How's your weather today?

Digging out after Blizzard "Eugene" that hit us all day yesterday from dawn till dusk. My town officially got 20 inches of snow, but it looks like more in my little neighborhood. Streets are being plowed, but icy. What a mess but at least we didn't lose power.

How have others fared?
Some in my state had 16 inches of snow but my area only about 8 and it is melting now from the sun shining. I just looked out the window and can see the grassy spots. I haven't been outside since Sunday. Don't want to go out there either-it's too cold.:indecisiveness:

It's the last day of Winter and it seems like Winter has just started recently. It was about 36 F today. The sky was cloudy. We had a tiny bit of snow overnight.

Summer heat and humidity has definitely reached the Midwest. We should be in the low to mid 90's all week, with heat indexes near, or over 100. This is the time of year I really begin to look forward to October.

27 % sunny, slight breeze. Beautiful. Sitting in a red slipper chair on my terrace, a glass of cherry cider in hand. Garden is blooming, I can smell heliotrope, alyssum, and Egyptian mint. Cats enjoying the plants, eating cat grass and catnip.

It's a typical hot, humid, not fit for human habitation, summer day in Mobile, Alabama. The current temperature at 10 minutes to 2 pm is 90 degrees with a heat index of 100. I'm inside chillin in gym shorts and a tank top with the A/C set at 75.

I just looked...96 with fairly high humidity. I did a couple of hours mowing this morning, but shut it down before noon....as I could begin to feel the heat, even with a nice breeze blowing. During this Summer heat, I limit my outdoor work to the mornings, or after 6pm. July and August are becoming more than I care to contend with anymore.

Been under 105 the past few days...still bone-dry outside.

When sleeping on the Hammock, it gets chilly after midnight when the High Desert has given up most of its heat and the breeze comes up.

During the heat of the day, we have our A/C set at 81-82, which is comfortable and dry. We also have floor and ceiling fans which we use to save A/C energy costs.

My Hammock requires no Trees, doesn't Twist, and you Can't Fall Out!

HDH

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 12
I just looked...96 with fairly high humidity. I did a couple of hours mowing this morning, but shut it down before noon....as I could begin to feel the heat, even with a nice breeze blowing. During this Summer heat, I limit my outdoor work to the mornings, or after 6pm. July and August are becoming more than I care to contend with anymore.

Me, too, Don. Here it doesn't even cool down to bearable overnight anymore. It used to get downright chilly in the evenings here in the high desert, but not anymore. I don't do anything outside except in the early mornings, and I go do my shopping early, too.

It's really miserable here today; someone told me the humidity is up today, and that's probably right.

Back