How do you feel about men, over 60, with long hair?

Interesting read. Much has to do with beyond just hair. After all hair goes with the rest of one's appearance with the whole look and style especially when moving around. One facet is how long hair reflects one's normal social mix. In any social environment one does not want to look out of place with a partner nor want to draw attention when such is inappropriate. Even men with long hair may tend to minimize that look in more formal occasions.

During my working life, I kept my hair at ear lobe length as it was easy to hide by matting down combed back in my conservative work environments but in social situations have always gone natural. Never go to barbers, never ever dyed, and prefer the Classic rock wild man look haha. During my usual periods between jobs and now at 73 retired, prefer to keep it between ear lobe and 2 or 3 inches longer. So it never sits on my shoulders but rather is free to float and bounce in the air. Have very fine light brown hair slightly graying now, thinning on top that when washed tends to greatly expand. Couple shots from this May 2021.

David-May21.jpg

I particularly don't care for long hair on men, especially below the shoulders. The pictures by David777 are decent. However, I've seen men with long pony tails and to me, long hair on a man stands out and IMHO takes away from the overall impression I have of that person. I don't know when I started to feel that way, but over time, I noticed these subconscious reactions.

I also like to cut my hair, and have cut my dad's hair in the past, and now my son's hair. We have barbers and beauticians in my family. If my son's hair starts growing to the shoulders, I get my scissors out. There is something beautiful in shaping a head of hair.

I have a dear friend, male, over 60, with long hair. He's a very handsome man and over the years I have seen him
with a variety of hair lengths. (Even shaved his head once!) Personally, no matter how clean and groomed, I think it
makes him look older when his hair is long.

I'd love to hear some of your opinions on this subject. Ladies and men!!

Thanks

J.
It depends on the man for me. If he's clean cut, It's ok with me ;) I wear my hair the way I want even though some think it makes me look older. I don't care, it's what's comfy , and what I like that counts ;)

Interesting read. Much has to do with beyond just hair. After all hair goes with the rest of one's appearance with the whole look and style especially when moving around. One facet is how long hair reflects one's normal social mix. In any social environment one does not want to look out of place with a partner nor want to draw attention when such is inappropriate. Even men with long hair may tend to minimize that look in more formal occasions.

During my working life, I kept my hair at ear lobe length as it was easy to hide by matting down combed back in my conservative work environments but in social situations have always gone natural. Never go to barbers, never ever dyed, and prefer the Classic rock wild man look haha. During my usual periods between jobs and now at 73 retired, prefer to keep it between ear lobe and 2 or 3 inches longer. So it never sits on my shoulders but rather is free to float and bounce in the air. Have very fine light brown hair slightly graying now, thinning on top that when washed tends to greatly expand. Couple shots from this May 2021.

View attachment 192851
Love your hair. Yours looks great!

OIP.q2NQQ1VYh_qyotttHh3XDQAAAA

if it's good enough for Santa, it's good enough for everyone

How do you feel about men, over 60, with long hair?​

Don't care.....hair......no hair

I never really grew mine out
Around too many moving mechanisms to worry about losing a limb
Didn't need to worry about long hair helping that out

This is prolly the longest I ever had it

moi at 20 something.jpg

Now?

On the ear...max

With a cap

swing low.jpg

Gotta say, though........some guys on this thread look mighty pretty

Yum!

I must say though, hair no hair, I don't care I just love men. Each man has his own handsome character which shines from the inside out.
O.K. most men.

Last edited:

How do you feel about men, over 60, with long hair?​

Don't care.....hair......no hair

I never really grew mine out
Around too many moving mechanisms to worry about losing a limb
Didn't need to worry about long hair helping that out

This is prolly the longest I ever had it

View attachment 199966

Now?

On the ear...max

With a cap

View attachment 199968

Gotta say, though........some guys on this thread look mighty pretty
I must say, very handsome!

I had hair halfway down my back in a clean, neat ponytail when I went into the hospital last year.

Then one day in the shower room a nurse said "Let me trim that for you".

Well, when you're naked in a waterproof chair you don't argue with a nurse holding scissors. I figured "a trim, okay, neaten up the loose ends."

Got back to my room, looked in the mirror. Ponytail all gone.

Growing it back now, but it's a slow process for me.
I take biotin for hair growth along with the other B complex vitamins to balance. My hair is thicker now like it used to be.

It looks weird, a little feminine and a throwback to the 60's. foolish.

Celebrities get away with long hair and people like it--because they are celebrities.
If you did not know they were famous and likeable, you would disdain their hair.
Besides it looks unprofessional and not cool any more
I think you are out voted. Lots of us ladies like it. 🤩

I've had long hair for too long. I'm considering a Crew Cut for the coming warm season up here in the High Desert.

When I was inducted into the Army in 1960, my hair was so short that the barber at the Basic Training Reception Center just waved me by.

I like my appearance in the included picture.

Hal
You could pull it off, very handsome.

I have a dear friend, male, over 60, with long hair. He's a very handsome man and over the years I have seen him
with a variety of hair lengths. (Even shaved his head once!) Personally, no matter how clean and groomed, I think it
makes him look older when his hair is long.

I'd love to hear some of your opinions on this subject. Ladies and men!!

Thanks

J.
Put his picture on here, please. I would really like to see him.🙂

Back