Lazy Doing Housework, Have You Done Any Housework today?

Finished loading/running/empting out dishwasher. Stripped our bed and put nice/clean/fresh sheets on. Dirty sheets and pillow cases in dryer right now. Will fold clean sheets and put clean pillow cases back on pillows. My housework will be then ........done for the day:)

Good man!

Let's not forget one of the definitions of insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Clean and it gets dirty. Clean again and it gets dirty again. Sigh.

Since retiring, I've been a real slug about cleaning. Sometimes I vacuum. More often than sometimes, I clean the bathroom. The kitchen is usually at least neat, and it used to be that I knew when to dust because the TV screen would get so dusty that I could write my name on it. Now we have flat screen TVs. The screens still get dusty, but it takes months and months.

This old cleaning fairy is a version of the shoemaker's kids.

I do housework when I need to, some things I only do once or twice a year.....like cleaning off bookcases. I have a tall wall unit type bookcase, old in heavy wood. Today I started doing my den/computer room, and started with the bookcase. Took stuff off the top, dusted, Endust wax/wiped, removed all books, dusted them, replaced them after cleaning dust and cob webs around the shelves. Still have the bottom shelf to go and think I'm going to put it off until tomorrow.

I did do some vacuuming besides that, but been taking a lot of breaks. :p That's one of the good things about being retired, time is not restricted. :cool:

Did anyone else here do any housework today?

I don't have a lot of things, as I've traveled light during my life. But what I do have, requires some dusting and usually only once a month, or as I just see it, I'll maybe dust off one thing/area. I only do one room at a time these days, not a full-apartment all at once. I just go in spurts, as I feel like doing it. Luckily I get those spurts before any mold takes hold, LOL!

I stick to a cleaning schedule....Inauguration days :)

I'm more strict about the kitchen & bathroom than the rest. Arthritis changes ones priorities....

At this time of year I tend to let things slide, with Christmas decorations, cards and gifts around the place I can’t be bothered, but once it’s over I get back into the normal routine

I was going to wash my kitchen and bathroom floors this morning, got sidetracked doing something else,which happens alot
I'll probably do them sometime next week,if the spirit moves me to do so LOL! Sue

I was planning on going to the movies today, still too cold to wait for the bus. I instead cleaned all of the furniture in my living/dining room,bedroom this morning with Murphy's Oil Soap.I got tired of looking at the dust. Sue

Yep , even tho' my shoulders are hurting from tendinitis.. I still managed to do some vacuuming today and washing up tonight ( even though I had to call my o/h to come and reach for new sponges from the cupboard for me)... I even dusted the livingroom this morning.. but all done slowly and gently. Hubs is home on Christmas break from work so he is doing all the other harder stuff..

I had put off washing either the kitchen or bathroom floor for a couple of weeks.
I had no plans this morning,so I finally washed my kitchen floor with SpicNSpan.I didn't realize just how dirty it was.The bathroom floor maybe this weekend Sue

Yes, I'm afraid I have. I did what I hate the most, and that is dusting!!!!! I would rather clean bathrooms than to dust!!!!!

Yes after I went shopping in town I came back and did the laundry...washed and dried...then cleaned out the downpipes outside which were full of Moss and leaves after our recent rains..

What was it Quentin Crisp said?.... '' There was no need to do any housework after the first 4 years the dust doesn't get any worse'' ;)

I'd love to try that lol.

Today I haven't done very much...emptied all the waste baskets from the bedrooms and bathrooms, and put the wheelie bin out for the cart in the morning...

Made the beds..cleaned the toilet.. and bath.. had lunch, vacc'd all the way upstairs and down including the ceilings and lights , made dinner, washed up, dried up... ... nothing else... ...must do better... or maybe not..lol

Back