July 2019 ~ Please Share your Day...

I'm fed up!! This morning a Sparrow-hawk has taken 2 of our collared doves.. It's carnage out there, with feathers everywhere!! :eek:

Oh I know they're wild birds (the doves) but they are regular visitors to our garden and as close to tame as they can be and they nest and raise their young in our trees, we know them individually...

We've already protected our little birds with caged feeders...so the SH's can't get to them but the Doves and pigeons feed on the ground, and the Sparrowhawks even fly right into the trees and snatch them off the nest!!

I know all the argument about it being ''nature'' and the SH's have a right to live too...... I don't care, I'm sick and tired of their murdering attacks and eating the birds alive. It really upsets me!!🥺

I want to shoot them..but the bleeding heart do gooders , would be up in arms...( unintended pun)
So sad about the doves, HD.

Finished shampooing another area of carpeting in the living/dining room. Upstairs is finished. I'll finish the remaining sitting area in 2 more sections.
I should really shampoo our carpets, they're not disrty per se, or stained but they probably need a bit of a clean before the winter comes . I put it off because I find with those rented carpet cleaners I can get at the supermarket or hire shops it seems to make the carpet need cleaning more often... any tips RR ? :)

seems to make the carpet need cleaning more often...

Scotch Guard makes a product to spray on after cleaning which helps to repel dirt and staining. I would only use it when you can open the windows & doors , it is a chemical you probably shouldn't breath in much.

We are doing absolutely nothing. Guess I shouldn't say that. We've been watching the squirrels rob the bird feeders, and trying to figure out how to stop the varmits. Will probably watch NASCAR in a bit. I'm still waiting on a prognosis on my granddaughter with the booboo leg. It's a big deal, since we have a family get together planned for next weekend. If she has a bad break, the party is off....and we all will be disappointed...

seems to make the carpet need cleaning more often...

Scotch Guard makes a product to spray on after cleaning which helps to repel dirt and staining. I would only use it when you can open the windows & doors , it is a chemical you probably shouldn't breath in much.

Good tip , I'll do a little research on that!! No problem having windows and doors open here, I am a fresh air freak and so my windows and doors are open every day rain or shine..

muggy here. been through 3 shirts already. :) Cut down a huge white oak, (about 22" thick) bucked up most of it and split some of it. Brought the backhoe down in the lower meadow and cleared the spot where we'll be making a small pond. I've got a great spring and it seems a waste to not make some use of it.

Good Afternoon Folks, Well we didn't do anything today. Been back and forth for some naps. My balance is off a bit today, my pain is 9 out of 10... Has to be the humidity today, or all it is finally getting to me...

Norman...try standing at the sink...like when brushing your teeth or washing, on one foot for 25 seconds and then the other foot. That is said to improve balance
Thank you @Liberty going to see if it helps.

Guess I shouldn't say that. We've been watching the squirrels rob the bird feeders, and trying to figure out how to stop the varmints.
@A2ZGrammie if you were to put a bowl upside down under your feeder, and the same thing above the feeders, then you would cut out the squirrels and chipmunks perfectly... Have attached a few ideas... Hope it helps you out...
God Bless
Mike

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

I didn't enjoy today at all. It's 90 degrees outside and I am inside freezing. I have a sweater on and am covered with a blanket. We don't have the A/C on because I am always cold because my thyroid level is too low. My poor husband is sitting in the other room with the fan on. I feel soo bad that he has to be hot.

Mike,I hope your pain has subsided today
Today is my volunteer morning at Canopy of Neighbors,will be calling some members to see how they are doing,tell them about upcoming events.I may go to local grocery store,Price Right which is 2 blocks away from CON on my way home

It's hot again today after a weekend of Rain... đź’Ą

It's mid afternoon here..gloriously sunny outdoors.. so I hung the soaking wet garden chair cushions out to dry, they've been in the blazing sun for about 5 hours, and still not dry!!

I pulled all the bindweed out that was wrapped around my 8 foot Choisya shrubs, and got the hedge trimmer out and trimmed back some other big red robin forsythia shrubs and Laurel hedging at the back and corners of the garden. 🌳

Got the washer on now, and waiting for that to finish. ...

Mike, thank you for the help. Really, it's very appreciated.

We've actually tried things like that. We looked at baffles online, which were $60. Got a clearance deal where we found them for $5. They don't work. We've watched the squirrels launch themselves from other branches and get into the feeders. We've tried DIY soda bottle baffles. Those don't work either. Saw a suggestion to put the seed bags over the wires they hang on. Nope. We've been told they can't climb fishing line. I think that's the next attempt. We had some line, but it wouldn't hold the squirrel and the feeder. It broke, and broke the baffle. At least the squirrel ran away. I had a nurse tell me that her family had tried feeding the squirrels, and they would actually knock on the door when the squirrel feeder was empty. They really have become a nuisance. At least there's not half a dozen or more anymore. There's only one, and he just won't give up.

Hi Mike and everyone, I'm feeling much better than I was this morning. The past several mornings I have felt ..well..not good..don't know if it's the heat or what. I feel better now, though after eating a good deal of protein. Going to try and keep the protein level up. Took the doggie to the Vet. for her regular visit for her "problem." She is always so good and everyone there just loves her. The AC in my car is working very, very well now..thank goodness for AC! I have laundry I should do but may put it off till tomorrow.

Good Morning Kids, another sleepless night, going to have a smoke, finish looking here and try again... Well its Tuesday, Breakfast with the boys... Lennie and Carl know what day it is, cuz I always bring home a couple of bacon for them. Haven't done too much cuz of pain, and the heat... Hopefully, get back to it this week... Well I hope YOU all have a GREAT Tuesday... and God Bless YOU all
Mike

Slept a lot and woke up feeling very well rested, then ate a sandwich and fell back asleep again. I always say I must've needed it.
Doing laundry now and will be glad when it's done. It was starting to pile up on me. I need to do a lot of dusting around here and also clean the birdie area. I keep the vacuum plugged in for that. Feathers and seeds are something to clean up quite often. Not much else lined up for today.

cut all 3 lawns - never ends -- had lunch , fed the tomatoe plants growing , fed the animals, watched tv movie ' then got in washing as storm is coming in … soon be eve meal time to get cooking ..

Well Good Morning Kids Actually slept in today... It was nice. Didn't do anything yesterday except for breakfast with the boys... Going to start the August conversation believe it is August tomorrow... Where did July go? I have so much to do before Fall. Some things have to be done soon! Anyways, I hope YOU all have a GREAT day... God Bless YOU all..
Mike

Back