July 2019 ~ Please Share your Day...

Well, here we are the first of July 1st... Happy Canada Day...Yesterday I worked on the driveway again, filling the potholes, well until I got a sugar low, and felt like sh*t till I was able to get the sugar up, and then suffered from a sugar high! So to say I didn't get as much done as I wanted to. So today hope to work on driveway and pool deck. Suppose to be sunny and warm today... Have a GREAT day Kids...

Lunchtime now. I've got washing and drying done.

Since we returned from Spain on Friday we've spent a lot of time fixing up the lawns and shrubs, and planting flowers, and putting up new border fencing ... . It's been really hot!!

Today it's in the low 70's sunny with a little fluffy cloud, but verrry humid!!

I've just parcelled up some stuff to send abroad to my DD .. annd later this afternoon, I'm taking my car to get the Brakes seen to ....dunno if they'd seized on while I was away but they're not working as they should since I've been gone!!

Last day of Hubs holiday, back to work for him tomorrow, and much as he loves his job, he rally doesn't want to go back , he finds so much to do here, :sneaky:

Hi Mike,wishing you a happy Canada Day.I heard a couple fireworks on my side of the border last night
This morning,I'll be at one of the places I volunteer each week
This afternoon,I'll be walking my friend's dog Sue

Well, it's 2:50 am this fine Tuesday morning, The pups we were dog sitting, were all picked up yesterday, and last night. Today is breakfast boys with the fellas... Got all the potholes finished yesterday afternoon... Still, have quite a bit of pea stone left over, But I'll watch next time it rains if we still need more stone. So today after breakfast I can continue on putting the railing on the pool deck for the Grandson.

I should think seriously about getting my A%& to bed for a few hours of work... I find I get so addicted (there's a word for double letter game)reading and joining into the treads... Thank you Matrix and fellow moderators and members for making this a fantastic place to hang my ball cap... Hope YOU all have a GREAT Tuesday...

Spent a lot of time just trying to get here. Don't care for this format at all. Way too much trouble trying to get here. Guess I am the only one having problems. Other than that my sister has been in hospital with a massive nose bleed. They live out on a farm with good medical at least an hour away. They finally got it stopped and I have been waiting to get the word whether to go or not. So far so good.

Spent a lot of time just trying to get here. Don't care for this format at all. Way too much trouble trying to get here. Guess I am the only one having problems. Other than that my sister has been in hospital with a massive nose bleed. They live out on a farm with good medical at least an hour away. They finally got it stopped and I have been waiting to get the word whether to go or not. So far so good.
Terry,sorry to hear about your sister,I hope she gets discharged soon,feels better Sue

Got up and had coffee and a cheetos-like food (!) lol. Watched some cowboy tv, took the dog to the Vet. It was so hot out and my AC in my car is not working. I quickly rolled down the windows when we got back in the car and drove off to circulate the car's air! I need to get my AC fixed.

Got my renewal for my car insurance today. No Claims, , and with years of no claims discount , been with them for 14 years , and yet they'd raised my premium by an obscene amount.

Went online to a comparison site, and got a 'Like for like' policy even with a few extras added on and it cost me £300 less... !

Insurance companies are robbers who rely on people just automatically allowing their insurance to continue without question

Got my renewal for my car insurance today. No Claims, , and with years of no claims discount , been with them for 14 years , and yet they'd raised my premium by an obscene amount.

Went online to a comparison site, and got a 'Like for like' policy even with a few extras added on and it cost me £300 less... !

Insurance companies are robbers who rely on people just automatically allowing their insurance to continue without question
I agree about insurance companies. We have to shop carefully to find the best ones with the best rates. My rate of car insurance is pretty low and because I have no coverage on my car, only if I hit someone.

Spent today at home just relaxing and raising and lowering the Air conditioner. Because of my thyroid problems I am always freezing,while on the other hand my husband is always hot ! So when he sees me with a sweater on and covered with a blanket he shuts the air. Then when I see him sweeting I put it back on. And this is how we have been spending our day so far,:)

Sorry to hear about your sister. I hope everything will be alright with her. I'm doing pretty good on the new forum. As soon as I can figure out how to post a video I'll be fine. I've gotten a lot of advice and hopefully I will be able to understand it. I hope you stay.

I agree about insurance companies. We have to shop carefully to find the best ones with the best rates. My rate of car insurance is pretty low and because I have no coverage on my car, only if I hit someone.
I have fully comprehensive....

The cheapest car insurance here..(dunno if it's the same in the USA) is 3rd party fire and theft.. which means if you hit someone you're not covered, and have to pay out of pocket for the damage ..but you're covered if someone hits you..or if you're car is stolen!

Fully Comp covers everything including legal fees... if needed, and I also have a No claims discount, which means in essence if I make a claim, then it doesn't affect my premiums the next year .. . Also I'm covered for breakdowns and if I lose my car keys or even my house keys, they'll send a locksmith out !!

This morning the building services folks came and installed a new automatic door closure on the front door of my apartment, city code violation.

Went to the drug store and picked up a 90 day supply of insulin. I noticed that the U&C is up to $2,239.99 for a 90 day supply. The next order will fall within the dreaded Medicare donut hole and I think I will be responsible for 37% of the cost. It's still cheaper than my premiums under the affordable care act but I don't see how people without insurance survive.

A quick trip to Walmart and then home for the day.

@terry123 I hope your sis will get well quickly!

Prayers for your Sister, Terry

This morning I watered the plants/flowers in our community garden even though it was lightly raining
This afternoon,I took my friend's dog for his afternoon walk,we didn't go far since it was a bit humid
Then I went to the bank Sue

Thank you!

Something we do every couple of years, You need to because I feel they just take you @ Face Value and charge YOU whatever, and sometimes I think insurance is a scam... You pay, and if late they are all over you, but when YOU need you have to fight for what you have been paying for over and over...

This morning the building services folks came and installed a new automatic door closure on the front door of my apartment, city code violation.

Went to the drug store and picked up a 90 day supply of insulin. I noticed that the U&C is up to $2,239.99 for a 90 day supply. The next order will fall within the dreaded Medicare donut hole and I think I will be responsible for 37% of the cost. It's still cheaper than my premiums under the affordable care act but I don't see how people without insurance survive.

A quick trip to Walmart and then home for the day.

I get so upset about what they charge diabetics, and other diseases for their meds, and they are so cheap on things that don't really matter...

Well had breakfast with the guys yesterday, talked about sports, politics, our days and etc. Came home and worked on pool deck some more. Sold my camera, and have a few other things to sell... And late to get to bed again...

Ordered a new bathroom from a local showroom. Their prices looked ridiculous, but they give good discounts so now I'm waiting for the bits to arrive. The real problem is that I'll have to lift part of the bathroom floor to see what alterations I need to make to the plumbing, and then make sure I have all the bits I need.

My father was in the building trade and I picked up most of the skills I need to do the job. I can do most tasks myself except plastering. My father was an expert at it, but it's one skill I never learned. Mrs. L can do a pretty decent job of plastering, so I'll leave that to her.

This morning I'll be volunteering in business office at my church doing my weekly 'jobs' because church will be closed Thurs&Fri for July 4th holiday
This afternoon,I'll be taking my favorite dog,Aker on his afternoon walk,then sit in the community garden with couple other residents Sue

It's a hot day today, but I've not been in the garden, I've been cleaning the whole house upstairs and down!! ..... just finished cleaning the kitchen floor and hallway on my hands and knees... painful , but I can't find any mop that will do the job well enough , so now I'm done cleaning I've stopped for a little rest ..I'm really out of breath! I'm not a slow worker, if I don't work fast I lose interest and only do half the job, so now I'm worn out!! Just gotta put all the cleaning stuff away and I'm done!!

Not much cleaning here just a lick and a promise!

Hot and humid today.

Picked up my mail and stopped at the grocery store.

The refrigerator is full, the bills are paid and I'm in until the 5th!

Have a safe Fourth of July!!!

WindyDefinitiveAfricanporcupine-small.gif

Back