are twisted and mangled...I am not going to waste my precious time defending myself against gossip... anyone is welcome to believe what they like.
🍁🍁🍁
Correction: you started a thread in the earth science section where both Becky and I added a post and you instantly came in and attacked us saying we could spill our guts worth of negative garbage elsewhere and to run along.
I wrote one factual sentence. It wasn’t opinionated.

No...you are certainly not a moderator...perhaps you should leave that job to the SF moderators...

This is being snarky

Yes...a child with a PhD 🍁 and I am 55...legitimately here.
A humble snarky
I hope you have an egg ready for your face Becky :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: when I post the link. I am waiting for Pro Trucker to do his research. Obviously, you did not do any yourself or you would have found it🍁🍁
Snarky once more.
I hope you have an egg ready for your face Becky :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: when I post the link. I am waiting for Pro Trucker to do his research. Obviously, you did not do any yourself or you would have found it🍁🍁
View attachment 159664
LOL! 😂

🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚 ... one per person please!
Now here is the link requested. I did not post it previously because of all the adverts and pictures, which detract from the wording…so I took out the salient points.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/...ccines-were-developed-in-record-time/13096682

No need to apologise…I forgive you because I am too excited ….off to choose the colour of my new car.

🏎️🏎️🏎️🏎️🏎️🏎️
In the article link you posted, where is,

"No one knows whether it is 110% effective, just as researchers did not know with all the previous pandemical vaccines. Being effective meaning whether it will protect you from the virus or not… only time will tell.

What is known at this point in time is: people with underlying medical conditions should seek advice from their doctors who have their medical history. Reasonably healthy people have no reason whatsoever not to take the vaccine.

Source of information: Various."

So you only took parts of it and added something that wasn't even in that article? I have no need to apologize. SMH

Bullying is easy when hiding behind a keyboard. In person, one risks immediate consequences. So, yes, there will likely be a lot of uncalled for bullying here. I would not be at all surprised if we lose members over this. Personally, I wish we could have civil discourse in which we all come out better informed, especially considering that most, if not all of us, have been alive long enough to be expected to have matured.

Tony
We're already losing members.

I agree. No one including doctors/hospitals have all the answers... they are just as confused as we are. No one should be made to feel bad for getting or not getting the vaccine.. it's a personal decision. What confuses me is people that has been FULLY vaccinated are afraid to go out in public without a mask and visit love ones. I understand in some States masks are still mandated. A friend of mine has been fully vaccinated but said she will continue to wear a mask even when it is no longer mandated.
because the vaccine isn't 100% effective. and i don't know about you but i don't want covid in any form.

Big difference: Those individuals are retaliating after being attacked by self righteous, controlling aholes who choose to get vaccinated.
When you hit someone, you can't expect not to get hit back.
Not all of the people who have been vaccinated are attacking people. For the most part I've not noticed many who've been vaccinated saying some of the things the unvaxxed have been saying.

I didn't get vaccinated just out of fear. I was doing it to help keep myself safe and taking into consideration the safety of those around me. I don't know too many people who are willing to risk their lives to get vaccinated in an effort to keep people who don't want the vaccine safe.

The fact that people have been arguing about this and being nasty to each other for an entire year is just ridiculous. I'm disappointed in the fact that people my age are bickering like children over something they have no control over.

There isn't one single thing you can change about what's happening right now by fighting in a forum. And the fact that y'all can't find something better to do than tear each other apart like this is senseless. It's been a year. Can you guys not find something better to do with your time than treat each other like crap and fight over covid and racism and what color the sky is?

Posting memes to try to make those of us feel bad for making a choice to take care of ourselves. Accusing us of letting fear control us. Are you gonna tell me that not one of you is afraid of getting COVID and dying? It scares the hell outta me. So I'm taking the measures I need to in order to try to protect myself. I don't give a crap what anyone else chooses. What I do give a crap about is logging into this site every day for the past 365 days only to see covid this and covid that and you're a sheep and you're a this and you're a that.

And yes everyone is entitled to their opinion on an open forum but at what cost?

Grow up already. Good Lord!

Last edited:
In the article link you posted, where is,

"No one knows whether it is 110% effective, just as researchers did not know with all the previous pandemical vaccines. Being effective meaning whether it will protect you from the virus or not… only time will tell.

What is known at this point in time is: people with underlying medical conditions should seek advice from their doctors who have their medical history. Reasonably healthy people have no reason whatsoever not to take the vaccine.

Source of information: Various."

So you only took parts of it and added something that wasn't even in that article? I have no need to apologize. SMH

🌷🌷

You are quite right Becky…the paragraphs you mention are not found in the article because they are my own comments. I should have written “Personal Comment” before that section, as I usually do. I’ll do that now….I am one of the "various."

Personal Comment: "No one knows whether it is 110% effective, just as researchers did not know with all the previous pandemical vaccines. Being effective meaning whether it will protect you from the virus or not… only time will tell.

Source: Dana: Member of SeniorForums.com. Dated 14th April 2021

🌷🌷

Last edited:
My final thought on this subject. If anyone was OK with the OP's last paragraph in their opening post of this thread, then they should also be OK with everything else that has been posted since. This horse has been ridden long enough, time to put it in the barn....;)

"Herd Immunity" against this virus is going to require that at least 70 or 80% of the population gets vaccinated. We are still months away from that number. In the interim, masks and social distancing are still the best way to avoid this illness. We will still see fluctuating numbers, especially in urban areas, and among the "partiers", for the immediate future.

Back