July 2019 ~ Please Share your Day...

Went to Walmart for a few things. Poached some chicken breast and made a chicken salad. Wished I had some grapes to put in it! Fed and walked doggie, that's about it.
90F .

RadishRose... love a chicken salad with grapes and sliced almonds! Know what you mean.
Today I'm trying to clean out the freezer. Its that time of year in "paradise". Get ready in case the power goes out...lol!
Heard from my "soul daughter", she'd love some of my big old red lilies so that's great as I was just trying to decide where to dig a new
bed.

Enjoy your salad, but don't forget those unforgettable green grapes next time, huh!

RadishRose... love a chicken salad with grapes and sliced almonds! Know what you mean.
Today I'm trying to clean out the freezer. Its that time of year in "paradise". Get ready in case the power goes out...lol!
Heard from my "soul daughter", she'd love some of my big old red lilies so that's great as I was just trying to decide where to dig a new
bed.

Enjoy your salad, but don't forget those unforgettable green grapes next time, huh!
@Liberty, exactly, green grapes, but instead of almonds I've used toasted walnut or pecan and with tarragon, too. Next time, for sure.

Hope you don't lose power.

Went to our friends small holding this morning. A bit warm for working, but I serviced their two lawnmowers and then helped with clearing weeds. Started preparatory work in the bathroom - hopefully the new units will be coming tomorrow.

Watched TV programmes on the background to the Apollo moon mission.
we saw those documentaries too the night before last.. did you watch the 8 days to the Moon and Back? ..superb!! How anyone can believe the moon landings never happened is beyond me...

Good Morning Kids...
Little slow this morning... Didn't do a lot yesterday, breakfast walked on the property a bit... Then fell asleep in my chair before dinner, and again after dinner till about 10:30... Had 1 ber, and I guess it caused a high sugar because that is the only time I sleep like that. Well, this morning, Have to go to town for my blood tests for the doctor next week, also have to pick up Salt for the softner, and think I need new sand for the pool filter... Well One and All, I hope YOU all have a GREAT day...
Cheers...
Mike

Good Morning Ladies, Gentleman...
How were our days yesterday? Mine went like this, got my blood test done for next weeks Doctor's appointment... Then came home, tried to fix the pool, have to work at it some more today. Have a feeling I need to sand, but can't afford it right now, so need to work at it some more... I know it needs a backwash, but don't have a lot of water these days to spare. Will run some well water to it, but can't leave it for hours and hours...

Then, we got the new clothesline put up, take it off the pipe that as soon as you walk outside you are hitting it. So the new clothes line is up...

IMG_20190717_131936[1].jpgIMG_20190717_131954[1].jpg

Then it took me 2 hours to start cutting the pipe below with all the spiders, and webs.. and only got 3/4 of the way through. Beed to buy some new blades for the saws-all to finish her off today... What a cut...

IMG_20190717_160117[1].jpg

IMG_20190717_160125[1].jpg

Spent yesterday afternoon with one of my daughter's and her family. Went to a Tex-Mex restaurant in the neighborhood, and then some shopping at a new store that just opened up ... a hodgepodge of just about everything.... from surf boards and furniture to incense and clothing. Interesting way to spend a hot afternoon.

We did loads yesterday.. Took the shirts to the dry cleaners, grocery shopping, got the car that hubs is selling all valeted, dealt with several enquiries about it...
Cleaned out the bird feeders, and refilled them, and put a new plate underneath to stop the crumbs falling onto the lawn and being inundated by woord pigeons and collared doves hoovering them up.

Washed and dried all the bedding...

Fitted a new lampshade on a bedside lamp in the spare room... Put together a new Tower fan...

...then took a walk around to our neighbours farmland...

bull.jpg

and had a drink at the local pub.... and home....

In a few minutes I'm going to help erect some new garden seating ...and tomorrow we're going to this place....
https://www.shuttleworth.org/

Last edited:
Good afternoon Ladies, Gents...
Having a rested day today, was up most of the night again... Grandbaby is gone home now, had his first-ever sleepover last night, and did very well... Not a lot else to report right now... Hope YOU all have a GREAT day Kids...

The wooden garden chairs and table set are all built and in situ, but I'm disappointed because when I was in Spain I saw some beautiful seat cushions for it, and hubs convinced me there were cushions already in the box so no need to buy those pretty ones... he was wrong..!! Now since searching for garden cushions here in the UK I discover they're 3 times the price I would have paid in Spain... 😒

This morning I had a exam that had been rescheduled from 7/12,at local hospital where I use to work
After the exam,took the bus to BigLots bought a couple of things
After my lunch and 'nap',took my last walk of the day

Good Morning

Well, another quiet day yesterday. Drove my girl to the doctors, home, and then a nap, slept from about 11:30 till 4... So a very unproductive day... Lorie started the floor in the sunroom. Looks very good. Well, today is breakfast with the guys... so unsure where the day is going... Well, Kids, I hope YOU all have a GREAT day...

My volunteer morning at Canopy of Neighbors,couldn't be there yesterday because of my test at hospital
Afterwards, plan to take the bus to one of my favorite 'box stores',Target

Today it's over 90 deg F, and really hot!! I've been out for a drink with my longest and dearest friend,...but it's really too hot to be outdoors for long..and very few bars or restaurants here have AC...

However, I have more to say about yesterday... we visited a vintage air museum which is housed in 6 Big Hangers with not only old planes but a smattering of vintage vehicles , and also an onsite workshop where you can view the men restoring planes...and attached to it is also some beautiful gardens... and a restaurant..

It was a beautiful day , we'd been there before about 10 years ago...but it was a joy to see everything again. We deliberately didn't go when there was a flying display on because of the crowds...but we did get to see a few gliders and small private planes flying...

I'll be making an album of the pictures another day for anyone whose interested but for now here's a sample of what we saw... and visted..

IMG-2328.jpg

IMG-2355.jpg

IMG-2326.jpg

Been picking green beans to freeze, harvested beets to pickle, picked cucumbers to giveaway, called my daughter who is not feeling well to tell her I love her. (she is 60 lol ) My body is so sore from bending over to pick green beans I need a couple of pain relievers really bad, been reading about my balance issues which is... on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, I am a 4. No brewski's for me today.

I wanted to make a Texas sheet cake, but didn't have all the ingredients.

My son Travis came to visit for a short bit. I bet him $10 and WON. He told me the hats I'm making are ugly.

Our garbage disposal clogged up.

That's the excitement for today.

Back