How do you feel about men, over 60, with long hair?

Count me among those who are more concerned with character than superficial exterior stuff.

In my lifetime i've had relationships with men spanning the spectrum on hair length. For some it was a cultural thing, i respect that.

Count me among those who are more concerned with character than superficial exterior stuff.

In my lifetime i've had relationships with men spanning the spectrum on hair length. For some it was a cultural thing, i respect that.

Warning: Sarcasm
Seriously??? There are so many things more important than character! Money, Power, Society/celebrity status, Looks to name a few... Who gives a damn about character???

Just say it's the Jesus look and everyone will be cool with it.

the%2Bgentle%2Bchristbig.jpg
Jesus had short curly hair

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/12/what-did-jesus-really-look

First off let me say I don't care...it's none of my business but...

In post #38 Connery has long hair, with what looks like a natural fullness [of] hair.

Yet in post #39 it looks like his crown is naturally bald ? How in the world did he go from one to the other?

I know Hollywood makeup artist can do wonders ?....Both look so natural / real...my eye is not sharp enough to make a call on which is real / fake.

Too me his age is just too close to be then / now ?
Connery was bald by the time he was 30. He had a variety of toupees and very good ones at that.

Bingo! Many guys that age don't have any hair on their heads. That's why there should be no objection to men having long hair.

Oh by the way, does anyone here have an objection to older women with short hair?

1200-200492741-001-gray-hair.jpg

Nothing wrong with that at all. :)
As long as they don't insist i cut mine short. I really feel each individual gets to control such choices for themselves. Granted some jobs can ask you to braid, tie back long hair, or even cover it while on the job. But it's up to you when off the clock.

A handful of men here have longish (shoulder length or so) hair. On some it looks OK....the worst are the ones who have the big bald spot on top, and a full "horseshoe of long hair. YUCK

When the pandemic first hit, I wasn't about to go to a barber to get my haircut out of fear of catching covid, so I let it grow a bit until it was just about long enough to put in a little ponytail. I didn't put it in a ponytail, but it was long enough to. I don't know what Marie meant by "horseshoe of long hair," but although I'm bald on top, my hair is still pretty bushy on the sides and in the back. I couldn't stand it long.

So one evening, after imbibing several margaritas, I decided to cut my own hair, and it came out okay (at least relative to what I used to get at GreatClips). At least it was even when I got done.

And I've been cutting it myself ever since. :) (Note: that's why I wear a helmet.)

I do not see too many men here with long hair except the old rock stars on the tv. I can't say that I like it but each to his own. This thread has been running since Feb 2018, so many people find this an interesting discussion, food for thought.

Most of my life, except in High School, I've always cut my hair short.
During my military years, it was Real Short.
Let it grow out some after I retired, but still kept it just a bit longer then when I was in.
Never felt the need to rebel and grow it long after I got out.

Fast forward to the start of the Pandemic.
No chance to get it cut, no shops open.
Said 'Fine, it'll be over soon and I'll get it cut'.

Never happened. Still haven't got a haircut, don't know why when they are open now.
To some it is very long, way pass my shoulders and mostly wear a nice Fedora Hat or wear it in a Ponytail. ( not a Man Bun... )

Started turning grey while I was still in High School, thanks to both parents who also greyed early.
Now it is pure white.

Genes.

Found that it makes me wear better clothes when I go out, so I don't give the impression I'm homeless or a threat to anyone.

Getting old it not for the weak.

I have a dear friend, male, over 60, with long hair. He's a very handsome man and over the years I have seen him
with a variety of hair lengths. (Even shaved his head once!) Personally, no matter how clean and groomed, I think it
makes him look older when his hair is long.

I'd love to hear some of your opinions on this subject. Ladies and men!!

Thanks

J.
I ❤️ Men with long, clean, hair❤️

Back