I'm so old that......

WMCI good guys. happy face t-shirt as I recall.
Stevie Wonder on the top ten list for over ten weeks.
Now I remember WMCI Casey Casome was a DJ.
Drug stores had soda fountains AND wooden payphones. I would rush down and call my girlfriend and sit in that payphone for an hour.
Cherry Cokes I remember well Chocolate cokes were on the list as well. :)
rbtvgo
Wasn't it WMCA?????????

Maybe only Brits will know this..
I am so old I remember the Lyons Corner House, Maison Lyons and Tea Rooms in London where as children we were allowed to choose any cake we fancied from the display. I was 14 years old when they closed in 1977. The chain was started by Nigella Lawson’s maternal side of the family.
In 1977 I had been married 20 years. Now that is OLD!

I'm so old I remember our high school having a smoking area for the students. Maybe this was just a '70s California thing. ;-)

I remember when the Woolworth's stores in Toronto had "broken chocolate bars " for 10 cents each. The local Joy Gas station had "bulk motor oil " for 18 cents a quart " for my leaky 1954 Ford. The Toronto Transit buses had a green line on one of the pillars next to the entrance door, which determined if you paid the "children's fare " or the adult fare. Home delivery of ice, milk, and bread, by horse drawn wagons, and most houses had a "milk door " on the side of the house, where the deliveries were put by the delivery drivers. Coal deliveries went down the "coal chute "" to the coal bin in the basement. The ashes from the coal furnace would be spread on the icy sidewalk in the winter, for better traction. The "rag and bone man " would come around every few weeks, looking for scrap items. The knife sharpening man would walk through the area, with a small foot operated sharpening machine on wheels, clanging a hand bell, to attract attention. They tended to be older European men who only spoke a bit of English. JimB.

Wish I had known how rare that bird was. :(

There was no off-and-on switch. Just plug it into the cigarette lighter, then It brewed coffee by heating up.

While the coffee quality may not be great, the machine did have a clever feature. The porcelain cups that came with it apparently had a metal disc on the bottom of them that allowed them to stick to the machine magnetically. It also mounts to the dash with a simple
bracket, allowing for the pot to quickly be removed and cleaned when necessary.

If you want one, despite the likelihood that the machine may not produce the best coffee, finding one would be difficult since information about the machines is hard to come by. A private collector found only six while searching for three years for one to purchase.

I can remember turning on my parent’s black-and-white TV set five minutes early before a desired show came on to allow the vacuum tubes time to “warm up“ so you’d get a picture. The TV repairman was a frequent visitor, and if he couldn’t fix the set on site he’d have to take the guts of it “to the shop,” which meant no TV for most of a week…😩

Back