Interesting & Happy Morning!

Each person has their own unique life experiences, and we are all different. Just because someone else didn’t grow up feeding hogs, and rode in some rodeos, does not make their life experiences any less valid, in my opinion.
Criticizing a person because they didn’t have your exact same life experiences doesn’t make much sense, and does not make your experiences and accomplishments any better (or worse) than theirs.

I got my first horse when I was 10, and for the next 50 years, I lived and loved horses and horseback riding. I rode in the mountains, and saw the sun come up from the top of the mountains, swam my horse in the lake, camped out overnight in mountain meadows , rode in several equestrian drill teams and a whole lot of parades.
I have saddled enough horses that I wouldn’t even mention that I know how to do that still, it is as ingrained in me as walking is.

I shopped for my clothing at the western wear stores, and lived in my cowboy boots and hat. They might not have been the same brand as you wore, but they were just as authentic.
Even though your experience with having a quarterhorse to ride in the rodeo is different than my experience of having many different breeds of horses, and riding them in the mountains and on trails, that does not mean that one is better than the other, or that one experience is not valid just because it is a different life experience.

This is me at about 12-13 with my first Welsh Pony, so I do have pictures, and can post them.

edit to add : if you look close, you can see my little black Puli, Sugar, standing on the saddle. She went along with me often, and loved riding with me.
A03BDE4E-F186-4F93-8B62-9894FB8AD035.jpeg

Last edited:
Each person has their own unique life experiences, and we are all different. Just because someone else didn’t grow up feeding hogs, and rode in some rodeos, does not make their life experiences any less valid, in my opinion.
Criticizing a person because they didn’t have your exact same life experiences doesn’t make much sense, and does not make your experiences and accomplishments any better (or worse) than theirs.

I got my first horse when I was 10, and for the next 50 years, I lived and loved horses and horseback riding. I rode in the mountains, and saw the sun come up from the top of the mountains, swam my horse in the lake, camped out overnight in mountain meadows , rode in several equestrian drill teams and a whole lot of parades.
I have saddled enough horses that I wouldn’t even mention that I know how to do that still, it is as ingrained in me as walking is.

I shopped for my clothing at the western wear stores, and lived in my cowboy boots and hat. They might not have been the same brand as you wore, but they were just as authentic.
Even though your experience with having a quarterhorse to ride in the rodeo is different than my experience of having many different breeds of horses, and riding them in the mountains and on trails, that does not mean that one is better than the other, or that one experience is not valid just because it is a different life experience.

This is me at about 12-13 with my first Welsh Pony, so I do have pictures, and can post them.
View attachment 91888

I do understand what you are saying, BUT, when I have talked to a guy at a nightclub, when I was single, and he told me that he was a roper, and I asked him the brand of rope he used and he answered, "I don't know"...…..he was no roper and that's just fact. Every roper that I ever knew, knew exactly the brand and type of rope he used. "Headers", "Heelers" and Tie-Down (calf) ropers. As for me, I started out using Rattler ropes and then, later, went to using Classic ropes. Both were "heading" ropes. I also wore a Roping Glove to save my right hand from rope burns.

Got a funny story-funny to me anyway

Had a friend from Detroit come to visit. He had never seen a rodeo so I took him to the Mesquite, Tx Rodeo, which is on the circuit. Got front row seats 30 feet from the pens, where he could get some of the dirt on him.
He was enthralled, he didn't know what to think about the 'grunting'
bronco, said nothing about the bull riding...
He had big eyes, didn't want to miss anything.

Bulldogging-this requires the big fellas, 200 pounders to wrestle a full
grown steer.
So steer pop out of shoot, turned and head to the fence with the dogger
on his tail. When he dove off the horse he missed, hit the ground ten feet from us. He was a big fella, course he couldn't breath for a couple
of minutes.
his heeler sit on his horse waiting to see if he was okay.
He remained on the ground, hurting and cussing his heeler.

I thought the heeler did all he could, the dogger didn't think so...
He staggered to his feet, cussing the heeler, he was hot!

He came over grabbed the fence to maintain his balance while cussing
a blue streak at his heeler. The heeler rode off. The bulldogger held the
fence less than a minute, then limped to the pens.

Of all the events, this bulldogging impressed my friend the most. He
couldn't stop talking about it for days. I guess it was the 'up close and personal touch' that impressed him.
(Diving off a horse, kissing the ground will make an impression on you.
It will make an impression on the viewer, if it is the first time you've seen it.)

ADDENDUM direct tv channel 345 two hour presentation for San Antonio 2-4pm CST
watched 6' 8', 275 pound bulldogger kiss the ground

Last edited:
Figures, Holly, that YOU would want to see pictures. But...…….sorry lady, isn't going to happen.

Have come to figure out that I don't have to prove anything to anyone on here. Sorry. Do have the photos, though.

Actually, I've read, on this forum, where Seniors stated the same thing...……"don't have to prove a thing to anyone".
That's your right of course, and actually I was kinda joking really, ... but actually don't keep on about having photos to ''prove'' if you're not willing to show them...... ...

View attachment 91888
You've got about 40 years more experience with horses and riding , and working them than Cody ever had.... and in all, the years I've known you I've only ever heard you mention it a couple of times... no bragging and or boasting, or one upmanship....

Holly
saw a clip of the queen riding some years ago, the horses have long-long
bodies. What was I looking at? Were they special horses that the queen
rides.
Do your horses have long bodies.
I know quarter-horses, here they weigh 500-700 pounds, little short-bodied horses for wheeling and darting.

Also, is Brit in or out of the common market-do you still enjoy unlimited
travel on the continent or do you'll have to go through the bureaucratic
snarl.

Holly
saw a clip of the queen riding some years ago, the horses have long-long
bodies. What was I looking at? Were they special horses that the queen
rides.
Do your horses have long bodies.
I know quarter-horses, here they weigh 500-700 pounds, little short-bodied horses for wheeling and darting.

Also, is Brit in or out of the common market-do you still enjoy unlimited
travel on the continent or do you'll have to go through the bureaucratic
snarl.
I don't know the answer to your question about what type of horses the royal family ride, but the horses all my farming neighbours ride, and the hunting and equestrian horses all look like normal backs to me..

In answer to your second question , if you mean no visa etc.. yes, we still enjoy unlimited travel to the continent... technically it's supposed to be for a max of 90 days at a time, but that's pretty much ignored.. oh sorry forgot to say we're out of the European Union now officially after 45 years ... but in reality it won't all be completely settled until the end of the year

Last edited:
That's your right of course, and actually I was kinda joking really, ... but actually don't keep on about having photos to ''prove'' if you're not willing to show them...... ...

Holly, there is no rule in SF that says I must show photos. Actually, my wife told me, "you don't have to prove anything to them!"

And @ClassicRockr , while I don’t have pics of me working with horses I do have pictures of me horseback riding. Just not cowgirl style in these ones and not that I’ve ever considered myself one. View attachment 91893View attachment 91894View attachment 91895

And, just how old were you when these were taken? Just wondering. Not that it matters.

Well, to tell you and the others the truth, I've gotten really, really tired of not only my thread here. I'm a retired rodeo cowboy.............NOTE the word, retired. I could still handle a horse, in the saddle or leading one. Wife and I love to wear western attire, think we both think we look great in it and love professional rodeo. We both know World Champions and have spoken to a number of them.
That's it!

Last edited:
Holly, there is no rule in SF that says I must show photos. Actually, my wife told me, "you don't have to prove anything to them!"
Where did I say there was ?..in fact I believe I said the opposite, you're the one who keeps saying you have the photos to ''prove'' things, then refuse to show them... ... ..btw is your wife a ventriloquist, it seems everything you say is because your wife told you to say it!!

Where did I say there was ?..in fact I believe I said the opposite, you're the one who keeps saying you have the photos to ''prove'' things, then refuse to show them... ... ..btw is your wife a ventriloquist, it seems everything you say is because your wife told you to say it!!

Ok, Holly, quit bugging me about this. We do have photos and that's all that needs to be said. And, please, don't get on my wife about what she tells me. You have absolutely no right to do that!! We don't have to prove a thing to you or anyone else in this forum!!!!!!

I'm now asking myself, "is this really worth being around???" Gee, thanks for putting that into my head.

I do understand what you are saying, BUT, when I have talked to a guy at a nightclub, when I was single, and he told me that he was a roper, and I asked him the brand of rope he used and he answered, "I don't know"...…..he was no roper and that's just fact. Every roper that I ever knew, knew exactly the brand and type of rope he used. "Headers", "Heelers" and Tie-Down (calf) ropers. As for me, I started out using Rattler ropes and then, later, went to using Classic ropes. Both were "heading" ropes. I also wore a Roping Glove to save my right hand from rope burns.
I get this. Though you might find it hard to believe Cody, there are parallels in dancing, in the dance community.

I can tell folks I'm a dancer, and I can back that up with any amount of trivia, names of dance moves, National and International competition names, famous dancers in the dance field both past and present, the right competition, practice, salsa, tango, latin etc., shoes, the appropriate hairstyles, clothes, shoes for pro/am Comps, Showcases, Jack n Jills, and on and on and on. I can give you a laundry list of tips and tricks for shoe care and foot care, I've stoned my own competition gowns, thrown up from nerves before Showcases, toted around my kit which had everything in it from spare fishnet hose to safety pins to every color of performance makeup necessary to achieve whatever look I or anyone else wanted. Separate from knowing all that, I've DONE all that, so I've not only talked the talk I've walked the walk.

So....I get it. I get being a pro in your field, I get knowing All The Things, I get having spent years accumulating the hard won experience that makes you proud to say I'm a ...... (fill in the blank.) And when I say I'm a dancer, I say so proudly, because I AM proud!

The thing is, I don't need to put anyone down because they're not a dancer and I am. Or because they think they are, but I feel it necessary to point out all the reasons they're not, not really. Maybe they're hobbyists, maybe they're trying it out but aren't really committed yet, maybe they'd LOVE to do more but don't have the money to make it happen. It doesn't MATTER to me where they're coming from, what their motivation is, why they're not all in the way I always have been. I'm just happy that they're interested, and do everything I can to encourage them, to cheer them on, to help them find ways to dance more, better, solve whatever problems they're having with doing it more, with a specific dance or move or finding the right shoes or whatever it is.

I don't wear my dance passion and competence like a badge of honor. Yeah, I wear it proudly, but don't make anyone feel less than so that I can feel more than. I don't NEED to feel more than. I don't need to prove to anyone that I'm a dancer, because *I* know I am, know it through many years of sweat and tears and damn hard work, and that makes me feel good. I don't need anyone else's approval or admiration or agreement or accolades to make me feel good.

I just feel good because I'm a dancer. 💃

Keep on showing pictures....Wow!!! Are some here jealous, Holly....I love to see pic's....I've never been on a horse but I do have friend's that
have horse's....So I just watch them when they ride around their lovely home....My very best friend moved to Florida and she took her horse with her....I miss her!!!

And, just how old were you when these were taken? Just wondering. Not that it matters.

Well, to tell you and the others the truth, I've gotten really, really tired of not only my thread here. I'm a retired rodeo cowboy.............NOTE the word, retired. I could still handle a horse, in the saddle or leading one. Wife and I love to wear western attire, think we both think we look great in it and love professional rodeo. We both know World Champions and have spoken to a number of them.
That's it!
Good grief the irony of you asking how old keesha was when she was riding when you were not very old yourself when you were riding either... ...

Keep on showing pictures....Wow!!! Are some here jealous, Holly....I love to see pic's....I've never been on a horse but I do have friend's that
have horse's....So I just watch them when they ride around their lovely home....My very best friend moved to Florida and she took her horse with her....I miss her!!!
exactly I love to see pictures, and am willing to look at anyone's pictures, I post a lot myself. What is annoying is when someone starts on about being an expert in a certain field, and saying they have photos to prove it, then refusing to show them, and that's their right of course... ... .. but in that case they should just never mention the pictures at all .

Anyway the Irony is that I'm one of the few who has actually seen Cody on a horse..and his wife.. but not rodeo riding...

Last edited:
What I want to know is, where are those members that replied nicely to this thread. They are the ones that should be telling Keesha and Holly...…….."leave ClassicRockr alone! Enough is enough, ladies!"

And, by the way, Holly, I was 51 and still riding! At that age, I would've been considered for Senior Pro Rodeo.
See that, Holly, 51 years old!!

Funny, but is this all we have to do in this thread is argue????? Wife and I don't have to prove a thing to any of you. Just how many times does that have to be said??? I like posting photos to family and friends, not necessarily to folks I don't know.

Ok, Holly, quit bugging me about this. We do have photos and that's all that needs to be said. And, please, don't get on my wife about what she tells me. You have absolutely no right to do that!! We don't have to prove a thing to you or anyone else in this forum!!!!!!

I'm now asking myself, "is this really worth being around???" Gee, thanks for putting that into my head.

yes well you weren\t riding rodeo at 51 were you...enough with the BS Cody... and when you have a thought of your own without having to be told what to say then come back again....
toodloo... see ya when you're older....again!!!

Back